Star Wars Battlefront 2 10$ Walmart

It's odd how boring this game is when the property is so great.  It's not like the gameplay is broken.  It's just...bland.

It's odd how boring this game is when the property is so great. It's not like the gameplay is broken. It's just...bland.
That's because this isn't a game. It's a scam. This disc that you put in your gaming console is designed for you to pay into it, not play it. It's like a Star Wars brand pachinko machine. It's got the Star Wars brand, but it's not a game to play for fun. It's designed to steal your money.

I enjoyed the campaign enough to pay 10 dollars.. I would be frustrated if I bought it at launch!

So you are saying I have to pay $10 bucks to experience the micro-transactions?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because this isn't a game. It's a scam. This disc that you put in your gaming console is designed for you to pay into it, not play it. It's like a Star Wars brand pachinko machine. It's got the Star Wars brand, but it's not a game to play for fun. It's designed to steal your money.
They already fixed that game mechanic, there is no DLC to buy, its free, and there are only a few unlock able characters which can easily be bought with in game currency. I didn't spend any extra money on the game and got all achievements. I enjoyed the 40 player galactic assault and a few other multiplayer modes. The campaign is terrible and linear so if you don't like multiplayer games you will not like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's odd how boring this game is when the property is so great. It's not like the gameplay is broken. It's just...bland.
Unfortunately, DICE has long since forgotten how to make quality MP maps. The last good ones they made were in BF3, and the last great one was probably Arica Harbor from BF:BC2 (and maybe Laguna Presa). That was nine years ago now. They were once a special developer, but, like BioWare, they cast their lot w/ EA, and will suffer the same fate experienced by all once-great development houses captured by EA; namely, decline, eventual disintegration, and consignment to the dustbin of history. The glory has gone out of them, and I sincerely doubt they'll ever produce another truly indispensable game.

They already fixed that game mechanic, there is no DLC to buy, its free, and there are only a few unlock able characters which can easily be bought with in game currency. I didn't spend any extra money on the game and got all achievements. I enjoyed the 40 player galactic assault and a few other multiplayer modes. The campaign is terrible and linear so if you don't like multiplayer games you will not like this.
That's not the point. The point is that this thing was built as a microtransactions machine. If you take out the microtransactions, you haven't made a good game, you've just taken out the point of the game and left it as an even more empty shell. You can't convert a pachinko game into a shooter, just like you can't convert this game into a good game. This game needed to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

Deal has been dead since yesterday.
I went Friday night to try to get a copy in store and the electronics section was absolutely slammed at 10:00 pm. There was one guy getting games, consoles, and tablets for people and he had his hands full, literally and figuratively. When he disappeared to take someone up to the front with all of their stuff, I hung out at the electronics desk but quite a while went by without seeing any sales reps anywhere, so I bailed. Checked yesterday afternoon and the price had went up online.

The campaign was pretty good; maybe not $60 good but definitely $10 good. I rarely replay games but I'd consider replaying the campaign in this. And I did like the MP when I tried it after release, so $10 would have gotten me back in. I'm sure it will be this price again many times in the future.

bread's done
Back