Best Buy Steelbooks

Now all I need is to find a steelbook that doesn't look crushed or scratched cause wow I have no luck when it comes to the exclusive steelbooks.

In-store specifically.

Can anyone explain to me the point/appeal of these SteelBooks? 

Especially for games like Fallout 76 where a disk for the main game literally does not exist. You want a case for your cardboard disk? 

Now all I need is to find a steelbook that doesn't look crushed or scratched cause wow I have no luck when it comes to the exclusive steelbooks.

In-store specifically.

I've noticed a lot of the preorder steelbooks come without any factory seal, making them highly susceptible to any and all damage.

Especially for games like Fallout 76 where a disk for the main game literally does not exist. You want a case for your cardboard disk?
I absolutely don't understand the fanatical appeal.

Idk how it really started for me but it's become a hobby of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two Resident Evil 2 Steelbooks as well as the Deluxe DLC for sale. I don't like selling on ebay though because you often get screwed as a seller.

... and how much for a Steelbook out of curiosity?
I'll sell it at a high price, stranger. j/k These aren't shrinkwrapped unlike the European ones and there is a upc sticker on the back which will need some adhesive remover to get rid of. You don't want something that is going to stain or remove the black matte finish though.

Just send me a private message unless you want to order one from Amazon Germany.

I bought 3 from them, because I wanted them shipped in a box. Well, they shipped them in a box and all three were damaged in transit. Returning them is a fucking pain in the ass, so I am SOL. Damage isn't HORRIBLE but still I am pissed they all arrived that way.
Out of curiosity, which shipping option did you choose? I see there are Standard and a Global Standard shipping options. Does the cheaper Standard Shipping ship to the US?

Sucks to hear about all of them arriving damaged. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk now.

Out of curiosity, which shipping option did you choose? I see there are Standard and a Global Standard shipping options. Does the cheaper Standard Shipping ship to the US?

Sucks to hear about all of them arriving damaged. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk now.
Standard shipping. They were shipped in a cardboard mailer type box. One of the ones you can adjust its size. The size was adjusted too small basically putting pressure on all the cases. I tried to return them, but you have to pay the international shipping back and then submit your receipt to Amazon.de to get a refund on the shipping. Not worth the hassle IMO.

Standard shipping. They were shipped in a cardboard mailer type box. One of the ones you can adjust its size. The size was adjusted too small basically putting pressure on all the cases. I tried to return them, but you have to pay the international shipping back and then submit your receipt to Amazon.de to get a refund on the shipping. Not worth the hassle IMO.
Ugh...yeah, starting to agree it may not be worth the risk / hassle. Thanks for the heads-up man!

Wait wait wait...BB steelbooks are separate?  Even when they first come out?  The actual game is in it's normal case than the steelbook?  I'm confused...

Wait wait wait...BB steelbooks are separate? Even when they first come out? The actual game is in it's normal case than the steelbook? I'm confused...
Some are separate when they're advertised as a bonus. Mario Kart 8 was a separate bonus also. On the opposite side, the PS4 release of Valkyria Chronicles came in the steelbook.

I bought 3 from them, because I wanted them shipped in a box. Well, they shipped them in a box and all three were damaged in transit. Returning them is a fucking pain in the ass, so I am SOL. Damage isn't HORRIBLE but still I am pissed they all arrived that way.
I'm still waiting on mine to show up. Maybe I'll be lucky, i would expect it to show up some time next week. I chose standard shipping.

Love steelbooks and try to get them when available. Bought one for Prey a while ago. Price matched South Park Fractured But Whole Gold Edition a while ago and the steelbook had a small dent, otherwise was perfect.

Holding out for a huge price drop on Fallout 76 as it comes with a steelbook.

I'm still waiting on mine to show up. Maybe I'll be lucky, i would expect it to show up some time next week. I chose standard shipping.
I must be lucky, RE2 steelbook from Amazon.de showed up today and it's in perfect condition. Standard cardboard mailer. I ordered Jan 25, so just over 2 weeks to arrive.

Some are separate when they're advertised as a bonus. Mario Kart 8 was a separate bonus also. On the opposite side, the PS4 release of Valkyria Chronicles came in the steelbook.
Yeah, my BF5 came with the normal copy and the Steelbook as a separate item. I almost didn't get it because they didn't automatically give it to me either.

Prey? Where.

Like how does Best Buy sell these things?

Love steelbooks and try to get them when available. Bought one for Prey a while ago. Price matched South Park Fractured But Whole Gold Edition a while ago and the steelbook had a small dent, otherwise was perfect.

Holding out for a huge price drop on Fallout 76 as it comes with a steelbook.

I dunno, why do people collect Hummels or Swarovski Crystal, or anything?

It appeals to them aesthetically.

bread's done
Back