CAGcast #577: Greyhound Gang

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Epic Store exclusivity, ideas to save GameStop, Anthem VIP demo, Farm Together, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 1 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by our will to attempt to entertain you.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound (Unbound Remix)
Outro - CAGs on News + Cheapy Bearer Remix

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I definitely wish GameStop would embrace retro gaming, but I don't think it'd be very profitable for them. I love going to GameStop because of the fact they own ThinkGeek, and have a lot of what I like to call "nerddom" collectibles. The issue for GameStop is that I think a lot of people go into GameStop to browse rather than buy (including ThinkGeek stuff). A lot of the ThinkGeek stuff is really overpriced and I would definitely buy more stuff there if it was a bit more affordable.

Why is Cheapy always so exhausted and ready to be done with the show every week? He's the only one of the hosts who has no job. What is wearing him out?

lol clearly Wombat has done hours of research on the dog but Shipwreck still thinking he's the expert. It is a known fact that some breeds of big dogs do just fine in an apartment setting.

Why is Cheapy always so exhausted and ready to be done with the show every week? He's the only one of the hosts who has no job. What is wearing him out?
We finish the the show once we've touched most everything on the outline. We try to start as close to 9pm as possible and by the time we finish, it's usually after 10:30pm. It's been this way for our entire run. I know crazy long video game podcasts are a thing but it's just not possible with our schedules.

Even when I was in Japan and was recording in the morning, it was still night for the other two guys so the same thing applied.

It seems like a diss to Ship that he doesn't get an "I'm joined by a man who ________" intro the way Wombat does. Always just like "Oh yeah, Shipwreck is also here."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The issue for GameStop is that I think a lot of people go into GameStop to browse rather than buy
That's is definitely what I do. I used to love going to GameStops just to wander around the store and see if there were any hidden gems. Unfortunately, now that most games don't include a manual, its kind of pointless. You can't tell much about a game from the box art. So I just browse on Amazon instead. Not as fun, but at least I can make educated purchases.

Come on guys! You didn't even discuss the fact that you can trade in your games at Gamestop! For a cheap ass gamer like me that doesn't keep a game once I beat them, this is probably the most frugal way to purchase used games, beat them, then trade them back in.

It's true that the trade in values can be shitty, but if you wait for used game sales, trade in offer bonuses, and then stack with pro membership 10% bonus, it can be efficient. If gamestop goes away, it will be more expensive for me to game, hands down.

Also, I'm betting 2 to 1 odds that Cheapy gets a cat by the end of the summer.

PS4 needs less smugness? As evidenced by it having official hard drive?

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Game-Drive-Green-STEA2000403/dp/B01065S79E

There was an official hard drive for Xbox One before there was one for PS4 and from the same company. Mainly because Xbox One supported external hard drives first. believe there was an official hard drive for Xbox 360 too, but from Western Digital.

And yes, official equipment costs more because Seagate has to give some money to Sony for the license. You guys know this, Cheapy at the least is very savvy about marketing stuff. There's no smugness in this, just pure opportunism. And none of the console vendors (or publishers) are above it.

Instead of getting smug about condemning smugness, can we instead all just not be tribal at all?

I had a greyhound in my 1-bedroom, they are great for apartments. They aren't particularly "big", just tall but very thin so they don't weigh a lot, and they don't take up that much space when they curl up on the couch. They sleep a lot but as long as you take them on walks everyday they'll be fine. We had a park at the bottom of the tower I use to live in and that's where he got all his exercise.

The Bomberman talk was funny, prior to Super Bomberman R I hadn't played a Bomberman game in quite a while either but I got on the Switch because it made it easier to bust out at parties/game nights.

Tai deserves a cat. He's a good kid and a pet would be a great addition to the family. Cheapy Cat! 🐈

Is it just me or is Shipwreck becoming more condescending with each new episode? I’ve listened to this podcast since the very first episode and typically enjoy the friendly banter. However, the awkward and sometimes downright rude commentary directed toward Wombat is bothersome. The recent Spider-Man/Iron Man debate was bad enough, but this week, Shipwreck took it too far with the greyhound comments. A common misconception is that retired greyhounds need a lot of space. They don’t, and it was obvious Wombat already had done his research. Yet Shipwreck can’t ever take Wombat at his word and presssd on. And isn’t Mrs. Shipwreck’s wife a veterinarian? Why pretend you have knowledge you don’t, and why must you do it at the expense of a friend?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Love the show and appreciate the years of entertainment you’ve given to this community, but Wombat deserves more respect. No, he may not be some crazy smart rocket scientist like Shipwreck, but he brings a lot of personality to this show that is sorely missing every time he isn’t on. Respect the Wombat!

Is it just me or is Shipwreck becoming more condescending with each new episode? I’ve listened to this podcast since the very first episode and typically enjoy the friendly banter. However, the awkward and sometimes downright rude commentary directed toward Wombat is bothersome. The recent Spider-Man/Iron Man debate was bad enough, but this week, Shipwreck took it too far with the greyhound comments. A common misconception is that retired greyhounds need a lot of space. They don’t, and it was obvious Wombat already had done his research. Yet Shipwreck can’t ever take Wombat at his word and presssd on. And isn’t Mrs. Shipwreck’s wife a veterinarian? Why pretend you have knowledge you don’t, and why must you do it at the expense of a friend?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Love the show and appreciate the years of entertainment you’ve given to this community, but Wombat deserves more respect. No, he may not be some crazy smart rocket scientist like Shipwreck, but he brings a lot of personality to this show that is sorely missing every time he isn’t on. Respect the Wombat!
I agree 100%. He's becoming quite loathsome with his arrogance. Maybe it wasn't a comic bit, a couple months ago, when the other two guys had to practically crowbar some kind words out of him toward his cohosts.

And the greyhound stuff was just embarrassing. Dude, shut up and let your adult friend do his own research and make his own decisions.

I had forgotten about that bit with Ship trying to find something nice to say about Wombat. Cringeworthy for sure and really just sad.

Wow. A lot of negativity toward Shipwreck. I apparently didn't perceive his comments the way others have.

P.S. Team Spider-Man

Great show as always. Loved the surprise guest, I just wish Mrs. Cheapy would have weighed in a bit on the Metro Exodus fiasco.

Shipwreck absolutely comes off as a jerk most of the time, especially the way he finishes a sentence as a question - real immature

bread's done
Back