CAGcast #581: Steak Eyes

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Anthem, THQ Nordic, 8BitDo M30, and create new battle royale games on the spot.

Download (1 hr 22 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is brought to you by Chegg. For $5 off your first month's subscription, go to www.chegg.com/cagcast and enter promo code CAGCAST.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - 7 Rings (Doorm House Remix)
Outro - Shazam! (Opening Theme)
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
@shipwreck Yes, in Anthem you can create a private lobby for just you and Mrs. Shipwreck to play exclusively and control the pace.

When you finish the mission you will be in your own separate Fort Tarsis and not see her. Once you are ready for the next mission, the group leader selects the mission and the other player just holds a button to enter the mission ready screen. My daughter and I play together and it has been a blast so far.

Xbox Game Pass already works with Windows 10. If a game on the library supports cross play you can download it to your PC and use your same game save.

Cheapy, I like how you inspired someone into walking and then wombat asks how your walking is going and you say "The walking? I'm not walking" at the 14:42 mark. Sorry you are above walking, but I thought it was great you motivated someone.

The Xbox One did not sell well compared to either the PS4 (94.2 million in just over five years) or the Switch (32.27 million in less than two years). It sold so poorly that Microsoft, unlike Sony and Nintendo, refuses to give out actual numbers, and the best estimates for worldwide Xbone One sales are around 40 million. So as well as selling at a much slower rate than its competitors, it’s not going to come close to the 360 which sold 84 million units. And the Switch is going to take 2nd place during 2019.

Do you even know Excel if you don't subscribe to the Excel Is Fun YouTube channel? Also, there is an Excel world champion. 

Wombat, I've heard you talk about college on the show and it sounds like you attended a school somewhere in western, Pa, are you willing to say what school? I went to school in northwestern Pa and graduated around the same time as you so I'm curious. 

First of all, thanks for the show. I've been listening since forever, pretty much since Tai was born! Loved "Cag Foreplay too", shout out to Mrs Shipwreck! 

Cheapy thinks random menu is insane, and fears you might be forced to eat it even if you don't like your draw... I think it's because of Orange Theory! Exercise there is random, and you have to do it... otherwise you feel like a wimp. 

Thanks and keep up the great job!

Cheapy, Wombat, would either of you mind sharing the name of that Japanese restaurant you went to? It sounded good and I'm always up for trying a new Japanese place here on the island :)

Great episode this week btw =)

I tried the rubbing alcohol thing on my Xbox One elite controller.  Played Crackdown 3 for about an hour, and it seems to have fixed my problem. 

I quit using the controller like 6 months ago due to drifting analog stick.  I'll go back to using it and see how it goes.

It'll be sad when Wombat finally gets approval that his house is greyhound ready and finds out that they've all passed on from old age.

Great show as always. Gentlemen, do you think you can breathe new life into the Switch Game Or Not? Cheapy seems to be getting tired of it, which I completely understand. How about passing it off on Wombat and Shipwreck, as in they alternate taking a turn every week. Only asking because it is such a fun segment.

I think releasing the next Xbox console in 2020 would be a smart move for Microsoft. I’m curious as to whether Halo: Infinty will launch on the Xbox One or if 343 is developing it as a next-gen title. I fear that Halo is becoming more irrelevant by the day, especially for younger gamers, with games like Fortnite dominating the scene. However, making Halo: Infinite an Xbox Scarlett launch title could give both the console and franchise a much needed shot in the arm.

To Shipwreak: Will you give Division 2 a chance?  I played the beta and it seems to be more of the same Division.  Also about progression in battle royale game, I think of Hunt Showndown (PC).  You hunt NPC with a team of two against other team, and level up with perma-death.  Not quite battle royale, but that might be the progression you ask for.

I'd like to chime in here with further support of Shipwreck's 8bitdo acquisition. I've been using 8bitdo controllers for a while, and have had really great experiences with them. I haven't acquired the new M30 yet, as I pre-ordered the 2.4 Ghz white versions. (to go along with the white Analogue Mega SG that I also pre-ordered)

The 8bitdo line-up is especially good as a lower-cost Switch controller alternative. The Switch Pro controller is notoriously expensive. All of 8bitdo's more recent controllers are compatible with the Switch, and can be firmware-updated to improve compatibility. All of them have great D-Pads, which make them ideal choices for retro-themed games. And all of their bluetooth controllers can be paired with just about anything bluetooth-related.

Personally, I'm really excited about the Zero 2 model controllers that are supposed to launch sometime this year. And I recently got an SN30 Pro to use with my Switch. I got the new model that features the Game-Boy color scheme. 

bread's done
Back