- - - - -

PS4 - Persona 5 19.99/15.99 GCU Bestbuy.com

#61 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4454 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

You've heard correctly.  Jump right in - there's no direct plot connections to previous games.

I own P4G on vita and the steelbook P5. Never played either. Bought them as I loved JRPGs for decades, heard the highest praise for the games. What holds me back is reading how daunting and long they are. Which also concerns me having me think there's a high learning curve.

#62 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

I own P4G on vita and the steelbook P5. Never played either. Bought them as I loved JRPGs for decades, heard the highest praise for the games. What holds me back is reading how daunting and long they are. Which also concerns me having me think there's a high learning curve.

They're long, but they're about average compared to other JRPGs. There's not much of a learning curve either. The gameplay is very easy to pick up. The only part of the games that might get some getting used to is the time/calendar system. You might even be tempted to restart the game because you "wasted" a couple of days getting used to it, but the first few hours of the game are pretty much impossible to Fuck up because they're purposely there for you to get acclimated to the game's structure. 

#63 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

Tempted but I went to Far Cry 5 for $15 instead because I was in the mood for more of a mindless shooter. Could buy this now but knowing it's a Price Drop makes it easier to wait. Plus still playing RE2 and Kingdom Hearts 3. And damn their both so good.

#64 adam81  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

I hear you on that. I own several JRPGS going back to the PS1 that I'll probably never be able to play through. 

The longest game I've played in recent times is AC Odyssey and that took me 55 hours in over 3 months. It felt a little too long in that time, not to mention I still have another major quest line to do.

The last JRPG I beat was Lunar 2 Complete on PS1 and that was when it was new haha.

#65 ec91762  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

Gamestop has it preowned at $18.99, after all my discounts it came down to $15. I think its worth it, actually gonna be my first Persona!