- - - - -

Sekiro Collectors Edition back up for pre-order at Gamestop

#391 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Only about an hour in so far and just got to the undead soldier who you can train with. First impressions are definitely nervousness in battle... I'm not one to ever die in my games! Strangely a second impression is that the camera is too twitchy, I lowered the sensitivity. The graphics so far seem sub par to me, and I'm playing on a calibrated LG B7 OLED.

#392 Omni99  

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Only about an hour in so far and just got to the undead soldier who you can train with. First impressions are definitely nervousness in battle... I'm not one to ever die in my games! Strangely a second impression is that the camera is too twitchy, I lowered the sensitivity. The graphics so far seem sub par to me, and I'm playing on a calibrated LG B7 OLED.

You and I have the same TV. Nice. I bought it digital finally, trying it out today. In response to what you said earlier, be glad that you don't have a bunch of Souls type gameplay instincts to unlearn. That should help rather than hurt you.

#393 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 PM

https://kotaku.com/s...-1833545053/amp

Solid article I feel most here should read lol.

The biggest takeaway is that those complaining are likely stuck thinking it's a souls game. Thursday night I was so destroyed. I couldn't play for crap and all Friday at work then I kept thinking about why I was failing. Pushing is kind of key in this game. Learning the patterns for successful deflects makes most fights so much easier.

That holds especially true for Madame Buttfly Tyler. Her posture gauge fills up crazy fast and so you feel like you want to keep distance because of her moves but really push the heck out of her. Get the timing for the deflects and be sure to jump over her sweep and you will break her posture in no time.

Upgrade the counter to max, get the HP on kill move skill, upgrade health items. This has been enough for me to last and learn to win. I haven’t had to try any encounters more that 2-3 times.

Also, get the first kill shot in carefully but be aggressive after. The only times I die I try to set up a parry. Better just to block, hit as many times as you can, get out, repeat in many encounters.

Thanks both very helpful!

I just beat her, she's easy if you're aggressive and on the 'twing' sounding block she does to signify she's going to retaliate from blocking you, that's when you can just hold O and run circles around her to bait the ground stomps. Then just lay into her and rinse repeat. Or you can use the axe to catch her mid-air as she's coming down for massive stance and HP damage. I was working with the axe til I ran out of spirit thingies and had to just whittle her down the hard way instead.

Only vital upgrades I've seen are the HP upon DB and the Fang and Blade prosthetic art skill. You get to double-dip the axe for one cost and it's godly, breaking shields/poise instantly for a DB. For combat skill (L1+R1), I don't know the name but the twirl one is fucking useless. There's a better one deeper in the trees that lets you leap forwards with a slashing attack called Nightjar. Having that gap closer is immensely useful for both dodging attacks, while staying on the offense a la combat flow found in the Rocksteady Batman games. I haven't found anything else to be of amazing benefit so far.

Thanks I'll try this tonight. I haven't been playing her aggressive enough

#394 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3924 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

This thread has turned out to be really useful for when I finally decide to play Sekiro.

#395 WeeeDoo  

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Is there anyone here who is unfamiliar with Soulsborne who can offer some input on Sekiro?

#396 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:04 AM

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that it's a good idea to spend all your money in early game on Spirit Emblems while there's nothing else to buy. You're probably going to die quite a few times and lose a ton of money before other uses for money become available so no sense letting it go to waste. That's also a good idea even later before fighting a boss or mini-boss if something you want is unaffordable. Some merchants also sell the coin purses (for a 10% fee) that let you keep your money upon death so those are also an option when an item or upgrade is out of your price range for now and you have plenty of Spirit Emblems in storage. 

I really haven't had much trouble finding items since I like to explore games slowly and thoroughly. Also don't forget to eavesdrop on enemies when that option is available as they will often give clues on how to deal with an upcoming tough enemy.