* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#901 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:14 PM

No one likes feeling nickle'n'dimed, but I feel like publishers are forced into this position because customers are not willing to pay for $100 proper games.  I blame my generation, the millennials, for their stupid 'a la carte' buying preferences when it comes to any type of subscription or service.  

I think that several current games-as-a-service are the strongest games of this current gen, including both Destiny and The Division.  Just like how some of the finest PC games from the past had subscription models.  They are the best games, with loads of content, and they absolutely warrant a $100-120 price tag.   But we always cater to the lowest common denominator here and are governed by public opinion Twitter. 

I concur. Like the 'grocery shrink ray', don't lie to me and say "new design!!!!" then lower than quantity of the product and charge the same price. That is a surefire way I'll never buy your product again and switch brands. Charge more if you have to, don't bullshit me.

Same goes for games. I get times have changed. The $60 price has been a standard for years. Instead of lowering the game content at $60, just charge more for it. This whole nonsense of 'incomplete edition' coming out at $60 then next to it is the "this is the real edition guys!" truly pisses me off.

Let's use one of the biggest franchises of the world, call of duty. Loved the series since I was a kid, gaming on a Sony VAIO with EAS Audigy 2ZS 7.1 sound cards, buying expansion packs like nobodies business. Now here we are today. online only for $60. Right there you have less of a game since there's no single player, no story, no writing involved. Then you have a $50 season pass to get the other half of the game. To top it all off, you have additional DLC content and now loot boxes. And I don't want to hear people say "but DLC is cosmetic!". Bullshit. It's cut content held back from the regular priced game to sell it to you at a later date. 

#902 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

It’s about to go down. This beats the ever living shit out of the Left Alive Mech Edition.2EE99702-92A3-4245-84B5-BC838CE507D5.jpeg

#903 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14376 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

I want the game as well, but I can’t justify that price point, especially for some bullshit cosmetics, even sillier “early” access, and with it being always online.

You know what killed it, though? “Year 1 content.” So, let’s say you pay the $130 (really $140, let’s be real now), how much will Year 2 (and 3) cost?

From a business standpoint, UbiSoft/Massive realized they fucked up with the Gold Edition/Season Pass from the first game and the money they missed out on, so they’re making sure they get theirs this time by fucking consumers over.

So the way Ubisoft breaks down that content is:
$60 base game
$10 Steelbook
$40 Year 1 Pass
$20 Deluxe Pack

So given what they’ve done with R6S & Ghost Recon, a Year 2 Pass would be $30-$40.

#904 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

My biggest issue with Ubi Gold editions is the inconsistency in what you get. Odyssey has an unbelievable amount of content, just ridiculous considering you get AC3 free on top of a bunch of incoming DLC. The Crew 2, though, was pretty much trash just giving you cars that had little value in terms of content or even performance over what was in the game.

Division 2 straddles the line by providing what looks like about 12 side missions (maybe 3 hours of game), some cosmetics, and early access which has zero value to me. I'd prefer DLC in MP be free to keep the playerbase strong but I think UBI needs to rethink the prices for SP versus MP games and probably make MP Gold versions cheaper because they are obligated to give a substantial amount of the DLC away from free.

#905 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

My biggest issue with Ubi Gold editions is the inconsistency in what you get. Odyssey has an unbelievable amount of content, just ridiculous considering you get AC3 free on top of a bunch of incoming DLC. The Crew 2, though, was pretty much trash just giving you cars that had little value in terms of content or even performance over what was in the game.

Division 2 straddles the line by providing what looks like about 12 side missions (maybe 3 hours of game), some cosmetics, and early access which has zero value to me. I'd prefer DLC in MP be free to keep the playerbase strong but I think UBI needs to rethink the prices for SP versus MP games and probably make MP Gold versions cheaper because they are obligated to give a substantial amount of the DLC away from free.

I disagree regarding the AC franchise and the gold editions. What they did with Odyssey is a just morally wrong. I'll explain...

With AC Origins gold, you get all DLC, included from the deluxe edition as well. With Odyssey, they raised the gold edition cost $10 from the prior year, and they gave you LESS content, as the deluxe edition DLC was kept out of the gold edition. On top of segregated editions, with gold now not being 'top tier', they added loot boxes as well as nerfed gained resources through gameplay. Read up on the official forums if you haven't, it's a shit show. Essentially, you gain less resources to upgrade existing weapons and armor. Oh but wait! You can buy resources for just $19.99....

#906 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

AND Assassin's Creed Liberation.

#907 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14376 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

I disagree regarding the AC franchise and the gold editions. What they did with Odyssey is a just morally wrong. I'll explain...

With AC Origins gold, you get all DLC, included from the deluxe edition as well. With Odyssey, they raised the gold edition cost $10 from the prior year, and they gave you LESS content, as the deluxe edition DLC was kept out of the gold edition. On top of segregated editions, with gold now not being 'top tier', they added loot boxes as well as nerfed gained resources through gameplay. Read up on the official forums if you haven't, it's a shit show. Essentially, you gain less resources to upgrade existing weapons and armor. Oh but wait! You can buy resources for just $19.99....

AC Gold didn’t come with the Deluxe Pack, only Ultimate did.

#908 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14376 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

The 3 main story expansions are free, just get 1 week early access. The other missions “about the backstory of the fall of DC” are exclusive to the pass.
https://youtu.be/HyXV2XGaFwQ

#909 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:56 AM

AC Gold didn’t come with the Deluxe Pack, only Ultimate did.

Are you referring to origins or odyssey?

#910 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14376 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

Are you referring to origins or odyssey?

Odyssey

#911 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:11 PM

Odyssey

Yes. That’s what I said in my original post. It’s why I’m pissed with ubisoft and done with preordering anything from them. They turned pure evil.

#912 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

Yes. That’s what I said in my original post. It’s why I’m pissed with ubisoft and done with preordering anything from them. They turned pure evil.

Agreed. UbiSoft tried this shit years ago with WatchDogs and their 23414 editions they had, with not ONE of them containing everything, and we as gamers got in their ass for it. They realized they fucked up by not starting slow, and have been gradually getting back to that point ever since. The cold part is that WE let them.

It’s crazy to fathom that people who bought The Division 2’s Dark Zone and Phoenix Shield editions will have paid upwards of $300 or more by the time all the content is released.

Edited by hanzohattori1, 23 March 2019 - 04:33 PM.

#913 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

It's just crazy to fathom anyone bought Division 2 after Division 1, lol.

#914 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

Outstanding

63149380-BE4D-4A5F-A67A-D169B0EF7C49.jpeg 63149380-BE4D-4A5F-A67A-D169B0EF7C49.jpeg CD79B5B4-5AE4-414F-9D2F-BA7A5C721B13.jpeg C0817264-186D-4D59-AD20-266B91F9EF08.jpeg

#915 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:09 AM

Awesome hanzo! Now you just need the Japanese steelbook!

#916 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the US Amazon one is what Japan got but not 100% on that.

#917 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the US Amazon one is what Japan got but not 100% on that.

Amazon US is the same one as Australia, there's one more steel design by Geo Limited in Japan

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#918 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:50 AM

Amazon US is the same one as Australia, there's one more steel design by Geo Limited in Japan

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ah nice. I got the Amazon one but between the CE and that I only wanted one steel so I sold it for $40. Sekiro has been quite the little money printer. ;)

#919 hohle  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Best Buy had Fire Emblem back up for preorder this morning but while I was kicking around with other things I might order it went back out of stock. Has that been flapping for a while?

#920 Tothoro  

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

Best Buy had Fire Emblem back up for preorder this morning but while I was kicking around with other things I might order it went back out of stock. Has that been flapping for a while?

Yeah, it's been coming in and out with a few retailers. I don't think this is the last time it'll be available.

#921 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14376 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:43 AM

If the CE's were available at GameStop instead of just Ubisoft then I would have gotten it.

#922 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

I just hit end game for Division 2 and while I'm not hardcore enough to be suffering from the weird build problems I think the game ticks off all the looter/shooter boxes quite well. The story is non existent which is ironic because it has some of the best world building out there.  Anyone who has played Destiny 2, Anthem, or Fallout 76 will be even more suspicious at the incredible dearth of content those games have next to Division 2.

I don't see Ubi being able to truly support the game the bottomless pit a good MMO has in terms of gear grind but I think they will get much closer than anyone else has on console.

#923 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

Ive been at endgame since week 1 on Div2 waiting for the WT5 final drop of stronghold and the actual release of the 6 piece gear sets.  Right now builds dont matter because max level will be 500?  Game still is way better then Anthem was when it dropped and I stopped playing Destiny 2 way before the expansions came out.

#924 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

I just hit end game for Division 2 and while I'm not hardcore enough to be suffering from the weird build problems I think the game ticks off all the looter/shooter boxes quite well. The story is non existent which is ironic because it has some of the best world building out there.  Anyone who has played Destiny 2, Anthem, or Fallout 76 will be even more suspicious at the incredible dearth of content those games have next to Division 2.

I don't see Ubi being able to truly support the game the bottomless pit a good MMO has in terms of gear grind but I think they will get much closer than anyone else has on console.

I know what you're saying, but I actually big to differ a bit.   The vast majority of people don't care about lore at all.  They just want to shoot things.  So the lore is there, but it's present in lore materials in your "journal" or whatever you want to call your profile stuff.  There are written entries, echos, recordings, video tapes, etc.    There's a lot of meat right there if you want to dig into it. 

That's the same way Destiny 2 does it now too.  After years of experimentation, the lore is now on the lore screen, and its more robust than ever.  Truthfully, I don't really read most of it. 

#925 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

Division 1 was sub par at the beginning but the devs really put in the effort to fix the game and ended it in a good place.  Division 2 builds on all of those solid fixes from the first game and does it even better this time around.  Granted there are some technical issues, but the gameplay and looter shooter content is solid.  I am having a blast with it as are many others.  Give it a try.

#926 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Division 1 was excellent from the start.

I like people who can't fathom that millions of other people really like something that they don't. 

I have a buddy that just built a $2800 new gaming PC specifically to play the Division 2 upon launch.  It was his primary motivating factor to pull the trigger on a new build. 

#927 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

I know what you're saying, but I actually big to differ a bit.   The vast majority of people don't care about lore at all.  They just want to shoot things.  So the lore is there, but it's present in lore materials in your "journal" or whatever you want to call your profile stuff.  There are written entries, echos, recordings, video tapes, etc.    There's a lot of meat right there if you want to dig into it. 

That's the same thing Destiny 2 does it now too.  After years of experimentation, the lore is now on the lore screen, and its more robust than ever.  Truthfully, I don't really read most of it. 

Oh yeah I get it. I just find it funny that I can go into some side mission in Division 2 and the level tells this amazing store via tent cities, makeshift clinics, etc. like some amped up Last of Us and the whole time you have some random on the comms saying "ok, your gonna need to kill everyone here". In Destiny it was all sci-fi gobbledygook so you had to read up if you wanted to understand any of it. Division 2 has this amazing lived out premise but no one seems to care what's going on there. That said, the echoes and phone records are pretty great to help explain flesh out the world and add bits of story as well.

#928 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Oh yeah I get it. I just find it funny that I can go into some side mission in Division 2 and the level tells this amazing store via tent cities, makeshift clinics, etc. like some amped up Last of Us and the whole time you have some random on the comms saying "ok, your gonna need to kill everyone here". In Destiny it was all sci-fi gobbledygook so you had to read up if you wanted to understand any of it. Division 2 has this amazing lived out premise but no one seems to care what's going on there. That said, the echoes and phone records are pretty great to help explain flesh out the world and add bits of story as well.

It's hard, rebooting with a sequel.  DIvision 2 def went for a more minimalist approach.  With the automatic city building and everything that happens.  It's definitely really stripped down, ya.

The story in 1 was better, but let's face it, no one cared or talked about the story from Division 1 at all.   Ubisoft had enough market research to confirm this, and adapt accordingly.

#929 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

Has anyone refused a package from the Square Enix store?  It's been since the the 7th went I sent Left Alive back and after a week they told me to wait 10 business days before getting back with them because the post office didn't provide a tracking number for a refused package.  

#930 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4870 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

Division 1 was excellent from the start.

I like people who can't fathom that millions of other people really like something that they don't. 

I have a buddy that just built a $2800 new gaming PC specifically to play the Division 2 upon launch.  It was his primary motivating factor to pull the trigger on a new build. 

I didn't play it, but it seems like the overall narrative for Division 1 is that it launched very underwhelming and flawed and then evolved into an excellent game. Would you not agree with that?