* * * * * 2 votes

*DEAD* Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee! $29.99 @ Meijer

pokemon eevee meijer

#61 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

Glad to see people getting in on this! For anyone being roadblocked, remember to give them a zip code local to a Meijers and not your own; you can have it shipped to anywhere after you get past the watch dog. If they claim stupid policies like being unable to match a weekly ad, in-store price, etc -- don't argue, just close chat and try again. The only time I've not been able to get a PM is when they've actually clamped down on a known price mistake that's being abused. Good luck all!

#62 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Damn of course its for Eevee as I just bought the Pikachu version from BB.  I would have tried to get some money back if so.

#63 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Damn of course its for Eevee as I just bought the Pikachu version from BB.  I would have tried to get some money back if so.

It's both, but the ad only shows Eevee. You can still try but it's a slightly harder sell to get the PM.

#64 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

It's both, but the ad only shows Eevee. You can still try but it's a slightly harder sell to get the PM.

Really? I guess I never thought but will give it a try.

#65 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

Glad to see people getting in on this! For anyone being roadblocked, remember to give them a zip code local to a Meijers and not your own; you can have it shipped to anywhere after you get past the watch dog. If they claim stupid policies like being unable to match a weekly ad, in-store price, etc -- don't argue, just close chat and try again. The only time I've not been able to get a PM is when they've actually clamped down on a known price mistake that's being abused. Good luck all!

How would they not know you’re giving the wrong zip code when you place the order? Can’t they see where you’re actually getting it shipped or picked up?

#66 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:01 PM

How would they not know you’re giving the wrong zip code when you place the order? Can’t they see where you’re actually getting it shipped or picked up?

If you pay via credit card/debit card only you can change the pickup location or you could say you are on vacation. You can’t click Make Changes on the order status if you use a Best Buy gift card or certificate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#67 Telemundo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Telemundo

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

I was able to get the price match just a bit ago via chat. It was not hard at all, gave dude the link and done. Of course it was for Eevee but that is fine, did not want to press the issue at all. Also got the steel book. 

#68 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

It took 3 chats (because 1st 2 said in store only so wasn't able to PM) but 3rd was extremely nice and easy going and got me my refund no problem.  Thanks OP!!

#69 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

It took 3 chats (because 1st 2 said in store only so wasn't able to PM) but 3rd was extremely nice and easy going and got me my refund no problem.  Thanks OP!!

Did you do shipping or local pickup?

#70 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

Did you do shipping or local pickup?

I purchased it and had it shipped to me like 2 weeks ago so I decided to try to get a partial refund and was successful.

#71 Telemundo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Telemundo

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

I did the purchase through Best Buy while on the chat with them and opted for in store pick up.

#72 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

Sweet, was able to match to local store pickup for Eevee plus a free steel book. My 11 year old will be excited af after school.

#73 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3678 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

:\ I just got off the phone with someone who maybe learned english 35 minutes prior to my call. He says because Meijer's price is only for this week, they can't do the price match. He says the sale price of $29.99 has to be the permanent price at the competitor in order for them to honor it. 

Dude's lucky I'm not wearing a MAGA hat.

#74 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2513 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

Just a thought.. with a bunch of us cags getting a copy of Eevee/Pikachu maybe someone could start a thread in the switch section to work out trades with each other so we can all at least complete the Pokédex.

(And no, I did not volunteer... I have little free time ;) )

#75 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

I just purchased the Pikachu edition through best buy chat. (The Link I Provided for Price Match) Thank you OP! Here is the transcript, blanked for security, if anyone is interested how it went: 
Robert Carter (00:59:07 GMT) : Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is Robert Carter. How may I assist you today?
Visitor (00:59:26 GMT) : I was trying to price match this pokemon game so i can purchase it from bestbuy
Robert Carter (01:00:18 GMT) : Hi Mario!
Robert Carter (01:00:28 GMT) : I’ll be happy to check if the item is eligible for price match. If it is, I can definitely help you complete your online purchase and get the lower price.
Robert Carter (01:00:29 GMT) : To get started, may I please have the SKU or model number of the product? They can be found under the product description.
Visitor (01:01:04 GMT) : 6216393
Robert Carter (01:01:13 GMT) : Thank you.
Robert Carter (01:01:26 GMT) : Can you please help me with the zip code of your location?
Visitor (01:01:38 GMT) : 48187
Robert Carter (01:01:55 GMT) : Thank you.
Robert Carter (01:02:40 GMT) : I see that you have provided the link, that's so helpful.
Robert Carter (01:03:12 GMT) : I will check on the eligibility of the item. 
Robert Carter (01:05:28 GMT) : I’m excited to let you know the item you’re interested in is eligible to be Price Matched! I can help process your Price Match right now to ensure you get this price and the product.
Visitor (01:05:40 GMT) : Oh, perfect. Thank you
Visitor (01:06:03 GMT) : How do we move ahead
Robert Carter (01:07:38 GMT) : Yes, I can help you with placing the order with lower price and help you with the secure link.
Robert Carter (01:07:44 GMT) : May I know your mode of payment?
Visitor (01:08:01 GMT) : debit
Robert Carter (01:08:22 GMT) : Perfect!
Robert Carter (01:08:37 GMT) : Let me pull out your account details.
Robert Carter (01:10:06 GMT) : Is 000000000 your phone number?
Visitor (01:10:13 GMT) : yes
Robert Carter (01:11:16 GMT) : May I please have 2 minutes to look into this for you? I appreciate your patience.
Visitor (01:11:37 GMT) : Yes
Robert Carter (01:11:42 GMT) : Thank you.
Robert Carter (01:13:49 GMT) : Thank you for staying online. I'd like to inform you that we will be able to place the order for 48187 zip code alone.
(I thought they asked this because they noticed my purchases have been done in an area many states away)
Visitor (01:13:59 GMT) : ok
Robert Carter (01:14:59 GMT) : Sure, let me add the items to the cart and help you with the order summary.
Visitor (01:15:09 GMT) : Thank you
Robert Carter (01:15:17 GMT) : You are welcome.
Visitor (01:15:35 GMT) : In store pick up would be preferred.
Robert Carter (01:15:59 GMT) : Yes, I will look into it.
Robert Carter (01:18:49 GMT) : I see that this item is available at the Store Pickup:
West Covina
XXX Plaza Dr
West Covina, CA 91790. 
Robert Carter (01:18:54 GMT) : Will this okay for you?
Visitor (01:19:32 GMT) : how many days do i have to pick it up?
( I asked this for this excuse someone mentioned about me traveling. Just in case they were suspicious why I am okay picking up in california when the store is in Michigan)
Robert Carter (01:20:29 GMT) : Once you receive your "Ready for pickup e-mail" (note: this is a separate e-mail from your order confirmation e-mail) please bring the following items to the store. • Your government issued ID • Debit card • Order number
Robert Carter (01:20:37 GMT) : The store will hold your items at the store for 5 days. If you don't make it in by then, we'll cancel the order and refund your method of payment.
Visitor (01:20:52 GMT) : oh okay, then it is fine to be set there
Robert Carter (01:22:02 GMT) : Sure. Let me help you with the order summary.
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! - Nintendo Switch
Model: HACPADW2A | SKU: 6216393
Qty : 1
$29.99 
You saved: $30
Tue, 05 Mar
FREE
Held until: Sun, 10 Mar

Steelbook - Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! Case
Model: 12345 | SKU: 6319184
Qty : 1
$0.00 
You saved: $12.99
Tue, 05 Mar
FREE
Held until: Sun, 10 Mar
Store pickup:
West Covina
XXX Plaza Dr
West Covina, CA 91790
XXX-XXX-XXX
Robert Carter (01:24:39 GMT) : Order Summary
Product Total:$29.99
Sales Tax:$2.85
Total:$32.84
Robert Carter (01:25:50 GMT) : Shall I share the secure payment link to add the card details?
Visitor (01:25:55 GMT) : Yes sir
Robert Carter (01:27:18 GMT) : 
LINK WAS HERE
Robert Carter (01:27:34 GMT) : Please let me know once you are done.
Visitor (01:28:36 GMT) : Done
Robert Carter (01:29:08 GMT) : Awesome.
Robert Carter (01:29:24 GMT) : Do I have your permission to place the order?
Visitor (01:29:31 GMT) : Very much
Robert Carter (01:29:51 GMT) : Thank you.
Robert Carter (01:30:17 GMT) : Congrats Mario.
Robert Carter (01:30:17 GMT) : Order Confirmation

Order Number(s) : BBYXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Confirmation e-mail sent to : 
Email Here
Robert Carter (01:30:29 GMT) : Order is successfully placed.
Visitor (01:31:02 GMT) : Got the E-mail. Thank you!

#76 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3678 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:42 AM

Where do I find the BestBuy chat option?

#77 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:49 AM

:\ I just got off the phone with someone who maybe learned english 35 minutes prior to my call. He says because Meijer's price is only for this week, they can't do the price match. He says the sale price of $29.99 has to be the permanent price at the competitor in order for them to honor it. 

Dude's lucky I'm not wearing a MAGA hat.

Dude get over the election it's been 2 and a half years and half your posts on this site are complaining about trump supporters

#78 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3678 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:04 AM

Dude get over the election it's been 2 and a half years and half your posts on this site are complaining about trump supporters

:o triggered

#79 Telemundo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Telemundo

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:06 AM

Where do I find the BestBuy chat option?

Click the shopping cart icon (did this on the website), you'll then see a little help icon on the right hand side of the screen, click that and you will see "Chat With Us"

#80 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3604 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:53 AM

I've got to try the pricematch chat tomorrow. Daughter wants the Eevee version for her birthday, which is at the end of this month. Had resigned myself to getting it with GCU. This is a much better deal and worth the effort.

#81 mchittumjr  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

Just placed my order with Sarah. Easy process I am nowhere near a Meijer, but she didnt ask for a zip code. Also didn't say anything when I had it shipped to a MD address. Thanks OP!

#82 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3604 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:59 PM

Just did the price match through online chat. Almost went flawlessly! Doesn't look like I'll be getting the steelbook unless I can talk them into it when I pick it up at the store.

Eddy Allen (17:50:30 GMT) : The steelbook is available if the order is placed with complete price as in price match the items that are available with the competitor are only available, therefore the steelbook cannot be processed as the competitor does not provide the steelbook with it product.

Update: Asked about the steelbook when picking up the order. They tossed one in the bag, no questions.

Thanks for posting this deal, Jodou, and thanks to everyone else for the discussion on how to get it pricematched at BBY. Particularly mojarr0...I basically used your transcript as, well, a script.

#83 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:05 AM

Just did the price match through online chat. Almost went flawlessly! Doesn't look like I'll be getting the steelbook unless I can talk them into it when I pick it up at the store.
Update: Asked about the steelbook when picking up the order. They tossed one in the bag, no questions.

Thanks for posting this deal, Jodou, and thanks to everyone else for the discussion on how to get it pricematched at BBY. Particularly mojarr0...I basically used your transcript as, well, a script.

That is awesome. I am glad it helped you. I tried to do another one over chat but they also did not include the steelbook because their price match policy does not include bundled items. When I went into bestbuy they didn't know it was price matched, but said in order to get the steelbook I would have to repurchase at full price. I just returned it. I'll try again later.

#84 Willemthefoe  

Willemthefoe

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:43 PM

Did the BB online chat, they helped no problem, also the link for the Pikachu edition from the Meijer website ALSO works for PMing (not sure if that was said here already). I asked about getting the steel book, chat helper informed me that the “free gift included policy” is “all “free gifts” included are included when the item is PURCHASED and that it does NOT matter if that purchase price is MSRP or not”, so I was able to get the steel book as well!

#85 Miker525  

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

Appreciate it. That's the link I've been using and it just comes up blank on any device. Can you get like.. Ip or account banned from chat? Find it quite odd as I've never had a bad or unpleasant experience with chat.

did you get this figured out? Chat isn't loading for me either and I'm not sure why. Neither on my phone nor my laptop in Chrome or Firefox.

#86 skrockij89  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:24 AM

I managed to price match but was told I wouldn't get the steetbook because of the price match. Should I stop by the store and let them know I didn't receive it in the mail? 

#87 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

I managed to price match but was told I wouldn't get the steetbook because of the price match. Should I stop by the store and let them know I didn't receive it in the mail? 

Worst that can happen is they say no. ;)

#88 Alakhira   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Alakhira

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

Thanks! The links and transcript in this thread helped. Used chat to get a price match. I ordered it myself during the chat and they issued a refund to cover the difference. Getting the game plus steelbook via in-store pick up soon.

#89 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

did you get this figured out? Chat isn't loading for me either and I'm not sure why. Neither on my phone nor my laptop in Chrome or Firefox.

Well ironically it started working yesterday. It's definitely an issue on their end.

I had called CS and she said it must be down because she couldn't pull it up either, but it wasn't down since I could pull it up at work.

I gave up but then randomly it started working again. Of course now I have no need for it atm lol.

#90 marlboro2   Old time CAG CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

marlboro2

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:16 AM

I was also able to get the to price match and did in store pickup.  Gave them 44011 as a zip when they asked.  When she said I could price match it, she asked for my info and found my best buy account and asked if I wanted it shipped to my home.  I asked for store pick up and she pulled up my preferred store and said no problem.  Paid, picked up and got the steel book.