* - - - - 2 votes

Sekiro Collectors Edition back up for pre-order at Gamestop

#271 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

No, just Demons Souls (which I believe is now on PC) and Bloodborne

Demons souls is still exclusive to ps3, you can run it in rpcs3 though

#272 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

Does demons souls have anything to do with dark souls ?

#273 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15000 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Fully paid off my CE pre order early and was told to come back n pick it up before they close like 8:45. Ofcourse I drive and get there at 9:30 and they’re closed. Smh. Got the letter opener though. Was expecting it to be a bit sharp but a good pre order bonus nonetheless

You were told to be there early and were surprised that they left before 9:30 to go home? What, did you think they would stay there all night? Lol.

My GS apparently got 3 extra CE's so I was able to get one to play and not wait until probably Friday next week when it would have shipped here. Seeing as these are pretty rare, the ones that already shipped look to be in my favor. ;)

#274 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15000 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

Does demons souls have anything to do with dark souls ?

Yes, but it was picked up by Atlus after (then) Sony boss said "this is the worst game I've ever played". They had to rebrand the same game series as Dark Souls in order for Sony to 'fix' their idiotic mistake.

#275 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

You were told to be there early and were surprised that they left before 9:30 to go home? What, did you think they would stay there all night? Lol.

My GS apparently got 3 extra CE's so I was able to get one to play and not wait until probably Friday next week when it would have shipped here. Seeing as these are pretty rare, the ones that already shipped look to be in my favor. ;)

I wouldn't call this rare at all. It was available to order for way too long and stores have extras. Plus the CE is worldwide, it isn't a gamestop exclusive.

What really irks me is how easy it is to get this for free.  Activision has been giving the CE anyway to anyone and everyone.

#276 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15000 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

I wouldn't call this rare at all. It was available to order for way too long and stores have extras. Plus the CE is worldwide, it isn't a gamestop exclusive.

What really irks me is how easy it is to get this for free.  Activision has been giving the CE anyway to anyone and everyone.

The stores in my area were supposed to not get any extra, I just lucked out. Just because it was available for months means nothing. It was a new IP that probably flew under the radar for most people because Souls or Borne wasn't in the name. Sold out everywhere that I can see on launch day makes it pretty rare in my book. Especially given the reviews flowing in now.

#277 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

CE is sold out everywhere.  Still could be limited depending on how many pre-orders there were, which I think it will be.

#278 SPORK94  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Can anyone who got the PC version confirm if the steelbook is a PC or PS4 size steelbook?

#279 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:45 PM

Can anyone who got the PC version confirm if the steelbook is a PC or PS4 size steelbook?

I don't own it, though I can say with certainty the CE for all console editions is the same worldwide. They did not make unique sized steelbooks for the US or different markets either.

#280 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2102 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

Anyone luck out and find Sekiro CE in store? I’m giessing it’s about a .0001% chance.

#281 e Skrilla   OG Percy CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Anyone luck out and find Sekiro CE in store? I’m giessing it’s about a .0001% chance.

Went around lunch to a GS near my job...no bueno. Have two more to go to after work. Not even going to get my hopes up.

#282 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:40 PM

The store search on gs website works for the ce

#283 Cloudx9  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

What really irks me is how easy it is to get this for free. Activision has been giving the CE anyway to anyone and everyone.

How long its been up don't mean anything,
There were quite a few CEs that were available to preorder for months and ended up being rare. Nier Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn are 2 of the examples that comes to mind. The reason these usually stay available for a long time is usually due to the game being under the radar until shortly before release, also resellers not gobbling them up right from the start due to it being a wild card in terms of resell value. However they end up becoming even more rare after selling out cause then you don't have hundreds to thousands of them on Ebay, driving up demand un the secondary market. Siekro looks to be in the same boat. On the other hand there's been a few CEs that quickly sold out initially but in reality there were tons made, most ended up being bought by resellers and once the game released, they realized they can't sell them all and returned them, thus they ended up being tons of them.

#284 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1942 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

The store search on gs website works for the ce

I could be wrong but I'm almost positive it includes pre-orders/reserved copies that people haven't picked up yet. 

#285 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

#286 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Lucked out and found one that an employee says he cancelled an hour before I called

Crazy lucky for a change, made my weekend

#287 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:01 PM

Curious to ask, why would anyone order this for shipping? I only ask because there are nearly just as many gamestops as there are mcdonalds.

Sometimes preorders are shut off in store & still available online or web in store shipping. Other times (Dragon Age Inquisition, Smash, Fire Emblem Three Houses, certain Amiibo, etc.) the ONLY option per GS corporate is the website/web in store.

#288 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1942 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Man part of me wanted to get this but for some reason I thought it wouldn't be wildly difficult to get considering there were CE's for all 3 of its platforms.  Just goes to show you; never take your chances with GS exclusive CE's.  Ever.

#289 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:19 PM

I really taught this was going to come back in stock even for alittle bit last night or today. From people cancel orders or what ever. I'm sure it still might.

#290 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

Kept checking inventory to see if any had been canceled but no luck and just stopped in just in case and someone canceled their Xbox One X version last minute of the CE so it looks like I got one lol!

#291 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

Every gamestop in my area got 2 CE's and they were all pre-ordered. 

#292 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

Give it a few days, maybe a week and you might find some.  I know TD2 Ultimate Editions were gone everywhere, but now they are slowly starting to show up in store.  Although that isn't a fair comparison it is similar with a GS exclusive.

#293 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

Give it a few days, maybe a week and you might find some.  I know TD2 Ultimate Editions were gone everywhere, but now they are slowly starting to show up in store.  Although that isn't a fair comparison it is similar with a GS exclusive.

I don’t see that happening. This is a niche game. It is way too hard for the Call of Fortnitefield crowd. Not really a large market

#294 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

The unexpected winner today is Target. Delivered my Sekiro on release day at 4pm! Usually Target is late. Got it for $40+tax from the B2G1 last year.

#295 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

Side note, now that From Software's contract with Bandai Namco is up, Dark Souls Trilogy is getting harder to find.  Pretty sure it is OOP.  Still available for shipping from most sites but it's only a matter of time before that takes a shit.

#296 Jurai  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:00 AM

Sekiro steelbook restocked at Amazon

#297 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:06 AM

Sekiro steelbook restocked at Amazon

By itself or with the game?

#298 Jurai  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

By itself or with the game?

presumably the bundle listing in stocked as well, I only noticed the solo steelbook was in stock

#299 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:27 AM

Are any of you gonna leave your CE unopened for years, to increase in value? I don't think the Bloodborne CE has risen in value but I wonder what the case will be with Sekiro. As for me, I will likely open it up as soon as I get it.

• DS9 likes this

#300 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:52 AM

Are any of you gonna leave your CE unopened for years, to increase in value? I don't think the Bloodborne CE has risen in value but I wonder what the case will be with Sekiro. As for me, I will likely open it up as soon as I get it.

Most buyers of CEs never open them in hopes it worth millions later.