- - - - -

PS4 - Persona 5 19.99/15.99 GCU Bestbuy.com

#31 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:27 AM

no Switch port confirmed, sorry man. This is Sony's console exclusive

Got a source for that? Outside of 5R teaser starting with PS, there is nothing confirmed one way or the other on that yet.

#32 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4456 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:49 AM

I'm still hoping to play this and P4 Golden for vita. I got the steelbook edition of this a while back and have yet to touch it.

#33 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

Hopefully the digital version will hit 19.99 soon since the physical has dropped.

The digital version already went $19.99 in a flash sale last November. That's when I purchased it, thinking that it was safe to add it to my backlog. Right after that they announced Persona 5 R and now I'm hoping it's more of a sequel than a re-release, it'd really suck if it was just a gold edition of the original game.

#34 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

Probably less a factor of the vids I was watching and more a factor of, while playing through the game on PS3, screen tearing and load times didnt bother me. I didnt know those things were a problem. 

it also likely varies depending on model of ps3 and ps4 as well.

I am tempted to wait till they do the enhanced version of 5 like they have with 3 and 4 myself but sub 20 is very tempting.

#35 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Got a source for that? Outside of 5R teaser starting with PS, there is nothing confirmed one way or the other on that yet.

you got a source for a Switch port confirmation?  NO? okay.

Persona 5 is on Sony and Sony platform alone.  Do you have any other info saying otherwise?

oh btw,, Persona 5 MIGHT come to Android and iPhone too "because there's NOTHING confirmed one way or the other on that yet"  :-

#36 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

I think I misread your first post as saying it's confirmed there is no Switch port rather than there hasn't been one confirmed yet. Which I'm well aware nothing is confirmed yet, but plenty of fuel with Joker in Smash and the teaser for 5R listing it as New Projects plural. Could be Switch, could be a new Arena spinoff. Hell, could be a Morgana origin story.

Cheers.

#37 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

you got a source for a Switch port confirmation?  NO? okay.

Persona 5 is on Sony and Sony platform alone.  Do you have any other info saying otherwise?

oh btw,, Persona 5 MIGHT come to Android and iPhone too "because there's NOTHING confirmed one way or the other on that yet"  :-

LOL wth, this went from 0-60 real quick in the other direction.  I'm so confused

#38 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14372 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Eh, I'll wait for the re-release with all the patches on the cart.

Persona 5 never needed a patch ...

#39 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14372 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

Sold out online, not available within 250 miles of me.

I’ve seen it for the same price at Walmart.

#40 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

LOL wth, this went from 0-60 real quick in the other direction. I'm so confused

Yeah, that was.. weird.

#41 miamiheatnumber32   Won’t suck discord dick CAG in Training   44 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

miamiheatnumber32

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

I’d buy the persona 5 cart for the iPhone. It’d give me something to do at work.

#42 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

sold out already, damn. good thing this is a permanent price drop. it'll always be this price! until they stop printing copies of course.

#43 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:24 PM

Say whaa? Damn that sucks. Fun game, it would have been amazing to take it on the go. 

doesnt mean it wont happen

#44 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

Just got an order in. When it comes to BB their stock is always changing. Sold out, played a match of Overwatch, hit refresh, says in stock but pickup only, play another match, refresh - SHIPPED!

#45 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

With Persona 5 R, there were several things going on.

A Japanese message board post said Persona 5 R is a complete edition for 2019 and a (then unannounced) Granblue fighting game had delayed Persona 5 Arena. The announcement a week later of Granblue Fantasy Versus made it more credible than some person just posting random BS on an anonymous board.

https://personacentr...-ultimate-leak/

At the same time a Persona fan that could speak Japanese was supposedly given some inside info on Persona 5 R saying it was a re-release and implied it would be Switch exclusive in one of his tweets. He provided sources to Resetera (because they demand proof) and it was accepted by the moderation staff. The teaser video for P5R teased new projects but opened up with a Playstation logo, which opened up the internet floodgates of gamers.

There's actually a lot of DLC content for Persona 5: Cosmetics like costumes and music, then the player character's Personas from earlier games. Atlus offers that as a complete edition in the digital store for $114 (on PSN sale for $57.49 right now.) Print that on a new disk, maybe add a costume or two and there's a new $60 title. So just know in advance you'll start seeing a more complete version of the game and enjoy the base $20 experience.

#46 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:48 PM

My money is on them releasing p5r on ps4 and switch and it could include extra stuff like fes or p3p.

Since they have started releasing stuff on pc I wonder if it or some version of it will end up on there.

#47 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

My money is on them releasing p5r on ps4 and switch and it could include extra stuff like fes or p3p.

Since they have started releasing stuff on pc I wonder if it or some version of it will end up on there.

Judging by the Catherine port using fan tools, it will probably be RPCS3 running Persona 5 with some attempt at upscaling. 

#48 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1103 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Managed to get one for pick up, but didn't get the $1 off since pick up was the only option.

#49 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

Back in stock for shipping.

#50 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:11 AM

Probably dropping price to clear stock ahead of a new version. They’re announcing something P5 related in March. Probably joker in smash release date along with a P5 with new stuff for PS4 and switch

In a perfect world it would P3 and P4 on modern consoles

#51 lemonfreshviper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

lemonfreshviper

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:56 AM

No luck at my Best Buy but I passed by a Walmart that had the steelbook version still; rang up for $20 despite still being shelf-tagged for $60. Another store had standard copies for $20 with a "rollback" sticker so I'm guessing bonesawisready is right about it being a universal price drop and its making its way across retailers.  

#52 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:00 AM

No luck at my Best Buy but I passed by a Walmart that had the steelbook version still; rang up for $20 despite still being shelf-tagged for $60. Another store had standard copies for $20 with a "rollback" sticker so I'm guessing bonesawisready is right about it being a universal price drop and its making its way across retailers.

I thought the Steelbook was Target exclusive, that's weird.

#53 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

I thought the Steelbook was Target exclusive, that's weird.

No, it was a first-print launch exclusive.

Again, PS 5R --> VR. PS4 version will probably come with some exclusive PSVR component, thus the PS4 logo appearing in the teaser. Makes a lot of sense and it's a clever play on the number.

As for the Switch version, obviously wouldn't include that.

#54 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

It’s crazy how your Walmart still had one of the steelbook edition. Lucky

#55 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

No, it was a first-print launch exclusive.

Again, PS 5R --> VR. PS4 version will probably come with some exclusive PSVR component, thus the PS4 logo appearing in the teaser. Makes a lot of sense and it's a clever play on the number.

As for the Switch version, obviously wouldn't include that.

This would be fantastic. Hopefully it gets a bit more utility than it had in the dancing games that just came out, but I guess that probably gives even more weight to your point that they used the P3D/P5D as proof of concept for P5R. Roman numeral for 5 is V.... Persona 5(V)R

#56 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1377 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

$20 at GameStop now, pre-owned at $19 ($15.20 for elite).

#57 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

sold out already, damn. good thing this is a permanent price drop. it'll always be this price! until they stop printing copies of course.

Atlus kept Persona 4 and the 2 SMT Digital Devil Saga games in print for years, well into the PS4 era even. And they are still available new for under MSRP online. I don't think Persona 5 is ever going to go out of print, unless we get a new edition for PS4 like FES. 

#58 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

Persona VR. It's so obvious. Might be interesting.

#59 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14072 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

Heard this game is awesome.  

Okay to jump in if I've never played a Persona game before?  

(I actually think I played the PS1 Persona and maybe tried Persona 3 before.)

#60 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

Heard this game is awesome.  

You've heard correctly.  Jump right in - there's no direct plot connections to previous games.