* * * * * 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 3/10-3/16

#31 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

Also, "Crayola Scoot" for the PS4 is down to $19.99. Overwhelming joy.

#32 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

I would've bought NSMBUD for $32 with GCU if they put the physical version on sale. Not interested in buying Nintendo games digitally tho.

#33 ritchardf  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:10 PM

Thanks, definitely haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully vin the best few days. Does it work on pre orders or just in stock items?

i used mine on a preorder of days gone

#34 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, definitely haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully vin the best few days. Does it work on pre orders or just in stock items?

I got mine like 5 days before it expired

i used mine on a preorder of days gone

Same here, stacked with GCU was $36 i think.

#35 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14451 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Doesn't Division 2 Gold Edition come out on Tuesday?

Correct. Also GS has exclusive physical Ultimate Edition for $20 more.

#36 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14451 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

I would've bought NSMBUD for $32 with GCU if they put the physical version on sale. Not interested in buying Nintendo games digitally tho.

They’re tied to an account now so you can just redownload them. This isn’t Wii U/3DS anymore thankfully.

#37 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

They’re tied to an account now so you can just redownload them. This isn’t Wii U/3DS anymore thankfully.

More secure to not lose purchases definitely, but still a bit of a pain in the ass for digital sharing compared to the ease of say Xbox.

#38 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

How would a GameStop employee feel if you fully pay off a pre order and cancel it

#39 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

I know. I just like having physical copies of games. Especially Nintendo games that will likely retain their value for many years.

#40 dualrec  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

My DMC5 is finally supposed to come today. :)

One of my top 5 favorite series of all time. Maybe top 3.

#41 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2348 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

Also, "Crayola Scoot" for the PS4 is down to $19.99. Overwhelming joy.

That was a price drop that happened awhile ago. Waiting on a further sale before I pick one up.

#42 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy is doing a 9pm (midnight release) for TD2 tonight? Need to swap my store if that is the case.

#43 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2348 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

I wouldn't try changing stores. Stock seems to be extremely limited. I see only a few stores with a single copy in stock (most have 0).

#44 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

That was a price drop that happened awhile ago. Waiting on a further sale before I pick one up.

I was being sarcastic about the title. Maybe you were too, but no...I'm not jonesing for some Crayola Scoot. Not insulting you if you are.

#45 Omni99  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:08 PM

My DMC5 is finally supposed to come today. :)

One of my top 5 favorite series of all time. Maybe top 3.

Yeah, I've played 1-4 and really enjoyed each one (even 2 at the time). Trying to resist paying full price for this one. Especially with stuff coming up like Shadows die twice and MK 11. Glad I saved money not buying stuff like Anthem, Jump Force, or KH3. I'll be needing it.

#46 iamDTS   RockmanExe CAG in Training   3 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

The Caligula Effect: Overdose on Switch for me.

#47 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't try changing stores. Stock seems to be extremely limited. I see only a few stores with a single copy in stock (most have 0).

Yep I am finding that out.  Wish I had seen your message BEFORE the rep told me it would be no issue to swap it to a closer store because they had enough lol.  So, I swapped it yesterday morning and now my store I switched it to got 0, so I re-placed the order back at the store local to my work since they had some in stock as of last night.  Now the game is sold out at that store and my order is still in progress, with the patch apparently in the "preparing" state.  This is the same shit that happened with the first game.  My Gold Edition got cancelled because they didn't have enough.

#48 dualrec  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

wasn't there a 100,000 bonus orbs bonus with deluxe edition or pre-order of DMC 5?  I never received any code, just an alt costume code.

#49 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

wasn't there a 100,000 bonus orbs bonus with deluxe edition or pre-order of DMC 5?  I never received any code, just an alt costume code.

With the Deluxe Edition there was, and it was all in one code with the costumes.

#50 dualrec  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

With the Deluxe Edition there was, and it was all in one code with the costumes.

my code was just the costumes with the deluxe.... did they send wrong code?

#51 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

my code was just the costumes with the deluxe.... did they send wrong code?

Yes

I got the same code with my vanilla edition.  I ended up returning that edition because I was able to get the las Deluxe at my store.  I would call them or go onto their forums and message Gaming-BBY about the issue.  They reply pretty fast.

Screenshot for reference:

s-l1600.png

#52 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14295 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

Just reminded myself that I needed to get on BB's ass about the Anthem pre-order codes they never sent. Kind of a wash for me since I have Legion of Dawn edition, but the GF never got hers. Hopefully they can invest in systems that automate correctly now that GCU has been pulled.

#53 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12438 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:04 AM

Both Persona 5 and Detroit: Become Human are back in stock for shipping at BB for $19.99 each.

#54 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4289 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:01 AM

T

Just reminded myself that I needed to get on BB's ass about the Anthem pre-order codes they never sent. Kind of a wash for me since I have Legion of Dawn edition, but the GF never got hers. Hopefully they can invest in systems that automate correctly now that GCU has been pulled.

Yeah, that sadly won't happen. Even ringing folks out today for the Division 2 Gold Edition, there were prompts for a beta code...for the full game folks just bought. So yeah, BBY's systems are a bit wonky. If you don't get a code for a game or beta, make sure to check that the e-mail account on file is correct. It's easy for folks to just type in the wrong character and people not get codes, and not notice typos due to the font used on the pin pad when you check out and confirm the e-mail. Usually, we can just call our help desk to get not only the e-mail verified, but re-send the code right away. If possible, make sure to use an e-mail address used on your phone.

#55 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14295 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

T

Yeah, that sadly won't happen. Even ringing folks out today for the Division 2 Gold Edition, there were prompts for a beta code...for the full game folks just bought. So yeah, BBY's systems are a bit wonky. If you don't get a code for a game or beta, make sure to check that the e-mail account on file is correct. It's easy for folks to just type in the wrong character and people not get codes, and not notice typos due to the font used on the pin pad when you check out and confirm the e-mail. Usually, we can just call our help desk to get not only the e-mail verified, but re-send the code right away. If possible, make sure to use an e-mail address used on your phone.

My email hasn't changed for longer than BB has had me as a customer, so that wasn't the issue. No, it was just par for the course when games launch and it comes time to issue the rewards. I PM'd them on the forums and got the codes pretty quick, so problem solved.

#56 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

My email hasn't changed for longer than BB has had me as a customer, so that wasn't the issue. No, it was just par for the course when games launch and it comes time to issue the rewards. I PM'd them on the forums and got the codes pretty quick, so problem solved.

Yeah.  This happened to me twice last year -- once with Spider-Man and again with Forza Horizon 4.  The forums are helpful.  I'm just sorry for the folks at Best Buy that half the posts on their gaming forum are about digital codes not coming through.

#57 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

Was finally able to order Detroit this morning, it kept going in and out of stock today.

#58 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

Gonna exchange my TD2 Gold Edition for the regular one.  Anyone know if BBY is doing another 9pm launch tomorrow night?  I called them to ask and they said the game is released tonight at 9pm lol.

#59 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5730 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:12 PM

Anyone in the Wisconsin Area that still has Gamersclub wanna help a gamer out? I get the discount you get the points ?? 

#60 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:21 AM

Woohoo, just got my 25% off coupon for my GCU expiring. Anyone know if it works inn addition to GCU discount. It expires in September so trying to decide if it would be most advantageous to use now before GCU expires or later on.