Far Cry 5 - $14.99 NEW at Gamestop

I bought 2 copies of FC 5 along with The Crew 2 last week. Shockingly, all 3 games arrived sealed!

This was probably shipped from a store. I would've expected it to be shipped in a small box at least. Somehow,they squeezed all 3 games in a yellow envelope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reserved a copy of Tetris Effect at my local Gamestop when it was $19.99 for a new copy.  When I got there, it was an opened case, sticker on it, and a thumb print on the bottom of the disc.  I politely declined and the employee said, "It's brand new."  At that point I laughed and left.  I had Best Buy price match it and picked it up there.  I would do the same for this.

wtf happened to bestbuy price match policy? Did they change their policy? I tried price matching this game last night but the checkout register system gave me an error, saying it's too low. The manager tried selling it for $15 but still gave me the same error. The manager told me the lowest the system could price match it for is $29.99 (50% off because they sell it for $59.99).

Reserved a copy for pick up, stopped by this evening to find the store had closed due to weather.  Will probably miss out since they are disappearing everywhere around here.

Reserved a copy for pick up, stopped by this evening to find the store had closed due to weather. Will probably miss out since they are disappearing everywhere around here.

You aren't missing out on much. I beat it a while back, forced myself to finish it. Got really burnt out halfway through. Read up on some honest reviews if you haven't. I got the gold edition and don't even want to go back for all of the DLC.

wtf happened to bestbuy price match policy? Did they change their policy? I tried price matching this game last night but the checkout register system gave me an error, saying it's too low. The manager tried selling it for $15 but still gave me the same error. The manager told me the lowest the system could price match it for is $29.99 (50% off because they sell it for $59.99).
Yeah BB in store seems to have some sort of price match limit, but you should be able to get an online or phone price match OK. At least it was that way in the past.

2018 GOTY. 100 hours into it. DLC isn't really necessary unless you absolutely have to have more, though the zombie DLC is some of my favorite all time. Though if you're a collector in game or need to 100% everything you'll need to take breaks as there can be some burnout.

2018 GOTY. 100 hours into it. DLC isn't really necessary unless you absolutely have to have more, though the zombie DLC is some of my favorite all time. Though if you're a collector in game or need to 100% everything you'll need to take breaks as there can be some burnout.
Nice to see a comment from someone who isn't downing the game in question for once. Far Cry games are typically just mindless fun, much like the Just Cause games. I pricematched Far Cry 5 at Target when it first went on sale at GameStop, and I still haven't opened it, but I will someday!

I didn’t mind this game overall, but the approach they had with the “boss” fights left much to be desired. And something no has mentioned is the Arcade mode, which is loaded up with tons of fun and crazy alternate modes that are worth dropping into if you get bored of the same story. I haven’t played it in awhile, and there’s got to be even more added to it by now. A decent amount of game for sub $20.

Nice to see a comment from someone who isn't downing the game in question for once. Far Cry games are typically just mindless fun, much like the Just Cause games. I pricematched Far Cry 5 at Target when it first went on sale at GameStop, and I still haven't opened it, but I will someday!
Yeah, there's just so much to do in the game that I think almost anyone could find fun it. I still need to go back and finish some random fishing and hunting side missions.

I didn’t mind this game overall, but the approach they had with the “boss” fights left much to be desired. And something no has mentioned is the Arcade mode, which is loaded up with tons of fun and crazy alternate modes that are worth dropping into if you get bored of the same story. I haven’t played it in awhile, and there’s got to be even more added to it by now. A decent amount of game for sub $20.
The arcade stuff was great. Does the console have the arcade editor? I made a level on PC and it was way fun. I need to go back and make a few more.

My favorite part of the game after finishing the story was the weekly challenges for free cosmetics, but they stopped that in August so by this point I assume people just miss out on it.

It was a decent game, but probably the worst of the “newer” far cry’s IMO, including primal. The kidnap parts drove me nuts. I ran so hard from those hunters, got into a plane, flew off and the sniped me from the ground like 5 miles away. Frustrating.

It was a decent game, but probably the worst of the “newer” far cry’s IMO, including primal. The kidnap parts drove me nuts. I ran so hard from those hunters, got into a plane, flew off and the sniped me from the ground like 5 miles away. Frustrating.

Yep. The constant kidnap scenes, crazy story, and repetitive gameplay killed it for me. I don't start games without finishing them, and that was a hard one to get through. Wolfenstein 2 was another recent one. Really enjoyed the first, the second was a chore.

After thoroughly enjoying FC3 and FC primal I will be trying this game later tonight.I hope to get the plat or 1000gs or shit maybe even both but we'll see.

I was able to price match at BB yesterday to GameStop's price. It took some time since they did get the "too low" error you describe (likely since it's 75% off their retail price) and the register person needed manager assistance, but they still did it. As you can see by the below attachment, it looks like they had to do some workarounds (not sure what the "Gaming Bndl 1" code is?)

[attachment=31787:Capture.JPG]

I was just talking to my friend about this last night as we have basically co-oped the whole game. The kidnap scenes suck and they seem to get more and more as the game goes on. I like the game enough solo with the two slots to assign people to tag along with, but co-op is much more fun.

bread's done
Back