- - - - -

Best Buy Ad 2/17-2/23: Free Steelbook with Pokémon: Let's Go

#181 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

You can't preorder in store with a certificate but can online.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I use rewards on almost everything on their site. I buy pan credit and ps plus all time with them too. Unless this is something new that just started.

Ok thanks. Guess I'll try online later. The manager didn't tell me to try online, so maybe they're not the most informed over there.

#182 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:12 AM

I have no early info to post next weeks ad. Someone else is going to get to do it tonight. ;)

I'm praying for Spiderman $10 off the NEW lower price, but I'm assuming they will advertise $20 off and have no actual sale on it.

#183 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

I'm praying for Spiderman $10 off the NEW lower price, but I'm assuming they will advertise $20 off and have no actual sale on it.

Yes, I'm also waiting for Spiderman at $29.99 and then, it's go time.

#184 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1406 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

RDR2 is $40 this week

#185 MaddDogg84  

MaddDogg84

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

It's a balance of being able to have fun without it being drowned out by all the issues. Just depends where the fulcrum is for each player.

Yeah I'm so mixed in this. Have yet to pickup my copy with GCU and $10 certificate would pay $38. I have 7 days per policy to pickup.

I loved the demo, but all the server issues felt like the FO76 "beta" all over again. I told myself to not be a fanboy and wait for reviews. Post reviews I get the criticisms by Skill Up, IGN, etc that this is unrealized potential, half baked, early release, etc and not what gamers deserve for $60.

But I know I will want to play it ultimately and if it drops to $30 I'll get it for $23 instead. So I'll save $15 to wait till it's (more) fixed.

I felt burned by FO76 and their lies that all would be patched soon. So this Bioware narrative is suspect.

As someone who loves new ideas, new IPs, and when big corporations take risks, I hate seeing this horrible launches. How much give should we allow for new online IP?

#186 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

I pre-ordered Anthem. With GCU, the $10 cert, and the Steelbook.. $38 wasn't bad, knowing that it would probably be $30 in the next few months. And knowing i'd break down at that point anyway, and would NOT have GCU anymore. So i'm looking at the extra $8 being the Steelbook. I know it's not perfect, but I do still find fun in it. 

I'm just hoping that they add to the game and continue to support it, like Bethesda is with Fallout 76 with the DLC announced, and not just abandoned because of the launch problems.

#187 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Yeah I'm so mixed in this. Have yet to pickup my copy with GCU and $10 certificate would pay $38. I have 7 days per policy to pickup.

I loved the demo, but all the server issues felt like the FO76 "beta" all over again. I told myself to not be a fanboy and wait for reviews. Post reviews I get the criticisms by Skill Up, IGN, etc that this is unrealized potential, half baked, early release, etc and not what gamers deserve for $60.

But I know I will want to play it ultimately and if it drops to $30 I'll get it for $23 instead. So I'll save $15 to wait till it's (more) fixed.

I felt burned by FO76 and their lies that all would be patched soon. So this Bioware narrative is suspect.

As someone who loves new ideas, new IPs, and when big corporations take risks, I hate seeing this horrible launches. How much give should we allow for new online IP?

I am actually super impressed with Anthem so far. Like.... I have not run into any server issues at all - NOTHING like the FO76 launch for me. It's almost like the reviewers and I played a completely different game. To each their own, but I can 100% confidently say I am very much enjoying it.

#188 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:52 PM

I am actually super impressed with Anthem so far. Like.... I have not run into any server issues at all - NOTHING like the FO76 launch for me. It's almost like the reviewers and I played a completely different game. To each their own, but I can 100% confidently say I am very much enjoying it.

Been disconnected once, beyond that no issues either.

Newbie tip who has played the Demo.... When you get out of the intro and you choose to unlock the Javelin... you unlock 1 of the 4... (next unlock is at 8) So if you liked the Ranger, *you have to UNLOCK the ranger now* In the Demo they unlocked all classes at once (when I played it anyway)

I screwed up and unlocked the Storm, which is powerful... but not what i intended. I thought I *already* had the Ranger and was unlocking a *2ND* Javelin. 

#189 MaddDogg84  

MaddDogg84

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

Been disconnected once, beyond that no issues either.

How are loading screens? I'll be on XBX.

I found this which seemed promising:
https://www.rockpape...-day-one-patch/

I have ~10 hrs into Mass Effect 3 and while I "get it" and loved, I'm far from the superfans that are broken hearted over story. Borderlands 2, Destiny, FO3 and FO4 that have...less required reading... have reasonated with me more from a story angle. If anything I found the characters in the demo to be really compelling compared to Destiny and the like.

I have been following Anthem's subreddit for months to track how they have interacted and attempt to stay ahead of large issues. Even critics seem to have faith in Bioware responding fast along the way.

I'm basically overthinking the heck out of this not bc of money. Not worried about that, but rather don't want to be part of "the problem" where industry moves towards less accountability and stupid practices like the early release (15th) that isn't held to Day One standards.

#190 MaddDogg84  

MaddDogg84

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

At the same time, I've worked at large software company where we have had large launches that were rushed and EVERYONE knew it and were trying to hit the brakes and put time into QC and higher ups made us ship. It kills morale. I dunno if I want to support Bioware or stick it to EA with buying later vs launch.

#191 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

At the same time, I've worked at large software company where we have had large launches that were rushed and EVERYONE knew it and were trying to hit the brakes and put time into QC and higher ups made us ship. It kills morale. I dunno if I want to support Bioware or stick it to EA with buying later vs launch.

I'm thinking this is exactly what happened with Anthem.

EA chose the date, and told Bioware to make it.

As far as load times, i see them as better but still probably a little longer than they should be. 

#192 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:24 AM

Kinda glad my gcu ran out so I’m skipping some games that I don’t need day 1. Also games that are flops. However, when games that I really want come out, I’d be pissed since I gotta pay full price

#193 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

I'm thinking this is exactly what happened with Anthem.
EA chose the date, and told Bioware to make it.

As far as load times, i see them as better but still probably a little longer than they should be.

IMO all the load times have been fixed except the ones when you initiate a new mission. Going to the forge or anything else now is really seamless. Been playing all day again and still really amazed at the reviews. IMO I'm having just as much fun as I did with the RE2 game which is alot.

#194 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:17 AM

Granted I have not played since friday night.. Didn't get home till real late last night and been doing taxes and other crap today, i guess there was another patch yesterday? or maybe just the friday one.

#195 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14196 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

Honestly, the issues you guys are touching on are surface level; the game has much deeper flaws that I can already see going forward. Repetition is the main one, with the journey being fun and the endgame a snore. Right now I can sense that my enjoyment and fun is both from the freshness aspect and the grind to max level. Once it becomes time to grind gear for no real purpose other than character progression, that's when the fun will end. And I can tell you that's a short jaunt of maybe a week at best before being faced with that.

There is very little staying power since the challenges are not that exciting and the rewards are stale already. Who wants to grind daily and weekly challenges for coins when the only rewards are paywall related? Instead of loot boxes, they also offer the embers required to craft an item as the alternative but once again: loot is not that interesting other than character progression. If they had cosmetic items to loot, or any number of collectibles games offer these days as dropped loot, that would at least give some incentive to chase the carrot. As it stands, the game is just half-baked.

That said, I absolutely love the javelins and how they control. Piloting is fun and I'm not sure it will ever get old. That's about the best I can offer in terms of pros since flying around and killing things will only get you so far in a game. It needs that hook to keep players coming back, if even open world PvP or something to keep things feeling fresh going forward.

#196 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

Honestly, the issues you guys are touching on are surface level; the game has much deeper flaws that I can already see going forward. Repetition is the main one, with the journey being fun and the endgame a snore. Right now I can sense that my enjoyment and fun is both from the freshness aspect and the grind to max level. Once it becomes time to grind gear for no real purpose other than character progression, that's when the fun will end. And I can tell you that's a short jaunt of maybe a week at best before being faced with that.

There is very little staying power since the challenges are not that exciting and the rewards are stale already. Who wants to grind daily and weekly challenges for coins when the only rewards are paywall related? Instead of loot boxes, they also offer the embers required to craft an item as the alternative but once again: loot is not that interesting other than character progression. If they had cosmetic items to loot, or any number of collectibles games offer these days as dropped loot, that would at least give some incentive to chase the carrot. As it stands, the game is just half-baked.

That said, I absolutely love the javelins and how they control. Piloting is fun and I'm not sure it will ever get old. That's about the best I can offer in terms of pros since flying around and killing things will only get you so far in a game. It needs that hook to keep players coming back, if even open world PvP or something to keep things feeling fresh going forward.

I would think additional end game content, different armor sets for the Javelins, and more weapon diversity end game would be some of the first things they add to the game. Don't get me wrong, you bring up some valid issues, but I haven't seen a game of this genre launch without those same issues outside of MHW. I'm definitely getting my moneys worth out of just number of hours played, I'm curious to see how The Division 2 is reviewed in two weeks. That and Anthem would make for a great combo moving forward if TD2 learned from TD1's mistakes and Anthem starts getting additional end game content in.

#197 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14196 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

I would think additional end game content, different armor sets for the Javelins, and more weapon diversity end game would be some of the first things they add to the game. Don't get me wrong, you bring up some valid issues, but I haven't seen a game of this genre launch without those same issues outside of MHW. I'm definitely getting my moneys worth out of just number of hours played, I'm curious to see how The Division 2 is reviewed in two weeks. That and Anthem would make for a great combo moving forward if TD2 learned from TD1's mistakes and Anthem starts getting additional end game content in.

Definitely weapon diversity. As it stands, I already feel pigeonholed as a Colossus into mandatory flamethrower and shotgun/LMG setup. Outside of the now patched devastator exploit, the pistol feels worthless and weak. Grenade launchers feel a little situational to be a main weapon and all the rifles just can't seem to keep pace with LMG for DPS, even when targeting weakpoints. What would make these interesting is more unique mods that do more than just give buffs but that combo and play well with either your group setup, or own personal load-out. Ultimately, level of customization feels very lacking atm.

#198 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2970 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

Random question, is there a way to check for inventory on a specific title at ANY Best Buy store?  Looks like the limit is 250 miles via the website, but I wanted to see if anyone knows of another way to see.

#199 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

Random question, is there a way to check for inventory on a specific title at ANY Best Buy store?  Looks like the limit is 250 miles via the website, but I wanted to see if anyone knows of another way to see.

Change your zip code when checking.  Find a city about 300 miles from you that has one and enter the zip code for it.

#200 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

Random question, is there a way to check for inventory on a specific title at ANY Best Buy store? Looks like the limit is 250 miles via the website, but I wanted to see if anyone knows of another way to see.

What title is it?

#201 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

Tomorrow is my last day of GCU

So sad

#202 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:37 AM

They are going to have a new program in 2020. I believe it will be linked to "tech support" or something similar. I will try to get more information out of the district manager in my area.

#203 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4042 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

They are going to have a new program in 2020. I believe it will be linked to "tech support" or something similar. I will try to get more information out of the district manager in my area.

Doubtful.