CAGcast #579: Build the Fence!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Activision layoffs, Far Cry New Dawn, Apex Legends, Deadmau5 leaving Twitch, Nintendo Direct, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 24 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys! Claim your trial offer at harrys.com/cag!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Bingo Players - Cry (Just A Little) (A-Trak and Phantoms Remix)
Outro - Unprofessional Leader - CheapyD - Parody of deadmau5 - Professional Griefers (featuring Gerard Way)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat it’s time to turn the tables and go to the greyhound lady’s house and nitpick it apart

Where do you guys get the lists of video game releases each week for the various consoles (like for Switch game or not)? When I search the internet I end up with inaccurate lists.

You guys seem to be ignoring the context in that deadmau5 story. Fag has at least 5 definitions that I can think of, not sure why people always assume the worst.

You guys seem to be ignoring the context in that deadmau5 story. Fag has at least 5 definitions that I can think of, not sure why people always assume the worst.
Ewwwwww, go away with your shit takes. And it only has two, one is slur, the other is British cigarette. I don't think he was calling anyone a cigarette.

Cheapy, don't listen to Wombat we all know he is an emotionless monster. 'Won't you be my neighbor' is excellent. We need you to make up for Wombat's lost tears.

Business insider said

“During his evening stream of "Playerunknown's Battlegrounds" on February 10th, deadmau5 launched into a diatribe against a player who had killed him, calling him a "f****** c***-s**** stream sniper f**." As clips of the outburst began to circulate, Twitch responded by suspending deadmau5's account for hate speech.”

“"It wasn't 'directed at an entire group of people who have a sexual orientation that differs from my own,' f*** off with that s***," he allegedly wrote on the r/LivestreamFail subreddit.”

Obviously in America he has the right to say that and since he was streaming in Twitch, they have the right to have Terms of Service. I don’t know what there Terms say but if he broke the terms by saying that then they can obviously ban him. He has the right as a performer to choose to never do business with them again.

As someone who was in middle and high school in the 90’s and early 2000’s I can’t say I find his original expletive shocking, it was a pretty common term during that time to hear at school. I also understand and I’m sure I’ve taken part of the internet pile on mentality when someone puts a foot out of line with what an online group thinks is appropriate. If this happened and social media didn’t exist to spread it around would anyone have cared? Probably not, but here we are in 2019 where we need something to be upset about. If he stops commenting about it I’m sure most people will have forgotten about it by next week when they are piling on some other celeb or streamer for stepping out of line.

It’s hate speech. It’s not “stepping out of line”. The point is that people SHOULD be upset about it, and they justifiably are.

Regarding Activision, is also how they are fired, which is unceremoniously at the drop of a hat. Everyone knew something was coming since December, but no details were available until the call. There are better ways to fire people that Activision didn't do. Which is why we need a union.

It’s hate speech. It’s not “stepping out of line”. The point is that people SHOULD be upset about it, and they justifiably are.
If he knew the guy was homosexual and called him that to attack him based on sexual preference then I would agree with you. I think his intent was to attack him based on him stream sniping and he made a poor choice of words. The Twitch ban seems like a severe enough slap on the wrist given the offense. I don’t think he was seeking out to offend a group of people or individual based on sexual preference but I wasn’t there, maybe I’m wrong. I just read articles after Wombat talked about it on the CAGcast.

If he went on a rant about hating a certain group of people then the twitter/social media mob is justified.

It looks like he did have an incident in the past where he made fun of a rival DJ based on a disability but he didn’t know the DJ actually had the disability and once he found out he made an apology. I can find the article if anyone cares.

*Oops originally posted this to the wrong CAGCast episode*

So as I'm listening to the podcast and Shipwreck is talking about his Great Wolf Lodge visit, I myself just happen to be listening while at Great Wolf Lodge (Niagara Falls). Then he starts describing the long walk down to his room and I'm like Hey, I'm doing that exact same walk right now, weird. Then he mentions the room he stayed in: Room 2002. I'm like WTF, that's my room number too!?! Must be some sort of CAG kismet.

So Shipwreck, did you have to bail early on the last day like we did because your kids were throwing up all night? I'm blaming poop water, since earlier that day they suddenly closed the hot tub we were all floating in without telling us why. I'm positive it was an errant turd, and of course my kids were diving underwater before we were told to leave. fuck Great Wolf Lodge.

Based  on Cheapys recommendation i got a Cameo for my girlfriend for her birthday. I got it from Corey Feldman. It took about 4 days and was better than i could have imagined. It was very personalized and was about 2 minutes of high quality video. Awesome stuff. Apex is the truth. 

it's always funny hearing wombat bash on electronic dance music while cheapy defends it to his death. "he's just up there playing a cd." "he's a real musician, wombat!"

Ewwwwww, go away with your shit takes. And it only has two, one is slur, the other is British cigarette. I don't think he was calling anyone a cigarette.
Well it was neither of those, it was the "very annoying/asshole" definition.
After reading what he said, it's clear he wasn't being hateful towards homosexuals.

Maybe you guys should stick to reporting deadmau5's other headlines in relation to twitch/live streaming, such as donating over $50, 000 to various children's charities or getting fan contributions to songs as he creates them live.

Well it was neither of those, it was the "very annoying/asshole" definition.
After reading what he said, it's clear he wasn't being hateful towards homosexuals.

Maybe you guys should stick to reporting deadmau5's other headlines in relation to twitch/live streaming, such as donating over $50, 000 to various children's charities or getting fan contributions to songs as he creates them live.
"very annoying/asshole" is not a meaning of the word he used. Again the word has two meanings, as he knows that, your take is bad.

"very annoying/asshole" is not a meaning of the word he used. Again the word has two meanings, as he knows that, your take is bad.
My take is bad just because you refuse to accept words have multiple meanings?
By your bizarre logic deadmau5 knew a random player was gay and chose to attack them.
Why the conspiracy theory? Or I guess you're just trolling now..

My take is bad just because you refuse to accept words have multiple meanings?
By your bizarre logic deadmau5 knew a random player was gay and chose to attack them.
Why the conspiracy theory? Or I guess you're just trolling now..
Words do have multiple meanings, but you are giving a meaning to word that isn't a meaning of that word. Car doesn't also mean airplane because I say so. A slur is a slur, it's not about the person it was used on, it's about the word and what it means.

Having ignored much AAA Western games since GTA IV came out, I was pleasantly surprised with Crackdown 3. It's a stupid game, with stupid things to do, and it is basically what I want for a game from Microsoft's Crossplatform Game Pass. I suck at it, and I keep coming back for more. Yes, I should be playing better things, but even half-baked Terry Crews still has enough charisma to keep me coming back. 

bread's done
Back