Best Buy Ad 2/10-2/16

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Far Cry New Dawn $39.99
    Save $40 on Far Cry 5 with purchase of Far Cry New Dawn

[*]:xb1: Crackdown 3 $59.99
  • Free Steelbook with purchase of Crackdown 3 physical, digital or 6 Months of Xbox Game Pass

[*]:xb1: :ps4: Jump Force $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: Metro Exodus $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition $89.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: :switch: Dragons: Dawn of New Riders $39.99
[*]:switch: Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe $34.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 19 $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: Battlefield V $29.99 Save $30
Everything Else:

• Razer Kraken Tournament Edition Wired Stereo Gaming Headset $79.99 Save $20
  • SteelSeries Arctis 3 Wired Stereo Gaming Headset $59.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Bohemian Rhapsody $19.99
  • Bohemian Rhapsody 4K $24.99
  • Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • At Eternity's Gate $16.99 Save $2
  • The Front Runner $22.99 Save $2

Welp next week is my last week of having GCU. I'm hoping more preorders get posted up soon to lock in the discounts :/

Love Metro but with Anthem just another week later, I won't have time for it. That LE will be $20 in no time anyway, so I can wait. Same for New Dawn lol. Really feel like Feb/Mar is the new November launch window, since last year was paltry for good releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the ad early especially since it’s digital only now. Digital has how the retailer I work has been for the last 2 or 3 years since we also threw a ton of ads each month away. At another retailer I work the paper ads come in handy so we don’t have waste money ordering plain brown paper and waiting a month for our warehouse to deliver it.

Will FIFA 19 be on sale for the Switch or only Xbox and PS4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the ad early especially since it’s digital only now. Digital has how the retailer I work has been for the last 2 or 3 years since we also threw a ton of ads each month away. At another retailer I work the paper ads come in handy so we don’t have waste money ordering plain brown paper and waiting a month for our warehouse to deliver it.

Will FIFA 19 be on sale for the Switch or only Xbox and PS4?

It only says PS/XB but Switch might end up on sale too.

Hey I wanted to look at some prebuilt PC deals, do you have a link to the ad?
The ad is digital only now so no way to access it early.

Welp next week is my last week of having GCU. I'm hoping more preorders get posted up soon to lock in the discounts :/
A Nintendo Direct is rumored for next week (13th maybe) so you might get some new Switch preorders, if you have a Switch.

It only says PS/XB but Switch might end up on sale too.

The ad is digital only now so no way to access it early.
Thanks for quick reply. I just turned on my Switch and noticed FIFA 19 is $29.99 on eShop so hopefully it means it’s on sale at Best Buy. I prefer having a physical copy to trade in or loan to a friend with a Switch.

More than likely will blow. It's been in development too long and the current footage looks like crap.
Why even worry....a true Xbox gamer has GamePass that allows you play it from beginning to end, regardless of price or score they only cost a tiny fraction under such great service unique to Microsoft.

Why buy a few when you can play them all!

Same for me :(

Hoping the direct is real and Nintendo gives us some dates so I can decide on pre-orders.

Anyone know if they are still doing the 25% off expiring coupons?

wow, didnt realize Crackdown 3 was upon us this soon. No fanfair or advertising. This going to blow?
I think the only reason this never got canned is it was the prototype for the cloud based processing that MS has been working on. Just like the first was used to print the Halo 3 beta's on :p (loved the first one, second one was trash, only interested in this one because of Terry Crews)

Get you GamePass ready people.....that $59.99 for Crackdown 3 (or any game in general) is laughable.
See you in multiplayer!

Crackdown 3 looks like a fucking hot turd lol
I bet this type of thing confuses the bejesus out of those not hip on American slang.

turd = sh!t

"It looks like a hot turd." = "It looks awful." = bad

"That's some hot sh!t!" = "That's awesome!" = good
Turd is not American slang. It's hundreds of years old and has cognates in various languages.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's been known to be in use since before or around the 12th century. Nearly one thousand years ago, quite a bit before American slang came about. People have always loved their fart and poop jokes.

Turd is not American slang. It's hundreds of years old and has cognates in various languages.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's been known to be in use since before or around the 12th century. Nearly one thousand years ago, quite a bit before American slang came about. People have always loved their fart and poop jokes.
When I said "American slang" I just meant the phrase "hot turd" in relation to "hot sh!t" and their different meanings, I wasn't planting a flag on a particular word....but thanks for the history lesson.

Like I was just imagining some Japanese fella coming over or something who's learning the English language and gets tripped up on crap like that.

EDIT: And now I'm imagining John Connor explaining the difference to the T-800 and Borat just walked in.

Nope

Edit: preorder online with a credit card or gift card and you effectively lock in your price today.
This. If you pre-order in store, then you have to have GCU as it is only a deposit to hold a copy and you pay at pickup.

But, if you pre-order online, it finalizes the sale price locked in but doesn't finalize the CC charge until launch.

I’ve bought two games since my gamers club unlocked that I had preordered online and received the game for the gamers club unlocked price well after gamers club expired. I have anthem preordered and expect the deal to work like it has for the past two games.

Great. Best buy says I picked up my super meat boy for switch preorder but I didn't. Now to spend time on customer service

Edit: got in touch with store and they said it's still put aside for me. So odd

Same for me :(

Hoping the direct is real and Nintendo gives us some dates so I can decide on pre-orders.

Anyone know if they are still doing the 25% off expiring coupons?
Same here, on all fronts. I have yet to get any 25% code... and want to use it along with the GCU 20% since they do stack.

The Switch Starter Pack of Starlink is down to $19.99 ($15.99 with GCU).  Now the only question is how much lower may it go?

Wow Mario+Rabids for $20 pre GCU is the cheapest I've seen by about $5. Will have to pick that up this week especially since I still have GCU.

This. If you pre-order in store, then you have to have GCU as it is only a deposit to hold a copy and you pay at pickup.

But, if you pre-order online, it finalizes the sale price locked in but doesn't finalize the CC charge until launch.
Yeah, you get the discount. Only issue is if your credit card expires. Had that happen to me. Thankfully, Best Buy’s customer service has allowed me to switch credit cards and still applied the 20% discount. Still have a few more preorders in the pipeline with the GCU discount locked in.

It was definitely $19.99 when I checked last night. It must have been a price mistake and switched it to the correct sale price.
Lol, that Nintendo tax. Though we now own a Switch, we only buy exclusives for it because of that garbage greediness.

Was "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" ever eligible for the pre-order certificate? According to BB website, the only games I can see that have the offer currently are The Division 2 and Anthem.

I don't see it lingering. Don't have the full shipment yet but those other 2 were for holiday releases and some stores got between 50-100 of each.

Ordered Warriors All-Stars online for in-store pickup. $1 of for in-store pickup and had few pennies left on a gift card so it came to $14 and change.

Pre-order question: When pre-ordering games via BB.com, do they place a temporary authorization charge for the full amount?

bread's done
Back