PS4 - Persona 5 19.99/15.99 GCU Bestbuy.com

Well another game I don't need but want and it's a great price.  Thanks!

Also, I've seen the $1 off mentioned but I never see it when I select pickup in store. Is there something special you have to do for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is in this alleged "gold edition"?  My question is, I've already played this on PS3, so why am I seriously considering getting this on the PS4...as if I really have an extra 100+ hours laying around to get the platinum. (But I'm still probably going to get it.)

Edit: @wraith, usually, I have to start the checkout process with shipping first, then switch to in store pickup. But I think it only works if your selected store has the product in stock.

I believe the gold edition is with all the dlc. Mainly costumes, weapons, and accessories. To get the $1off first in your cart switch it to shipping then hit checkout. In the shipping screen it should say $1off for in store pick up. I know sometimes I have to use the web site or app to get it to work.

What is in this alleged "gold edition"? My question is, I've already played this on PS3, so why am I seriously considering getting this on the PS4...as if I really have an extra 100+ hours laying around to get the platinum. (But I'm still probably going to get it.)

Edit: @wraith, usually, I have to start the checkout process with shipping first, then switch to in store pickup. But I think it only works if your selected store has the product in stock.
Headsup -- PS3 and PS4 version share a trophy list :(

Strong chance Persona 5R will have its own list though.

For everyone else... this game is one of the most stylish games you'll ever play. Part high-school dating sim, part mystery, and part Pokemon. It sounds batshit to explain to someone who hasn't played a Persona game, but just take the leap and enjoy.

Hmmm get this or wait for the gold edition?
A complete edition will just have costumes and items. There's no added game content. If you have any interest in jrpgs this game is a no brainer at this price. It's probably one of the best jrpgs ever made.

Just literally beat this yesterday. What a game. About 110 hours playtime.

Just read Persona Q2 is coming out in June too....bit only for 3ds. Should of made a Switch release too. :/

May have to buy a 3ds solely for that game.

says "price drop" right next to price which means this is the new regular price and should be same price at all stores soon

BestBuy GCU makes things so much easier to buy...thank goodness I still have till summer 2020 with it.

Think it might be time to sell my Take your heart edition and rebuy the base game at this price. I never got any use for the TYH extras.

Oh well "f" that noise then. I've watched vids of the PS4 version and couldnt notice any visual differences. So no need for me to double dip. Thanks mate!
Yea, probably higher, but same art assets. Faster load times. End differences.

Assuming P5R has its own list I will buy it again. Would also redip for a Switch release.

Either way, I hope the cat quits making me go to bed.

Ps4 version had less/no screen tearing and loads quicker. Not sure what vid you were watching
Probably less a factor of the vids I was watching and more a factor of, while playing through the game on PS3, screen tearing and load times didnt bother me. I didnt know those things were a problem.

Yea, probably higher, but same art assets. Faster load times. End differences.

Assuming P5R has its own list I will buy it again. Would also redip for a Switch release.

Either way, I hope the cat quits making me go to bed.
no Switch port confirmed, sorry man. This is Sony's console exclusive

Looks like I bought mine a little too soon around Christmas, but I guess it looks like it's sold out anyway.

I'm still hoping to play this and P4 Golden for vita. I got the steelbook edition of this a while back and have yet to touch it.

Hopefully the digital version will hit 19.99 soon since the physical has dropped.
The digital version already went $19.99 in a flash sale last November. That's when I purchased it, thinking that it was safe to add it to my backlog. Right after that they announced Persona 5 R and now I'm hoping it's more of a sequel than a re-release, it'd really suck if it was just a gold edition of the original game.

Probably less a factor of the vids I was watching and more a factor of, while playing through the game on PS3, screen tearing and load times didnt bother me. I didnt know those things were a problem.
it also likely varies depending on model of ps3 and ps4 as well.

I am tempted to wait till they do the enhanced version of 5 like they have with 3 and 4 myself but sub 20 is very tempting.

Got a source for that? Outside of 5R teaser starting with PS, there is nothing confirmed one way or the other on that yet.
you got a source for a Switch port confirmation? NO? okay.

Persona 5 is on Sony and Sony platform alone. Do you have any other info saying otherwise?

oh btw,, Persona 5 MIGHT come to Android and iPhone too "because there's NOTHING confirmed one way or the other on that yet" :whistle2:

I think I misread your first post as saying it's confirmed there is no Switch port rather than there hasn't been one confirmed yet. Which I'm well aware nothing is confirmed yet, but plenty of fuel with Joker in Smash and the teaser for 5R listing it as New Projects plural. Could be Switch, could be a new Arena spinoff. Hell, could be a Morgana origin story.

Cheers.

you got a source for a Switch port confirmation? NO? okay.

Persona 5 is on Sony and Sony platform alone. Do you have any other info saying otherwise?

oh btw,, Persona 5 MIGHT come to Android and iPhone too "because there's NOTHING confirmed one way or the other on that yet" :whistle2:
LOL wth, this went from 0-60 real quick in the other direction. I'm so confused

sold out already, damn. good thing this is a permanent price drop. it'll always be this price! until they stop printing copies of course.

Just got an order in. When it comes to BB their stock is always changing. Sold out, played a match of Overwatch, hit refresh, says in stock but pickup only, play another match, refresh - SHIPPED!

With Persona 5 R, there were several things going on.

A Japanese message board post said Persona 5 R is a complete edition for 2019 and a (then unannounced) Granblue fighting game had delayed Persona 5 Arena. The announcement a week later of Granblue Fantasy Versus made it more credible than some person just posting random BS on an anonymous board.

https://personacentral.com/rumor-persona-5-arena-development-p5r-complete-edition-2019-super-smash-ultimate-leak/

At the same time a Persona fan that could speak Japanese was supposedly given some inside info on Persona 5 R saying it was a re-release and implied it would be Switch exclusive in one of his tweets. He provided sources to Resetera (because they demand proof) and it was accepted by the moderation staff. The teaser video for P5R teased new projects but opened up with a Playstation logo, which opened up the internet floodgates of gamers.

There's actually a lot of DLC content for Persona 5: Cosmetics like costumes and music, then the player character's Personas from earlier games. Atlus offers that as a complete edition in the digital store for $114 (on PSN sale for $57.49 right now.) Print that on a new disk, maybe add a costume or two and there's a new $60 title. So just know in advance you'll start seeing a more complete version of the game and enjoy the base $20 experience.

My money is on them releasing p5r on ps4 and switch and it could include extra stuff like fes or p3p.

Since they have started releasing stuff on pc I wonder if it or some version of it will end up on there.

My money is on them releasing p5r on ps4 and switch and it could include extra stuff like fes or p3p.

Since they have started releasing stuff on pc I wonder if it or some version of it will end up on there.
Judging by the Catherine port using fan tools, it will probably be RPCS3 running Persona 5 with some attempt at upscaling.

bread's done
Back