Best Buy Ad 2/3-2/9

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

•   :xb1: :ps4: Pro Fishing Simulator $39.99
  • :switch: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 $29.99
New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Monster Energy Supercross 2 $59.99 + $10 Best Buy E-Gift Card
  • :ps4: GOD EATER 3 $59.99
  • :switch: Super Meat Boy $29.99
  • :switch: RIOT: Civil Unrest $39.99
  • :3ds: Yo-Kai Watch 3 $39.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: NHL 19 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR $29.99 Save $20
  • :ps4: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice $19.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• Save $10 on select Microsoft Xbox Controllers with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on Turtle Beach Recon 50 Gaming Headsets
  • Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 Wired Gaming Headset $199.99 Save $50
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• The Grinch $19.99 Save $3
  • The Grinch Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $3
  • The Grinch 3D $24.99 Save $3
  • The Grinch 4K $24.99 Save $3
  • Widows $19.99
  • Widows 4K $24.99
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web $19.99 Save $5
  • A Private War $19.99 Save $3

Ooh, A Private War is landing next week.

Remarkable story about war reporter Marie Colvin. She didn't sanitize the horrors of war she covered. Lost an eye in the process. Did it for decades. She literally (and I do mean literally) gave voice to the voiceless those caught up in the atrocities. Rosamund Pike has been getting huge accolades for her portrayal most people didn't know of her, so getting her story out there is great for those wanting to learn more.

There's a couple fictionalized love interests, but one's played by Stanley Tucci, so I'm good with that.

Additionally, Syria was ordered to pay $300 million and change in the blame for her deliberately government-targeted death in 2012 covering their war against the citizen opposition just this week, so that just makes this film all the more incredible as a footnote.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is up with Hellblade. 2nd time they have discounted the Playstation version by $10 but the XB has not yet been on sale. 

Real tempted to get that Super Meat Boy physical. Guess I can use my $15 in certs and complain about GCU ending again when the employees ask where I have been again. Seriously went from going into Best Buy on a weekly basis to barely at all now that I don't have GCU. 

Real tempted to get that Super Meat Boy physical. Guess I can use my $15 in certs and complain about GCU ending again when the employees ask where I have been again. Seriously went from going into Best Buy on a weekly basis to barely at all now that I don't have GCU.
I'm definitely picking that up as well. I want to know when Celeste physical for the switch is going to go up for pre-order on their site. I believe BB is getting 8k copies or so from LRG.

Ooh, A Private War is landing next week.

Remarkable story about war reporter Marie Colvin. She didn't sanitize the horrors of war she covered. Lost an eye in the process. Did it for decades. She literally (and I do mean literally) gave voice to the voiceless those caught up in the atrocities. Rosamund Pike has been getting huge accolades for her portrayal most people didn't know of her, so getting her story out there is great for those wanting to learn more.

There's a couple fictionalized love interests, but one's played by Stanley Tucci, so I'm good with that.

Additionally, Syria was ordered to pay $300 million and change in the blame for her deliberately government-targeted death in 2012 covering their war against the citizen opposition just this week, so that just makes this film all the more incredible as a footnote.
Yeah, but does she show her tits?

What is up with Hellblade. 2nd time they have discounted the Playstation version by $10 but the XB has not yet been on sale.
That's just Best-Buy playing favors with SONY.......as it wasn't enough when they hide the Xbox One copies of Red Dead Redemption in their warehouses during black Friday while displaying the PS4 version everywhere.......not just in one store but two that I went to had mysteriously the same "lack" of space for the Xbox copies.

So this move doesn't surprise me at all from them.

That's just Best-Buy playing favors with SONY.......as it wasn't enough when they hide the Xbox One copies of Red Dead Redemption in their warehouses during black Friday while displaying the PS4 version everywhere.......not just in one store but two that I went to had mysteriously the same "lack" of space for the Xbox copies.

So this move doesn't surprise me at all from them.
There are fewer versions for the X1 on eBay right now from various sellers, I bet Sony did that too. Microsoft owns the IP for the game now, so I guess Sony controls if/when the game goes on sale at retailers.

Maybe just maybe stores didn't order enough copies of the X1 version of RDR2 because the console is in last place in sales and didn't realize there would be a high demand for the X1 version.

Anyone here play hellblade yet ?
Played it, loved it. Headphones are a must, don't play without them. It's short and simple, very linear, and little to unlock and you can 100% it in one playthrough. Combat is deeper than at first glance because it really doesn't tell you how to play or let you know what the combos are.
The visuals are fantastic, sound is engrossing, and the story is the main attraction. It's a hell of an experience.

The Xbox One version of Hellblade was technically published by Microsoft, while the PS4 version was published by 505 Games. Microsoft bought the studio behind Hellblade after the game was scheduled to be sold at retail and this was the arrangement they came to. So, 505 Games has offered to discount the PS4 version, but Microsoft has not offered any discounts their version yet.

Another possible reason is that Hellblade has been out for the PS4 for a longer time. Same thing with No Man's Sky which has been cheaper for the PS4. It's a pretty good game though.

Some quality sega games are really falling.

Will pick up Yakuza Kiwami 2 locally.  RIP to my recently expired gcu. 

I didn't know where else to ask but anyone know the trade in value of RE2 remake at BB right now?
This is where BB can be shit: they don't have one right now so they're not accepting any. I don't even bother trying to trade to them anymore since they rarely add new games to their trade-in program these days. It seems they just don't care anymore.

This is where BB can be shit: they don't have one right now so they're not accepting any. I don't even bother trying to trade to them anymore since they rarely add new games to their trade-in program these days. It seems they just don't care anymore.
Wow that used to be my go to spot so i guess its back to craigslist

I really wonder when we are finally going to see a Darksiders 3 sale from Best Buy. They have had CE and Apocalypse Edition copies on hand since launch, Gamestop has done big discounts ($99.99 and $299.99 respectively) but BB has not budged. 

So I preordered Yokai Watch 3 for store pickup months ago for the BB near my work and today I got an email saying it was not available at that store.  Its a Nintendo-published game, how the fuck is that not available on release date?  Looking at their website, just about every other store within 50 miles has it in stock...except for the store I preordered it to pick up at.

Sounds like your store was lazy and didn't get the game received into the system before it was time to pull preorders.

bread's done
Back