- - - - -

Red Dead Redemption 2 $39.99 Gamestop.com

#1 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

You can totally PM this with the Target B2G1 going on. YMMV on this!

Xbone

https://m.gamestop.c...mption-2/138093

PS4

https://m.gamestop.c...mption-2/138091

#2 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

Spider-Man PS4 is also $39.99 at Gamestop and Amazon, so two very good games to get at Target via PM.

#3 wwe101   waiting for hitman 5 CAGiversary!   2277 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:09 AM

Hoping bestbuy has this price soon to use GCU

#4 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:28 AM

🔥🔥

#5 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:16 AM

This is very impressive. I think we waited five years for a sale on GTA V.

#6 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:24 AM

Would prefer to get it digital...  But maybe i should go ahead and use my GS credit before they go out of business...

#7 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:21 AM

This is very impressive. I think we waited five years for a sale on GTA V.

What? No, definitely not. The five year anniversary of GTA V's original (360/PS3) release was September 2018, and it was on sale many times before that. The other versions haven't even been out five years yet.

#8 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:35 AM

Am I the only one that stopped playing this cold turkey because the game just wasn't that good? Too many tedious systems to wade through. If I wanted a wilderness sim, I'd go backpacking in the mountains.

#9 Adam Quest  

Adam Quest

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

Am I the only one that stopped playing this cold turkey because the game just wasn't that good? Too many tedious systems to wade through. If I wanted a wilderness sim, I'd go backpacking in the mountains.

I am almost at that point (been borrowing the game from my local library which has a ton of games). I am on Chapter 2 and starting to get a bit bored. I keep holding out that it will get better and I've put a decent amount of time into RDR2 so I don't want to stop. Decisions, decisions.

#10 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

The story only gets better and better as you go on, so I would at least try to play through that and potentially ignore everything else if you have the time!

#11 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

The story only gets better and better as you go on, so I would at least try to play through that and potentially ignore everything else if you have the time!

My OCD for map markers doesn't allow this.

#12 rhaas  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

What’s the success with price matching with these sales? Don’t really want to waste my time but if I can snag RDR2 and Spider-Man with a filler to return for an end total of $53 it’s a no brainer

#13 TerribleGamer   Just.... terrible. CAG in Training   32 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

TerribleGamer

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Same price on Amazon now. I cant wait to shoot some... darn toots. Im a cowboy!!!!

#14 cybersp78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:02 AM

I just pricematched at Target. Just depends on who you get.

#15 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:40 AM

What’s the success with price matching with these sales? Don’t really want to waste my time but if I can snag RDR2 and Spider-Man with a filler to return for an end total of $53 it’s a no brainer

Not sure how you would return a game. Don't these sales price out each one so it's worth less if you return?

#16 rhaas  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Not sure how you would return a game. Don't these sales price out each one so it's worth less if you return?

Typically on these BOGO type sales they do a percentage off each game and not pay for 2 and the 3rd free. I’ve done it recently with their buy one get one. Got RE7 and Watchdogs 2, returned Watchdogs 2 and still got RE7 for 50% off.

In this case each game would be 33% off. Three $40 game would show as $26.40 each on the receipt. Take one back and the other two still remain at $26.40 each, so the two would be $52.80 total plus tax.

#17 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Typically on these BOGO type sales they do a percentage off each game and not pay for 2 and the 3rd free. I’ve done it recently with their buy one get one. Got RE7 and Watchdogs 2, returned Watchdogs 2 and still got RE7 for 50% off.

In this case each game would be 33% off. Three $40 game would show as $26.40 each on the receipt. Take one back and the other two still remain at $26.40 each, so the two would be $52.80 total plus tax.

Gotcha.

#18 SirRnB  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

Part of the reason I put it down was that it’s gorgeous, and I love to play it on the big ol’ OLED. Then I started playing INSIDE (finally!) in my bedroom at night, and then I got The Old Hunters DLC on sale... RDR2 is great, and like any Rockstar game, the production and narrative is so fucking good.

Perhaps, however, the gameplay is not as arresting as it used to be—we’ve been playing this game for 18 years. Could just be the bourbon talking. I’ll let you know when I pick it up again.

#19 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Part of the reason I put it down was that it’s gorgeous, and I love to play it on the big ol’ OLED. Then I started playing INSIDE (finally!) in my bedroom at night, and then I got The Old Hunters DLC on sale... RDR2 is great, and like any Rockstar game, the production and narrative is so fucking good.

Perhaps, however, the gameplay is not as arresting as it used to be—we’ve been playing this game for 18 years. Could just be the bourbon talking. I’ll let you know when I pick it up again.

Actually, they made the classic mistake of making the main character too bland in lieu of a morality system. Arthur is boring. All his narrative that I could stomach through was shades of gray to the point that he had no personality, just goes with the flow and never says no. Not only that, but the gang is boring. The menial tasks they have you do are never that exciting or flow like a grand adventure, it's just task after task after task. I don't remember John Marston having to take some whiny little bitch kid fishing because he has the sads. Or running errands into town because the gang is too chicken shit to risk running into THE LAW.

Morality systems ruin everything in games because something narrative driven shouldn't be up to the player to decide, IT SHOULD JUST BE. Imagine stopping a movie and having the audience decide whether the villain should shoot innocent people or let them go out of kindness.

Wild West? More like Mild West.

#20 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Actually, they made the classic mistake of making the main character too bland in lieu of a morality system. Arthur is boring. All his narrative that I could stomach through was shades of gray to the point that he had no personality, just goes with the flow and never says no. Not only that, but the gang is boring. The menial tasks they have you do are never that exciting or flow like a grand adventure, it's just task after task after task. I don't remember John Marston having to take some whiny little bitch kid fishing because he has the sads. Or running errands into town because the gang is too chicken shit to risk running into THE LAW.

Morality systems ruin everything in games because something narrative driven shouldn't be up to the player to decide, IT SHOULD JUST BE. Imagine stopping a movie and having the audience decide whether the villain should shoot innocent people or let them go out of kindness.

Wild West? More like Mild West.

the game does start slow but if you stick with it you're in for one hell of a ride. Arthur only appears bland at the start. he and the rest of the gang all have unique and realistic personalities that change throughout the story. the members of the group change as well. some leave (in one way or another) and new ones join. i'm not going to spoil anything but there's so much that happens over the course of the game it's crazy.

#21 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

the game does start slow but if you stick with it you're in for one hell of a ride. Arthur only appears bland at the start. he and the rest of the gang all have unique and realistic personalities that change throughout the story. the members of the group change as well. some leave (in one way or another) and new ones join. i'm not going to spoil anything but there's so much that happens over the course of the game it's crazy.

I'm sure I'll eventually get back to it, but Fallout 76 just kinda dropped in and was way more fun at the time. Now Anthem is coming so it's on the back burner again. I doubt it will spark the same enthrallment I had with the first game, but I'm hoping it will at least go somewhere interesting. I just can't wrap my head around having to go through all the sidequests or camp upgrades anymore. My OCD won't let it go lol, but they're such a chore it's a turn-off. :wall:

#22 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

I'm sure I'll eventually get back to it, but Fallout 76 just kinda dropped in and was way more fun at the time. Now Anthem is coming so it's on the back burner again. I doubt it will spark the same enthrallment I had with the first game, but I'm hoping it will at least go somewhere interesting. I just can't wrap my head around having to go through all the sidequests or camp upgrades anymore. My OCD won't let it go lol, but they're such a chore it's a turn-off. :wall:

This was me. I picked up the guide for cheap so I could see what side stuff unlocks in each chapter and thought I’ll just dive into the game full swing, halfway into chapter two and I’m just bored. I put it back on the shelf because I just couldn’t bear to keep playing it. I felt like everything was such a chore and with anthem coming a week and division to follow next month I won’t be touching it again anytime soon

#23 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

This was me. I picked up the guide for cheap so I could see what side stuff unlocks in each chapter and thought I’ll just dive into the game full swing, halfway into chapter two and I’m just bored. I put it back on the shelf because I just couldn’t bear to keep playing it. I felt like everything was such a chore and with anthem coming a week and division to follow next month I won’t be touching it again anytime soon

The pristine pelts for upgrades is what killed it for me. I understand it's meant to add value to hunting, but YOU TRY HEADSHOTTING A FUCKING RABBIT FROM 20M IN TALL GRASS. I got so tired of finally finding a 3-star pelt only to have it be ruined because I was off by a pixel. And can I just say how they quite literally ripped off Assassin's Creed 3's hunting system? I hated it then, hate it now. Just let me build traps with fucking flamethrowers and spikes to make it actually fun already. -_-

#24 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

I just pricematched at Target. Just depends on who you get.

Target officially price matches GameStop.com, so there's no reason the clerk should matter. https://corporate.ta...etitor-List.pdf

#25 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

Target officially price matches GameStop.com, so there's no reason the clerk should matter. https://corporate.ta...etitor-List.pdf

Pretty sure he meant stacking a PM on this promotion. I've had luck doing it myself. Anyway the deal is over now

#26 Matt2005USAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Matt2005USAF

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

Would prefer to get it digital... But maybe i should go ahead and use my GS credit before they go out of business...

It’s on sale on PSN currently for $40.19...

#27 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14257 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

I'm surprised TBH. Rockstar games don't usually go on sale this fast so it must have fallen off a cliff after release.

#28 DoWhatYouWant  

DoWhatYouWant

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

Beware of Target. I tried to PM Far Cry 5 for $20 several weeks ago at Target and the customer service reps said they don't PM Gamestop after they failed to find Gamestop on their pricematching scanner tool. I told them Gamestop is listed on their corporate website as one of their competitors that they PM and even insisted on showing them the page, but they didn't give two fucks.

I later complained to customer support through their website. The rep told me that they do PM Gamestop and said the people should have found Gamestop in the top middle portion of the PM tool.

Long story short, Target store customer service reps are idiots.

#29 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14421 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

FYI this price is likely to change after close of business tonight as many GS sales are Wed-Tues. so I would buy now if you’re on the fence.

#30 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:53 PM

I'm surprised TBH. Rockstar games don't usually go on sale this fast so it must have fallen off a cliff after release.

it was the best selling game last year

Red Dead isn't Grand Theft Auto, non gamers have no idea what Red Dead is so i don't know why anybody expected it to have the same impact