- - - - -

Best Buy Video Game Deals 2/24-3/2: Red Dead Redemption II $39.99 // Nintendo Labo Kits $39.99 // Ace Combat 7 $49.99 // PS4 Greatest Hits $14.99

#31 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

the amazon listing shows it was only included until 2/18/19

that’s why I figured they gave the ten bucks off

#32 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14196 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:07 AM

Is Ralph Breaks The Internet steelbook is it going to be super limited or is Best Buy holding back on preorders? It’s sold out for preorders within 250 miles of DFW. I put in a preorder at my backup Best Buy since my main Best Buy was sold out since it’s a lower tier store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had mine already delivered and for the first time ever actually came with a bad dent on the cover. Had to go to the store and they were able to just swap it with a pristine one. They had 29 so I'm certain there will be plenty day one.

#33 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1294 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

What were the other ps4 selects, I only saw blood borne.

#34 Epic_Bean  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

What were the other ps4 selects, I only saw blood borne.

You could just check the site and limit it to 10-19.99 games but:

Uncharted 4

Uncharted Collection

Ratchet and Clank

Little Big Planet 3

Until Dawn

Bloodbourne

#35 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2301 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

Is Ralph Breaks The Internet steelbook is it going to be super limited or is Best Buy holding back on preorders? It’s sold out for preorders within 250 miles of DFW. I put in a preorder at my backup Best Buy since my main Best Buy was sold out since it’s a lower tier store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ralph will be decently stocked in stores. Cap and Mermaid are going to be very limited.

#36 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

Can anyone comment if AC7 is worth $40 (after GCU) or is this a title that I should wait until it hits $29.99 to grab? I've never really played any of the Ace Combat games but by all accounts the graphics are gorgeous on this one, with lots of different planes and stuff. Just torn. Especially with DMC5, TD2, etc coming out soon.

#37 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Can anyone comment if AC7 is worth $40 (after GCU) or is this a title that I should wait until it hits $29.99 to grab? I've never really played any of the Ace Combat games but by all accounts the graphics are gorgeous on this one, with lots of different planes and stuff. Just torn. Especially with DMC5, TD2, etc coming out soon.

If you're torn, just say no.

#38 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

I like it. Definitely a cool change of pace. Gave me a nice arcade feel. Now as for if it's worth $40. I'd say yes but that's me. Everything is a better at a lower price. You say there are other things you are looking forward to so waiting may backfire. If you have 49 bucks it's a good play if the videos intruige you, I say go for it.

#39 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1294 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

You could just check the site and limit it to 10-19.99 games but:

Uncharted 4
Uncharted Collection
Ratchet and Clank
Little Big Planet 3
Until Dawn
Bloodbourne

I skipped over those way too fast because I owned them already, thanks though

#40 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1406 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:44 AM

Those Disney steelbook editions are available for pickup order now.

#41 Sielanas  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

I know Jesse Cox said he's been playing a lot. Not using that as an endorsement as much as someone you can watch videos of gameplay from someone that's put in some time with the game.

Glad the Marvel 4k are starting to show, shame not starting with one I'd buy. I may look into getting a code.

#42 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

I am tempted by that CA First Avenger 4K Steelbook.

I almost missed this. I didn't start collecting the steelbooks until Winter Soldier so I'm trying to backfill without spending like $70-$100 on the original versions on ebay.  I found a reasonably priced Iron Man one from Germany, so with this one I just need the first two Thor films and Iron Man 2 and 3. 

To continue the GCU convo, now that it is dead I pretty much only buy the Marvel steelbooks from Best Buy. 

#43 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

Last week on GCU.

Ah my favorite soap opera

#44 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

I almost missed this. I didn't start collecting the steelbooks until Winter Soldier so I'm trying to backfill without spending like $70-$100 on the original versions on ebay.  I found a reasonably priced Iron Man one from Germany, so with this one I just need the first two Thor films and Iron Man 2 and 3. 

To continue the GCU convo, now that it is dead I pretty much only buy the Marvel steelbooks from Best Buy. 

To my knowledge, they didn't start the US steelbooks (and they've all been Best Buy) until Thor 2.  They've since gone back and done Avengers 1 and now Cap 1 for the 4K releases, and there was (might still be) an Incredible Hulk steelbook floating around from the old studio that produced it.

I think that just leaves the Iron Man trilogy, and the first Thor.  Maybe they'll do those eventually and I can have a complete Marvel steelbook set... that would be nice.

#45 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:49 PM

there was a steelbook for Iron man 2, this is the one I have

Spoiler

#46 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3558 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

there was a steelbook for Iron man 2, this is the one I have

Spoiler

That’s a metal case?

#47 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:34 AM

That’s a metal case?

yep, just looked it up target exclusive.

Metalpak i guess is what they are called. Just searched for the case and found this vid from 2011 showing off all the ones this guy had from around the world. Skip to 4:20ish for the Target cover I have.

Spoiler

#48 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Posted on the pre-order post but I know this will have a lot more traffic:

https://youtu.be/fKiz265SMME

Just revealed Switch Pokemon games. Both $10 pre-order bonus

Pokemon Shield - https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255368

Pokemon Sword - https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255366

#49 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:01 AM

Resellers
Resellers are excluded from the program and from receiving points. If we mistakenly issue points for resale purchases, we reserve the right to deduct those improperly awarded points and/or to invalidate improperly issued reward certificates as well as to terminate such accounts.

If you are found, in our sole discretion, to be a reseller, your account may be terminated in accordance with Section 7 below

In bestbuy terms. They updated on 2/5/2019. For rewards program.

I just find it funny. Do they think that will stop people.

#50 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1406 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

I'm not a reseller, I'm a collector. A collector that happens to sell most everything I own after I realize I collected too much, and then I start the cycle again.

#51 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Lol

#52 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Posted on the pre-order post but I know this will have a lot more traffic:

Just revealed Switch Pokemon games. Both $10 pre-order bonus

Pokemon Shield - https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255368

Pokemon Sword - https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255366

Hoping Gamestop follows suit and offers a $10 bonus for pre-ordering these. Since my GCU expired I've been mostly buying games at Gamestop since I still have Elite Pro and there is a store less than a mile from my house. 

Went into Best Buy yesterday and saw at least 4 different games I would have bought if I still had GCU. I left the store without buying anything. 

#53 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

I've noticed I havent been buying as many games since GCU ended myself. Altho I have been placing pre orders on my girlfriends account since hers is up in april.
Maybe GCU ending is a good thing, I'll spend less cuz I'll buy less games.
But I agree, gamestop and Amazon will get more business from me

Hoping Gamestop follows suit and offers a $10 bonus for pre-ordering these. Since my GCU expired I've been mostly buying games at Gamestop since I still have Elite Pro and there is a store less than a mile from my house.

Went into Best Buy yesterday and saw at least 4 different games I would have bought if I still had GCU. I left the store without buying anything.

#54 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

I've noticed I havent been buying as many games since GCU ended myself. Altho I have been placing pre orders on my girlfriends account since hers is up in april.
Maybe GCU ending is a good thing, I'll spend less cuz I'll buy less games.
But I agree, gamestop and Amazon will get more business from me

It's funny how many CAGers quit amazon after they dropped their 20% discounts. When my GCU eventually runs out I may just simmer down and slowly stop buying games in general. I'm tired of games today that released half assed, broken, or incomplete, to be patches 6 months to 12 months later and sold as half price as a "COMPLETE EDITION". 

#55 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14196 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

It's funny how many CAGers quit amazon after they dropped their 20% discounts. When my GCU eventually runs out I may just simmer down and slowly stop buying games in general. I'm tired of games today that released half assed, broken, or incomplete, to be patches 6 months to 12 months later and sold as half price as a "COMPLETE EDITION". 

Pssh, true CAGs quit Amazon after their 30% discounts ended. ;)

#56 dualrec  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Gamestop has faults, but their pre-orders in store are always in pristine shape for me vs bestbuy...

#57 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

Gamestop has faults, but their pre-orders in store are always in pristine shape for me vs bestbuy...

Didn’t someone recently order a game, picked it up in store and the manager etc opened the game right there in front of them?

I do remember someone posting that..

#58 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

I rarely used the 20% discount with Prime since I had GCU, but wish they offered it now. I order from Amazon often but rarely is it video games. 

I agree. Gamestop also has a solid rewards system and tend to carry a lot of games that Best Buy does not have. I also feel like I need to enjoy a retailer for video games for as long as I can since they likely won't around too much longer. 

#59 dualrec  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Didn’t someone recently order a game, picked it up in store and the manager etc opened the game right there in front of them?

I do remember someone posting that..

you're right

but that hasn't happened to me, or I'd no longer shop at that store.  I'm one of the few who doesn't have a shady gamestop anywhere around me.  Nice workers at the ones I go to.

#60 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

you're right

but that hasn't happened to me, or I'd no longer shop at that store.  I'm one of the few who doesn't have a shady gamestop anywhere around me.  Nice workers at the ones I go to.

The only time that has ever happened to me is when I had a defective disc and had to do a return/exchange for a new copy.