- - - - -

Target Ad (Week 2/10 – 2/16) Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Games, Movies, Books & Select Video Games

#31 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Doing this with preorders is the only thing that seems worth it. Can't preorder switch games though :(

Newer releases like RE2 will be $40 on their own soon enough. Everything else just had their priced raised to MSRP. You have to try very hard for this to actually be considered a deal.

Next time include Nintendo ya cheapasses.

Exactly. Only way it’d be worth it is if I could get NSMBU

#32 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3484 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

It’s cool this works on preorders.
I got DMC5, Days Gone and Sekiro.

#33 srac84  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

mortal kombat 11 works

#34 ritchardf  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

thought about far cry new dawn and nier automata game of the year but couldnt find another game at $40 i wanted.

also was hoping division 2 would be available to pair with RE 2 and KH 3, no dice.

#35 jd7dawgzz  

jd7dawgzz

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

Fyi, Detroit on ps4 is 39.99 while the quantic dreams collection with detroit, beyond, and heavy rain is also 39.99. Might as well get the extra 2 free games in the collection if someone wanted it.

#36 DrBayrd  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

thought about far cry new dawn and nier automata game of the year but couldnt find another game at $40 i wanted.

also was hoping division 2 would be available to pair with RE 2 and KH 3, no dice.

$40 dark souls remastered Switch?

#37 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Doing this with preorders is the only thing that seems worth it. Can't preorder switch games though :(
Newer releases like RE2 will be $40 on their own soon enough. Everything else just had their priced raised to MSRP. You have to try very hard for this to actually be considered a deal.
Next time include Nintendo ya cheapasses.

Takes one to know one :beer:

:beer:

#38 MonkeyBrainSync  

MonkeyBrainSync

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

How does target prorate when you pay with card and gift card

I know from past experience, it split the costs into 3 (like I had $45 in total amount of purchase and $10 in gift cards and when I returned 1 item, I got $3.35 in gift card and $11.65 back on my Red Card account) but maybe it varies depending on item cost and gift card amount used. 

#39 jayce75   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:39 PM

How does this work with preorders? If I do this I'd want Ace Combat 7 (available now), Anthem (comes out 2/22), and Days Gone (4/26) - so do I pay for Ace Combat 7 and Anthem up to get Days Gone? I'd rather do this at the store and not have to wait on them all to ship

#40 the45thlyric   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

the45thlyric

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Debating doing this with Tales of Vesperia, Dragon Ball Fighterz, and pre-order of FFXII Zodiac Age for Switch. 

#41 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Bottom line:
Most Xbox One games on Target can be played on GamePass for a lot cheaper.
Most PS4 games there have been cheaper before.
No worthy Switch game part of the deal.

In other words.....nothing to buy.

#42 bozemanriverrat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bozemanriverrat

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

Debating Ace Combat 7, Donkey Kong, and MLB The Show 19, however I worry Ace Combat will be down to $30 before I have a chance to really dive in and Donkey Kong has already been $35 so it might go down again.

#43 Jonkai  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Damn sucks that the Division 2 isn't included. I want to get Jump Force, although I already have Anthem preordered from Best Buy. Leaves me with nothing else that I need to buy like right now.

#44 monkeymen59  

monkeymen59

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Still a bit new on this, would it be possible to order 2 preorders and one game thats out for store pickup. Then pick up the game and cancel preorders? In a way getting the pickup game for free?

#45 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

I picked up Steins Gate Elite, Metro Exodus & Days Gone. Happy that I was able to get a deal tied to a niche game. There were a few pre-orders for more obscure games for PS4 if anyone was interested...

#46 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

Still a bit new on this, would it be possible to order 2 preorders and one game thats out for store pickup. Then pick up the game and cancel preorders? In a way getting the pickup game for free?

Yeah, they'll definitely give you a game for free.

#47 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:08 PM

Just order two sets of 3, with a random third filler game at the same prices in both the $40 set and the $60 set.  Then immediately cancel or refund the filler game to get the prorated amount back (that's how Target handles refunds on bundle deals like B2G1). 

You'll end up with two $40 games at 67%, and two $60 games at 67%, which is the same price per game as if you actually did a full B2G1 transaction.

For Division 2, you should probably try to find someone you know that still has Best Buy GCU 20% discount and get them to pre-order for the $10 reward certificate.  $48 minus $10 plus whatever nominal fee for their trouble.

#48 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14674 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Anyone know if they ever update tax information after you cancel two games? Works if you order 3x Days Gone CE and cancel 2 (makes the third one $93.34), but the tax is still charging double as though you still had the other non-free game ordered. That in mind, it's the exact same as ordering it through BB with GCU as they only charge tax on the adjusted price vs Target charging tax on the full price of the game, then applying the discount. Same damn thing happens if you try to order a regular game, completely defeating the purpose of the cancel two trick. Just figured I'd point that out in case others that still have GCU were attempting to make their own deal here.

#49 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Bottom line:
Most Xbox One games on Target can be played on GamePass for a lot cheaper.
Most PS4 games there have been cheaper before.
No worthy Switch game part of the deal.

In other words.....nothing to buy.

Dude. I'm very glad you love Gamepass. But, please, for the love of God, stop shitting on every thread in your ceaseless quest to sing its praise.

#50 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14674 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

Reminds me I still have six months of Gamepass sitting next to me waiting. One of these days I need to just redeem it and play all the exclusives when there's a lull in game releases. That's one thing X1 has going for it: they're making it like a cable movie channel's free weekend to catch up on all the films you've been waiting to see lol.

#51 onipaladin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

onipaladin

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:22 PM

So I read that Target doesn't charge until after the item ships. My question is I want to pre-order 3 games do they charge for the full price when the first game ships or do they charge for each game separately when they ship and the 3rd game they do not charge anything?

#52 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

What are you still a bit new to? Common sense? Logic?

#53 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

What an astute observation. I'm sure a lot of the games will be part of PS Plus and GWG as well. Except, you know, some people might actually want to play some of these games NOW. Crazy, I know.

You mean they want it to sit on their shelves NOW.

#54 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

Anyone know if they ever update tax information after you cancel two games? Works if you order 3x Days Gone CE and cancel 2 (makes the third one $93.34), but the tax is still charging double as though you still had the other non-free game ordered. That in mind, it's the exact same as ordering it through BB with GCU as they only charge tax on the adjusted price vs Target charging tax on the full price of the game, then applying the discount. Same damn thing happens if you try to order a regular game, completely defeating the purpose of the cancel two trick. Just figured I'd point that out in case others that still have GCU were attempting to make their own deal here.

Do you have to cancel the two games right away after you place the order to get the discount on one game or it doesn’t matter when you cancel it if all 3 games are pre orders?

#55 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

Dude. I'm very glad you love Gamepass. But, please, for the love of God, stop shitting on every thread in your ceaseless quest to sing its praise.

I don't really understand why Gamepass is so beloved by gamers these days.  It's not like any of us really needs it anymore than any of the games from this buy 2, get 1 free sale.  Most CAGs already own enough games in their backlogs that they would never need to buy another game in their lifetimes.  But it makes no sense to continually compare what is basically an extended rental to actually owning a game.

#56 TooManyGamez  

TooManyGamez

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

I don't really understand why Gamepass is so beloved by gamers these days.  It's not like any of us really needs it anymore than any of the games from this buy 2, get 1 free sale.  Most CAGs already own enough games in their backlogs that they would never need to buy another game in their lifetimes.  But it makes no sense to continually compare what is basically an extended rental to actually owning a game.

You had me until the last sentence. Are you one of those people who gets off to saying you "own" the game? Doesn't matter if you "own" the game once you play it.

#57 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8684 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

You had me until the last sentence. Are you one of those people who gets off to saying you "own" the game? Doesn't matter if you "own" the game once you play it.

do you say the same thing about leasing and owning a car or house?

#58 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

I get off to a lot of things, but saying that I own a game isn't one of them.  Just stating the fact that Gamepass is an extended rental service.  

#59 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9552 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

I don't really understand why Gamepass is so beloved by gamers these days. It's not like any of us really needs it anymore than any of the games from this buy 2, get 1 free sale. Most CAGs already own enough games in their backlogs that they would never need to buy another game in their lifetimes. But it makes no sense to continually compare what is basically an extended rental to actually owning a game.

I love GamePass and having paid $60 a year (no one should pay more than this) for way more games that I could afford for that price is well worth “not owning”. MS exclusives should never leave the service and most games I could care less about owning them when I am done playing through them. But to each their own. I will opt to save money like a good CAG.

I actually have bought far fewer games since GP has taken off.

#60 Enixbelmont   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Enixbelmont

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

Is it possible to preorder games in store for this order? I wanted to get Jump Force Friday, then Anthem and Sekiro, but shipping sucks and I'm like 2 blocks away from Target