Amazon & Best Buy - Yakuza 6 - $20, Yakuza Kiwami 2- $30

Wow. They used to ship $16 orders for free. No longer. Now the shipping cancels out the gcu discount. Damn they really don't want my business anymore. They've made that very clear.

Also, Kiwami 2 is oos, only steelbook edition in stock but that's $10 more.

Wow. They used to ship $16 orders for free. No longer. Now the shipping cancels out the gcu discount. Damn they really don't want my business anymore. They've made that very clear.

Steelbook Edition and standard edition of Kiwami 2 are the same price on Amazon as far as I can tell (and appear to have the same MSRP). Also, I don't believe Best Buy ever carried the standard edition as I only ever saw the steelbook edition sold there.

it's my understanding best buy never got any standard editions. my preorder for it was cancelled and they gave some bs answer about not being able to get any copies, They never got the standard edition of kiwami 1 either. Just steelbook and greatest hits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uh... it's free shipping for me? I'm guessing you aren't Elite or Elite plus?

In for one, I have now bought Yakuza 0, 6, and both Kiwami 1 and 2 and have yet to get around to actually playing any of them! But they are all well reviewed and I'm a sucker for art books... especially for $17 shipped after GCU.

In for one, I have now bought Yakuza 0, 6, and both Kiwami 1 and 2 and have yet to get around to actually playing any of them! But they are all well reviewed and I'm a sucker for art books... especially for $17 shipped after GCU.
Same except I did playthrough Zero. Fantastic story, decent gameplay. Looking forward to someday maybe playing the others. Will have to open them first. Sigh.

Literally me. I've picked them up here and there on clearance for around $15 or less each, because I'm a sucker for steelbooks and artbooks. Have yet to play any, but heard good things so I figured I may as well grab them when they were cheap.

Such great games! Prepare to read a lot though as there are no options for English voices. They also tend to be slow starters, but once you "get it" the experience is so sublime and different from anything else out there.

How are you Elite/Plus already in early March? Dang. IDK, ive just always had free shipping on these $16 (gcu) games, and this is the first time I can remember being charged for shipping.

I ordered Persona 5 on Feb 1 and got free shipping...no idea.

How are you Elite/Plus already in early March? Dang. IDK, ive just always had free shipping on these $16 (gcu) games, and this is the first time I can remember being charged for shipping.

I ordered Persona 5 on Feb 1 and got free shipping...no idea.
Yeah, Elite/Plus carries to the end of February. It effectively ends March 1 of any given year.

Yeah, Elite/Plus carries to the end of February. It effectively ends March 1 of any given year.
So if I spend 1500 on a TV this December, the Elite statues goes away two months later? That would be deplorable. Hoping the year starts the day you reach Elite Status, then resets after reaching ELite Plus. Please tell me thats how it works instead, rather than the former.

Per best buys website, it lasts through the next calendar year from when you meet it .So if you got Elite Plus status 9/1/18. You would have Elite Plus through the entire 2019 year.

What are the start and end dates of My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus?
Your Elite or Elite Plus status begins about 15–20 days after you meet the qualifying purchase amount ($1,500 per calendar year for Elite; $3,500 per calendar year for Elite Plus). Your status continues through the end of the following calendar year, and ends on the last day of the following February. In any subsequent year, you may re-qualify for status when you reach the published spend requirement on qualifying purchases at Best Buy or BestBuy.com during the calendar year, or the spend requirement on your My Best Buy Visa.

bread's done
Back