* - - - - 4 votes

$229 Mystery Electronics Item at Woot

#91 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

And how many games used the New 3DS? I can think of Xenoblade that I got when they both came out and fire emblem warriors. 

Minecraft & Binding of Issac are the only others I can think of, and then of course all SNES VC offerings, which also wasn't much. LOL

#92 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

That was a load of shit.  You can hack your vanilla 3DS and put a SNES emulator and roms on it and it runs fine. 

#93 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Minecraft & Binding of Issac are the only others I can think of, and then of course all SNES VC offerings, which also wasn't much. LOL

Runbow Pocket Deluxe also Hyrule Warriors Legends plays better on the new 3ds

#94 Jurai  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

And how many games used the New 3DS? I can think of Xenoblade that I got when they both came out and fire emblem warriors. 

That wasn't the point of what I said, the new 3DS is a more powerful system at the basic hardware level, arguing about what games were exclusive or that SNES roms will 'run' on an old 3ds doesn't change the facts buckaroo

#95 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

What I'm saying is the New 3ds may have sent Nintendo the message that doing the same for the Switch may not be worth it if hardly any developers will take advantage.

#96 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:11 PM

What I'm saying is the New 3ds may have sent Nintendo the message that doing the same for the Switch may not be worth it if hardly any developers will take advantage.

Yeah, this is the reality of the situation, as "N" barely uses the tech/gimmicks they invent, so the chances of anyone else using it is slim and none(and slim never even entered the building). Offering a "New" type NS is the best I think anyone can hope for, as it would just take the place of the current model, and offer smoother play and maybe a better screen w/cosmetic improvements at the same price of $300. Offering something along the lines of some upgrade, at $400+ that doesn't even meet current PS4/ONE offerings is a waste of R&D.

I do see a mini probably offering a better processor and possible screen at a lower starting price, so offering slight upgrades for the main "Switch" at some point makes sense. It just doesn't make sense for more than the standard current asking price, especially with cheaper equivalents in the market from others.

#97 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Anyone received it yet?

#98 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Anyone received it yet?

Yeah

#99 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, this is the reality of the situation, as "N" barely uses the tech/gimmicks they invent, so the chances of anyone else using it is slim and none(and slim never even entered the building). Offering a "New" type NS is the best I think anyone can hope for, as it would just take the place of the current model, and offer smoother play and maybe a better screen w/cosmetic improvements at the same price of $300. Offering something along the lines of some upgrade, at $400+ that doesn't even meet current PS4/ONE offerings is a waste of R&D.

I do see a mini probably offering a better processor and possible screen at a lower starting price, so offering slight upgrades for the main "Switch" at some point makes sense. It just doesn't make sense for more than the standard current asking price, especially with cheaper equivalents in the market from others.

I love for one to have better battery life and be lighter

#100 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5014 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

One thing that would make a Switch Pro more viable and more useful is how Switch games tend to perform and dynamically scale. Many Switch games dynamically scale their resolution and other graphical qualities on the fly (and to different degrees when docked vs portable) in order to try to hit a frame rate target. Given that setup, throwing some more power at those games 'should' make them run/look better with very little--to no--tinkering. I'm sure the same could not be said for most 3DS games. 

Of course, that's not to say that it's on their road map, but I can dream haha.