Target Ad (Week 2/10 – 2/16) Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Games, Movies, Books & Select Video Games

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
123 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Games, Movies, Books & Select Video Games *

*Excludes New This Week, Pre-order Movies, 3DS and select Nintendo Switch titles.

:switch: Nintendo Switch with free $35 credit towards any purchase on Nintendo eShop - Available Friday -

I like how the list of exclusions with these deals only work so far as you don't try to buy them anyway. Usually half the things excluded still work regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I will do some board games this go around. I have some Target credit to spend anyway. 

What's the likely that Target will cancel pre-oders for this deal? Heard many people had their pre-orders cancelled in the past with Target. I'm in for KH 3, RE 2 and DmC5

Sadly jump force collectors/ultimate editions aren’t working OR it sold out in a few sec. Went ahead and got days gone though

What's the likely that Target will cancel pre-oders for this deal? Heard many people had their pre-orders cancelled in the past with Target. I'm in for KH 3, RE 2 and DmC5
They didn't cancel my preorders from the last time. Also, this time it specifically says it includes preorders.

Mine only shows a bunch of sims crap and sports games to buy. Anyone know why?
Just go to the video game section for whatever platform you’re looking for, then narrow your search with the drop down menus.

FF XIi switch is part of the b2g1

jump force is too, but PS4 ultimate edition sold out (Xbox one is still available)
I don't think jump force is supposed to be part of the deal if it's not supposed to include this weeks releases

This isn't the time of year to try and find games at (close to) full price.  I'm not really seeing anything jump out at me as a good deal, unless you were looking to buy Kingdom Hearts 3. 

This isn't the time of year to try and find games at (close to) full price. I'm not really seeing anything jump out at me as a good deal, unless you were looking to buy Kingdom Hearts 3.
It's a good deal actually with GCU being gone and all. Just return the other 1 or 2 games if you really don't want all 3 games.

Doing this with preorders is the only thing that seems worth it. Can't preorder switch games though :(

Newer releases like RE2 will be $40 on their own soon enough. Everything else just had their priced raised to MSRP. You have to try very hard for this to actually be considered a deal.

Next time include Nintendo ya cheapasses.

Doing this with preorders is the only thing that seems worth it. Can't preorder switch games though :(

Newer releases like RE2 will be $40 on their own soon enough. Everything else just had their priced raised to MSRP. You have to try very hard for this to actually be considered a deal.

Exactly. Only way it’d be worth it is if I could get NSMBU

thought about far cry new dawn and nier automata game of the year but couldnt find another game at $40 i wanted.

also was hoping division 2 would be available to pair with RE 2 and KH 3, no dice.

Fyi, Detroit on ps4 is 39.99 while the quantic dreams collection with detroit, beyond, and heavy rain is also 39.99. Might as well get the extra 2 free games in the collection if someone wanted it.

Takes one to know one :beer:

:beer:

How does target prorate when you pay with card and gift card
I know from past experience, it split the costs into 3 (like I had $45 in total amount of purchase and $10 in gift cards and when I returned 1 item, I got $3.35 in gift card and $11.65 back on my Red Card account) but maybe it varies depending on item cost and gift card amount used.

How does this work with preorders? If I do this I'd want Ace Combat 7 (available now), Anthem (comes out 2/22), and Days Gone (4/26) - so do I pay for Ace Combat 7 and Anthem up to get Days Gone? I'd rather do this at the store and not have to wait on them all to ship

Bottom line:
Most Xbox One games on Target can be played on GamePass for a lot cheaper.
Most PS4 games there have been cheaper before.
No worthy Switch game part of the deal.

In other words.....nothing to buy.

Debating Ace Combat 7, Donkey Kong, and MLB The Show 19, however I worry Ace Combat will be down to $30 before I have a chance to really dive in and Donkey Kong has already been $35 so it might go down again.

Damn sucks that the Division 2 isn't included. I want to get Jump Force, although I already have Anthem preordered from Best Buy. Leaves me with nothing else that I need to buy like right now.

Still a bit new on this, would it be possible to order 2 preorders and one game thats out for store pickup. Then pick up the game and cancel preorders? In a way getting the pickup game for free?

I picked up Steins Gate Elite, Metro Exodus & Days Gone. Happy that I was able to get a deal tied to a niche game. There were a few pre-orders for more obscure games for PS4 if anyone was interested...

Still a bit new on this, would it be possible to order 2 preorders and one game thats out for store pickup. Then pick up the game and cancel preorders? In a way getting the pickup game for free?
Yeah, they'll definitely give you a game for free.

thought about far cry new dawn and nier automata game of the year but couldnt find another game at $40 i wanted.

also was hoping division 2 would be available to pair with RE 2 and KH 3, no dice.
Just order two sets of 3, with a random third filler game at the same prices in both the $40 set and the $60 set. Then immediately cancel or refund the filler game to get the prorated amount back (that's how Target handles refunds on bundle deals like B2G1).

You'll end up with two $40 games at 67%, and two $60 games at 67%, which is the same price per game as if you actually did a full B2G1 transaction.

For Division 2, you should probably try to find someone you know that still has Best Buy GCU 20% discount and get them to pre-order for the $10 reward certificate. $48 minus $10 plus whatever nominal fee for their trouble.

Anyone know if they ever update tax information after you cancel two games? Works if you order 3x Days Gone CE and cancel 2 (makes the third one $93.34), but the tax is still charging double as though you still had the other non-free game ordered. That in mind, it's the exact same as ordering it through BB with GCU as they only charge tax on the adjusted price vs Target charging tax on the full price of the game, then applying the discount. Same damn thing happens if you try to order a regular game, completely defeating the purpose of the cancel two trick. Just figured I'd point that out in case others that still have GCU were attempting to make their own deal here.

Bottom line:
Most Xbox One games on Target can be played on GamePass for a lot cheaper.
Most PS4 games there have been cheaper before.
No worthy Switch game part of the deal.

In other words.....nothing to buy.
Dude. I'm very glad you love Gamepass. But, please, for the love of God, stop shitting on every thread in your ceaseless quest to sing its praise.

bread's done
Back