SD2SNES 15% Off at Krikzz.com ($167)

Jurai

Banned
These don't go on sale that often from authorized retailers besides StoneAgeGamers yearly sale. Krikzz   announced an SD2SNES Pro board with a stronger FPGA so this is probably a sale a sale to clear out old stock in anticipation of the new cart (price not announced). This cart can play nearly every retail SNES game on hardware except for a couple obscure japanese titles at this point, as recent updates added SA-1, and the SDD1 is also available in a beta. Goes great paired with a SuperNT

https://krikzz.com/store/home/27-sd2snes.html to purchase

For people that don't know what it is it's a SNES flash cart that can load roms into it's internal memory essentially instantly and implements most of the extra add-in chips along with the MSU-1 core so that you can run nearly the full library off of it.

Feature list from product page:

MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC support (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32)
High quality push-push memory card slot
Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s)
Fast menu navigation
Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools
High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names
Real Time Clock
Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented)
Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status)
SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions
supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by sd2snes firmware, not yet implemented there)
Auto region patching

SUPPORTED ENHANCEMENT CHIPS:

BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
DSP-1/1B
DSP-2
DSP-3
DSP-4
ST-010
Cx4
MSU-1
S-RTC
OBC-1
GSU (Super FX)
SA-1 (experimental)

What won’t it play? Mario RPG? I’m intrigued...
Sufami Turbo titles technically aren't supported, but there are patched roms that have the necessary bios combined into the rom that work fine

These ones definitely aren't supported / won't likely be supported on the regular version carts:

ST-011 games:
Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi

ST-018 games:
Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi 2

These ones will probably be supported at some point:

SPC7110 games:
Far East of Eden Zero
Momotaro Dentetsu Happy
Super Power League 4

Yup, should play just about everything you want correctly. There are cheaper carts out there but they typically don't play Mario Kart, SMRPG, Megaman X2-3, Yoshi's Island, Starfox, and quite a few other games. This cart will play them all. Not 100% sure about Homebrew games out there though.

This is a great cart. I have it and use it often and have not had any issues. The only other time he has a sale on this is around black friday. Shipping takes awhile but that understandable as it comes from the Ukraine

Thanks I watched the promo video on the product page And they mention it will not play star fox. Was that just an older version? Sounds interesting but I definitely want to be able to play Yoshi’s Island another Super FX games

Thanks I watched the promo video on the product page And they mention it will not play star fox. Was that just an older version? Sounds interesting but I definitely want to be able to play Yoshi’s Island another Super FX games
The version on sale can play superfx titles, a core was added a bit back, the one I posted can play all ntsc-u titles

This is a great cart. I have it and use it often and have not had any issues. The only other time he has a sale on this is around black friday. Shipping takes awhile but that understandable as it comes from the Ukraine
I was just going to mention Black Friday

I would hold up on buying it. They're releasing a new version SD2SNES PRO for same price as a regular SD2SNES
It's literally in the OP that the original cart was discounted because the Pro is coming, the entire point of this post is that the original cart is on discount.

bread's done
Back