15% Off HD Retrovision Cables at Castlemania Games during Super Bowl

Jurai

Banned
These are considered to be some of the best cables if you're running original retro gear, 15% off with code in tweet til end of the game (2 quarters + halftime left at time of post)

https://twitter.com/CastleManiaRyan/status/1092217868597354496

I picked up a genesis one. Looks like the Saturn adapter is sold out otherwise would have gotten one of those too.

Are these things really that good? Haven’t really looked into them before but apparently they are popular.

I picked up a genesis one. Looks like the Saturn adapter is sold out otherwise would have gotten one of those too.

Are these things really that good? Haven’t really looked into them before but apparently they are popular.
I don't personally own them, but reviewers generally agree that they are extremely well built and tested to provide the best color levels etc for their output

The PS2/3 cables are GREAT and definitely worth the $30+. While $60+ seems a little high for the SNES/Genesis cables, I’m sure they’re very high quality.

I've been using these for a while now, for my SNES and Genesis.  I use them on a CRT that supports component, but I've used them on my large 55" 4K TV with my Genesis and it looks like you're playing an emulator. The quality is unreal.   This is the best and simplest way to achieve an almost RGB color with your retro consoles if you're in the US.  There's no other option like this that I've found.  I see a lot of people on the twitter posts laughing at the price for the cables but I don't think they fully grasp that there aren't readily available component options available for these consoles.   In the US there aren't really TV's that natively support SCART so this is the best we got.

The PS2/3 cables are GREAT and definitely worth the $30+. While $60+ seems a little high for the SNES/Genesis cables, I’m sure they’re very high quality.
Well, remember, their cables are adapting RGB pinouts to a YPbPr output, and doing it WITHOUT requiring an external power supply and also passing the correct resolutions to the TV. It's a pretty amazing piece of technology.

I have a Genesis still and an OK amount of games but not sure I want to pay the prices plus I need the Genesis 1 adapter...may be a bit too much for me right  now.

They are definitely solid, got a set for my SNES and JVC X'Eye. Make a world of difference even going from S-Video.

Man reading these comments makes me realize I should maybe have picked up other ones too. I have component cables for my ps2 and an s-video for my snes, but you guys are saying these look even better than those?

I'm not sure why there would be a difference on the PS2, since that's had component cables for years and years. You should be able to get a crisper picture from the Super NES, though. It's not going to bump up the resolution or anything, but what's there will be sharper.

I wanted to get one of these cables for the Genesis, since its picture in composite is utter shaq fu and I was never able to successfully mod mine for S-video or VGA. However, I can never pull the trigger on that price. Plus there are so many devices that can play Genesis games, from my Raspberry Pi all the way down to my PSP and classic Xbox. Even with the discount, I'll have to pass.

I'm not sure why there would be a difference on the PS2, since that's had component cables for years and years. You should be able to get a crisper picture from the Super NES, though. It's not going to bump up the resolution or anything, but what's there will be sharper.

I wanted to get one of these cables for the Genesis, since its picture in composite is utter shaq fu and I was never able to successfully mod mine for S-video or VGA. However, I can never pull the trigger on that price. Plus there are so many devices that can play Genesis games, from my Raspberry Pi all the way down to my PSP and classic Xbox. Even with the discount, I'll have to pass.
I'm not gonna say go buy Monster cables or anything, but it's an almost unanimous opinion that the way hd retrovision builds these cables produces close to if not the cleanest display you're gonna get out of the systems without internal modifications of some sort. And plenty of people do not like playing on emulation boxes, they wan't to play on actual hardware

Sale promo code is dead now btw

Man reading these comments makes me realize I should maybe have picked up other ones too. I have component cables for my ps2 and an s-video for my snes, but you guys are saying these look even better than those?
It depends on the type of PS2 cable you own. If it's a generic cable off eBay, the build quality probably isn't the best. The HD Retrovision cables are pretty sturdy and well shielded. If you have OEM cables are higher quality 3rd-party cables, you'll probably won't notice a difference.

The component cable for the SNES is an improvement over S-Video, but not nearly as big of an improvement as you might think. The SNES S-Video output is very good and I had a hard time telling the difference between S-Video/HD Retrovision Component sitting on the couch. Close up though I could tell component did sharpen up the pixels a bit. If you're using S-Video output on a SNES and are happy with how it looks, don't worry about missing out on the sale.

Well I got the genesis cables in today and and the Saturn adapter I picked up a day later. And holy. Cow. These look absolutely amazing. I literally did not think genesis or Saturn games could look that sharp. I’ve only tried them on my component compatible CRT so far...yet to try the lcd but they blow anything else I’ve seen out of the water. These literally look better than emulation. Worth it, and now I’m contemplating ordering the snes ones as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back