- - - - -

Ultraviolet Movie service shutting down

#31 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

Slightly OT, but I grabbed all the codes I had from everything because of the shutdown and starting redeeming everything today.

Figure this is the best place to ask this next, but I found a couple of Sony disc registration codes in some of my collection, but when i try to use the Sony Rewards app to register them, I basically can't because the codes on the inserts are only 8 characters long.

Any ideas?

#32 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10494 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

Slightly OT, but I grabbed all the codes I had from everything because of the shutdown and starting redeeming everything today.

Figure this is the best place to ask this next, but I found a couple of Sony disc registration codes in some of my collection, but when i try to use the Sony Rewards app to register them, I basically can't because the codes on the inserts are only 8 characters long.

Any ideas?

At the bottom of the register disc page is a list of all movies that are eligible to be registered.  Anything not on that list (i.e., older movies with codes) probably won't work.

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14354 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, I ended up redeeming everything I had a couple months ago after deciding trying to sell them wouldn't be time/cost effective. I might use the digital library one day, but for now I don't even consider it an option. I still prefer to just grab the disc and pop it into the X1 4k BD player. ;)

#34 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:11 AM

You could screenshot all your movies or you could use this... https://chrome.googl...gmjfkdopc?hl=en

How long does this take? I have about 1K movies and 200 TV shows in my Vudu account. It's been running for over an hour.

#35 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10494 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

How long does this take? I have about 1K movies and 200 TV shows in my Vudu account. It's been running for over an hour.

Make sure to not use Chrome Canary. It will run infinitely and not get anywhere.

I have many more movies than you and it took maybe five minutes.

#36 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

I just checked my Vudu account, and the number totals for my movies and TV collections haven't gone down, so that's a relief. Stuff that I recall redeeming through Flixster that ported to Vudu through UV is still in there.

#37 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1628 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

Make sure to not use Chrome Canary. It will run infinitely and not get anywhere.

I have many more movies than you and it took maybe five minutes.

Thanks. After a couple hours last night I gave up, closed Chrome, relaunched and tried again and it worked.

Took maybe 10 minutes

#38 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12762 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:58 PM

I just checked my Vudu account, and the number totals for my movies and TV collections haven't gone down, so that's a relief. Stuff that I recall redeeming through Flixster that ported to Vudu through UV is still in there.

Same here.  I was mostly thinking older stuff redeemed through CinemaNow or Target Ticket would potentially disappear, or a handful of movies from the UK I redeemed through a VPN, but everything seems in order.

#39 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:12 AM

What happened to the vudu d2d thread ?

#40 J_Freeze757  

J_Freeze757

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

Threads here disappear after few months of inactivity, So if you want thread to stay give it nice post in it (bump).Then it won't be deleted.

#41 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2651 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:34 AM

It's statements like this that remind me why I will never go digital with movies and video games.

#42 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2384 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

It's statements like this that remind me why I will never go digital with movies and video games.

At some point, people won't have a choice. The world is going towards all digital. Maybe we'll be dead by then, but if it happens in the next 4 decades, I'd prefer to still be alive.

#43 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10494 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

At some point, people won't have a choice. The world is going towards all digital. Maybe we'll be dead by then, but if it happens in the next 4 decades, I'd prefer to still be alive.

And complaining about how all my 16K movies look like shit because the 32K movies are out now...

#44 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12762 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

What happened to the vudu d2d thread ?

Threads here disappear after few months of inactivity, So if you want thread to stay give it nice post in it (bump).Then it won't be deleted.

Just change the time frame at the top of a forum under the Custom to show older topics, which is likely going to be Show All because the only other option is the Last 90 Days for older topics.  By default, it's 60 days.  Hit the checkbox to save it as your default view.  It needs to be done on each forum.

Capture.JPG