Amazon stopped storing/tracking trade-in price lists

Vysion

CAGiversary!
Recently Amazon changed their trade-in process. There are no more trade-in lists. I was tracking over $1500 of possible trade-ins and all that work just disappeared one day. :headache:

You used to be able to search for a trade-in and see two buttons. You could either trade-in the item or add the item to your trade list. Now there is only the button to trade it in; no more keeping a trade-in list or trading in multiple items at once. Ugh. I had to vent as Amazon has no more forums either (yes, they've been gone a long time.)

I know the prices are bad for trade-ins but some of us just don't like the hassle of becoming a seller and dealing with people.  :whistle2:(

It's getting more and more difficult to trade in games to stores especially for last gen and older games. I used to trade in games Walmart and Target in addition to Amazon and it looks like they are done since everything has a trade in value of $0.01 now.

It's getting more and more difficult to trade in games to stores especially for last gen and older games. I used to trade in games Walmart and Target in addition to Amazon and it looks like they are done since everything has a trade in value of $0.01 now.
Feel like, even in general, selling newer games is getting more difficult regardless of where. I've been trying to sell RDR2 and cannot believe what the prices on eBay are and trade in values are garbage. This might be because the really isn't as good as the reviews made it seem but this isn't the first time I had this issue. I tried selling GoW 2018 a month after release and was shocked I only made $35 from it (not including selling costs/shipping). Seemed only like a few years back, I could sell a newer release within the first month and get at least 2/3 of what I paid for it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one small silver lining. It is a button above the purchase button that says "Get it for less with trade-in." If that button is displayed, you can look through a drop-down list of games from your old trade-in list. However there is no obvious way to add or remove games from that listing. At least my work didn't go completely to waste. I can still scan through the drop-down list for games I once had on my trade-in list.

bread's done
Back