Shenmue 1 & 2 XBOne $13.64 Amazon w/prime shipping

price went up a dollar, deal dead
It may appear to be....it always does.

The price did go back up a bit, per the usual Amazon price cycle. But it only went back up to around $15.xxx and now dropping to the current $14.54, which means it will at least reach this topics price again or even lower. This happens all the time so just keep watching the price. I expect the $12.xx range during this cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up. I went into target the first to price match with target dont have prime and I found target had the Xbox one version clearance for 8.99. The ps4 version was still 24.99 prob ymmv but doesnt hurt to look if you still need to grab this :)

Just a heads up. I went into target the first to price match with target dont have prime and I found target had the Xbox one version clearance for 8.99. The ps4 version was still 24.99 prob ymmv but doesnt hurt to look if you still need to grab this :)
yeah ima get it now for that price

I sure hope it's a lot better than Shenmue 1 which is the only one I've played. I couldn't even force myself to finish it for the easy Platinum.
The series is not for you. Don't force it. For the actual fans, we couldn't get enough each iteration.

That's probably the best advice. I've been forcing it to get through the end of Disc 1. It's just not fun for me.
To be honest, it was kind of a groundbreaking game at the time, but maybe for that reason, it hasn't aged entirely well. A lot of modern games were kind of built on elements of its formula but with more fluid gameplay, more fleshed-out worlds with more to do while waiting for time to pass, and conveniences like better mapping features. It's still a solid game and also a fun nostalgia trip, but I can totally see how modern gamers that didn't play it back in the Dreamcast days might find it a bit tedious.

geez no target by me has this
I went to target yesterday and every copy was gone there was about 5 left on the first. Even the one ps4 copy that I price scanned that was more expensive was gone not sure if they were all bought or what.

To be honest, it was kind of a groundbreaking game at the time, but maybe for that reason, it hasn't aged entirely well. A lot of modern games were kind of built on elements of its formula but with more fluid gameplay, more fleshed-out worlds with more to do while waiting for time to pass, and conveniences like better mapping features. It's still a solid game and also a fun nostalgia trip, but I can totally see how modern gamers that didn't play it back in the Dreamcast days might find it a bit tedious.
The biggest problem to me is the down time in Shenmue 1 as I don't have as much time to game as I used to. It's nice that all the side activities are there but I don't want to HAVE to do them until it's time for the next story mission. I know Shenmue 2 has a time skip feature so I might give that one a try before 3 comes out.

bread's done
Back