- - - - -

Best Buy Ad 2/17-2/23: Free Steelbook with Pokémon: Let's Go

#121 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

I'd settle for anything at this point. Tried calling back and going the supervisor route - was put on hold so that they could "check the validity of the email address I received the code from", and the call disconnected. Some things in life just aren't meant to be.  :-({|=

Yeah I'd second the suggestion to use the customer service forums for help. I've had several issues in the past on getting refunded points when returning some orders that were used with redeemed My Best Buy points, missing $10 preorder credits, missing preorder bonuses like the Smash Bros. Ultimate coin. But after making a topic about it I'd get a response from Best Buy support staff to prompt me to send them a private message with order number and address information to verify things, eventually ending up on getting things resolved.

#122 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

My GCU expires next month, sad to say good bye to Best buy, we've had some good times. I likely will only shop there once or twice a year now when I absolutely need something same day. Hopefully they make a new gamer program but I highly doubt it.

Yep today is my last day of GCU, unless by some miracle Best Buy has a mistake in the system and lets me continue on having it. Seeing as I've qualified for Elite Plus through this year into next, I'd appreciate that. I used my 25% off code for Pikachu Let's Go + Pokeball + Steelbook, taking the price down to $65.54 after Illinois awful 9% taxes. Also placed some GCU priced preorders for games with gift cards as the payment method so I hope those prices stick.

#123 gdaversa19  

gdaversa19

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

IMG-20190217-095215-1.jpg IMG-20190217-095259.jpg

$10 without the game.

Its about time they start sealing these in plastic!

#124 Leooo0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

Just got an email that the steelbook shipped!

#125 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

Just got an email that the steelbook shipped!

Same - was half expecting a cancellation at this point since delivery day is tomorrow, but they can through on that .99 price.

#126 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

Mine shipped too! High fives for the 2 guys above me.

#127 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:57 AM

My local BestBuy now gives free lollipops when you choose in store pickup

#128 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:07 AM

Let’s see if anthem’s gonna be a horrible grind fest or not

#129 AlexFlame116   Impulse Buyer Extreme CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

AlexFlame116

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

Yep steelbook shipped! Coming tomorrow morning and I can pick it up at the UPS Customer Center and not have to wait for the delivery truck! Paid one dollar.

#130 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:29 AM

I on the other hand just got a delayed email for the Eevee edition and steelbook. And I actually bought it to keep didn't even do anything weird like cancel the game ughhhh

#131 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14239 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

for anyone curious my order of the SB for pokemon just shipped out even after i cancelled the game and they kept it the $1.08. so that method worked for me. thanks for the heads up everyone

Yeah, mine got FedEx'd overnight for a $1 purchase. Brilliant logistics there BB. :lol:

#132 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14239 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Let’s see if anthem’s gonna be a horrible grind fest or not

From early impressions, reviews, critiques: yes, yes it will be. But not for the reasons you might think, it's because the core quests are all alike. They vary from collection, to charge a battery, to defend a location throughout the 10 hour main campaign. Sometimes multiple times in succession in their attempt to vary the mission lol. And this isn't even endgame, which I've not heard a whole lot about other than the fact there are three "raids", or realistically bosses to kill, from strongholds. The first one coming early in the game, aka the "demo" stronghold.

It's honestly not looking good, but I had fun with the tanky javelin when playing with the SO. Game might be better in six months, but for now it's just going to be pretty rough as an unfinished game.

#133 ritchardf  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

so, i guess  if my GCU expires on the 27th of February and I still havent received the extra 25% off, im probably not going to get it? seems like everyone mentioned getting theirs a couple weeks before expiration.

#134 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

so, i guess  if my GCU expires on the 27th of February and I still havent received the extra 25% off, im probably not going to get it? seems like everyone mentioned getting theirs a couple weeks before expiration.

i got mine 5 days before my gcu expired. i'd make sure you save your code as soon as you get it. a lot of people have had issues with the link in the email not working after x amount of time.

#135 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Mine was about 5 days also, it does in fact stack with GCU if you use it right away.

#136 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4069 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

From early impressions, reviews, critiques: yes, yes it will be. But not for the reasons you might think, it's because the core quests are all alike. They vary from collection, to charge a battery, to defend a location throughout the 10 hour main campaign. Sometimes multiple times in succession in their attempt to vary the mission lol. And this isn't even endgame, which I've not heard a whole lot about other than the fact there are three "raids", or realistically bosses to kill, from strongholds. The first one coming early in the game, aka the "demo" stronghold.

It's honestly not looking good, but I had fun with the tanky javelin when playing with the SO. Game might be better in six months, but for now it's just going to be pretty rough as an unfinished game.

That's basically how I felt about Anthem when I played the demo. I didn't find the shooting to be very engaging compared to something like Destiny or even The Division and the bulk of the fun for me came from flying around with the jetpack. I am holding out for a drop in price and will get Anthem when it is $30 or less. 

#137 m3ha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

This was up in the video games section at my local BB. False advertising or no?20190215_103729.jpg

#138 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

Welp I just got my Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Pokeball and Steelbook order in the mail, "safely" secured in a bubble envelope that got crushed. At least the steelbook is dent/crush free, but the Let's Go box is in terrible shape. Think I'm going to return it and opt for keeping the steelbook somehow unless they ask for the $40 for it. It's a nice kick in the teeth since today is my last day of GCU as well.

#139 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Welp I just got my Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Pokeball and Steelbook order in the mail, "safely" secured in a bubble envelope that got crushed. At least the steelbook is dent/crush free, but the Let's Go box is in terrible shape. Think I'm going to return it and opt for keeping the steelbook somehow unless they ask for the $40 for it. It's a nice kick in the teeth since today is my last day of GCU as well.

Why not just.... exchange it for another copy?

#140 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

Why not just.... exchange it for another copy?

Well tbh I had already purchased the same Let's Go Pokeball order a week earlier without the extra 25% off coupon and steelbook, so I intended to return that duplicate, but now with the newer one being crushed I'll return it as the original more expensive order. Guess a positive is I have more justification for returning than just a price difference. Still blows that return shipping costs me, and the nearest store is an hour away.

#141 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

my $1 loophole steelbook was totes scrunched. Guess i should have paid $65 like a good customer.

#142 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Got my game and steelbook today and they both came in a box with a bunch of air pockets. Of course both were in great condition.

#143 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

my $1 loophole steelbook was totes scrunched. Guess i should have paid $65 like a good customer.

That sucks. Mine went through easy.
I keep finding stupid ways to collect unnecessary shit. Amiibo sunk me in, and now these switch steelbooks.

#144 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:47 AM

Well like I said earlier I paid for a regular order with steelbook, minus the GCU and 25% discount, yet got shafted with a bubble envelope. Kind of surprising too as Best Buy usually sends out amiibos and even some standard game cases in boxes to me. Guess they're cutting costs.

#145 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2471 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:26 AM

Got a notice yesterday about my order being delayed, steelbook came today with no notice.

#146 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Anyone know the price of the steelbook standalone?

#147 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:57 AM

$40 in store

#148 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

I’m pretty sure it’s $12.99 but I’ve also heard a few people say some in store prices have been $40.

#149 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14239 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:19 AM

Steelbook they overnighted came in today and is flawless. Guess I get to make my $2 back now from a. . .uh, friend. ;)

#150 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:33 AM

Kind of surprising too as Best Buy usually sends out amiibos and even some standard game cases in boxes to me. Guess they're cutting costs.

Not necessarily, unless we were to start seeing everyone get stuff shipped like that. Even if shipping steelbooks in boxes were to be their official policy, someone can always mess up (or not care) and ship it in a bubble mailer when they pick it and package it at the warehouse. There's so many things that could have happened. Someone's pack station could be out of boxes at that moment, and they just said "Eh, screw it." Could be a new person who doesn't know better yet.