* - - - - 2 votes

Sekiro Collectors Edition back up for pre-order at Gamestop

#541 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:45 PM

I had the worst time with the firecracker. First it's a learning curve of finding his hitbox for it, then figuring out the ICD before he's vulnerable again. Sometimes I'd second guess that it wasn't going to work and end up wasting the entire stun running. I got it done after maybe half an hour but he's one of the stupider fights because the tool that is meant to make it a breeze ends up being such a hassle itself.

My biggest issue was the grappling hitbox disappearing or just not working. I read a little online after dying the first time what the green triangle meant. And also read how you cannot spam the fireworks, so I only used that move once every minute or so.

#542 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3727 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:41 PM

Might want to kill this thread since the CE is sold out lol

#543 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

Might want to kill this thread since the CE is sold out lol

Nah, the collectors set and actual game are too beast.

#544 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

If someone doesn't find enjoyment in learning mechanics and patterns involved in difficult boss fights, then I don't know why they would play Sekiro. Not everyone is into character action games, difficult old-school games, or any other type that rely on such things. That's the meat and potatoes of Sekiro's gameplay: Learn the mechanics, learn them better because you suck, learn the boss's patterns, conquer, experience elation, advance. This game has had such an odd response from folks that aren't normally into these types of games or struggle with the difficulty. I don't remember the Ninja Gaiden games getting this response, and those are actually much, much harder, as Sekiro's difficulty takes a steep decline once you start to master the game, but the Ninja Gaiden games have no such phenomenon--Ryu has no god-tier counter at his disposal haha.

Everyone is so quick to blast the game's design (usually for imaginary problems or from flat-out misunderstanding something) and justify that them being stuck isn't why they don't like x, y, or z--uhuh, no correlation at all. It's just odd how few detractors--which I know are the overall minority--have really just said "I'm not good at this game. I'm struggling and that makes it not fun. This game is not really for me." That just seems like so much more of a genuine approach.

Just as a recent example: I'm not nearly as good at Smash as I was back in the day, so many of the challenges in Ultimate seem impossible and really piss me off. It's put me off of playing much more of the single player. But, like, I just kinda suck now, and that's okay. It doesn't have to be anything beyond that, and it isn't.

Just my $.02 as this thread has turned into a mix of "I just got the platinum and that was amazing" with "I'm stuck at x or y early, and relatively easy boss, because I'm still quite bad at the game and don't actually get it. So let me explain all of the game's flaws that clearly have nothing to do with the prior sentence."

#545 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:22 AM

If someone doesn't find enjoyment in learning mechanics and patterns involved in difficult boss fights, then I don't know why they would play Sekiro. Not everyone is into character action games, difficult old-school games, or any other type that rely on such things. That's the meat and potatoes of Sekiro's gameplay: Learn the mechanics, learn them better because you suck, learn the boss's patterns, conquer, experience elation, advance. This game has had such an odd response from folks that aren't normally into these types of games or struggle with the difficulty. I don't remember the Ninja Gaiden games getting this response, and those are actually much, much harder, as Sekiro's difficulty takes a steep decline once you start to master the game, but the Ninja Gaiden games have no such phenomenon--Ryu has no god-tier counter at his disposal haha.

Everyone is so quick to blast the game's design (usually for imaginary problems or from flat-out misunderstanding something) and justify that them being stuck isn't why they don't like x, y, or z--uhuh, no correlation at all. It's just odd how few detractors--which I know are the overall minority--have really just said "I'm not good at this game. I'm struggling and that makes it not fun. This game is not really for me." That just seems like so much more of a genuine approach. 

Just as a recent example: I'm not nearly as good at Smash as I was back in the day, so many of the challenges in Ultimate seem impossible and really piss me off. It's put me off of playing much more of the single player. But, like, I just kinda suck now, and that's okay. It doesn't have to be anything beyond that, and it isn't. 

Just my $.02 as this thread has turned into a mix of "I just got the platinum and that was amazing" with "I'm stuck at x or y early, and relatively easy boss, because I'm still quite bad at the game and don't actually get it, so let me explain all of the game's flaws that clearly have nothing to do with the prior sentence."

Can you condense that down to 20 words or less? I skimmed it and it sounded pretentious and preachy so I didn't bother reading it really.

#546 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:24 AM

Can you condense that down to 20 words or less? I skimmed it and it sounded pretentious and preachy so I didn't bother reading it really.

No. Sekiro doesn't have an easy mode and neither does my post lmao.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

#547 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

Challenge accepted.

Git gud or stop whining like a baby back bitch or just stop playing. Boom, 14 words plus this here.

#548 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

I didn't ask if sekiro had an easy mode.

#549 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

#550 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

So is the guide actually out or was it recalled?

I never ordered it due to it coming out long after release, and I got tired of the pricing games fluctuating from $25-$36. Now today it appears to be delisted from amazon. The book is not even listed on futurepress’ website.

#551 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1792 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

So is the guide actually out or was it recalled?

I never ordered it due to it coming out long after release, and I got tired of the pricing games fluctuating from $25-$36. Now today it appears to be delisted from amazon. The book is not even listed on futurepress’ website.

Still on Amazon for 35.99, gotta go through the All Sellers list

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#552 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

It's coming. Mine now says next week for delivery. I got it for $26.43 + tax

#553 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Still on Amazon for 35.99, gotta go through the All Sellers list

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I saw that, though it's saying it's pushed back 1-2 months. If 'pre-orders' didn't sell out after months, I can't imagine the initial batch sold out at MSRP.

#554 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Future Press confirmed that Amazon US would receive their copies this week. So shipping will start soon.

#555 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

Generally a good idea to invest in a future press guide; especially if you enjoy the game it supplements.

#556 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15033 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

Generally a good idea to invest in a future press guide; especially if you enjoy the game it supplements.

They really are for all the souls games. I canceled mine because Sekiro didn't change my opinion of ninja games, I'm just not a fan anymore unless it's a true Tenchu successor.

#557 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23567 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

Learning that the hard way. I stopped following guides a long time ago and had no idea that they did as many guides as they do. 

#558 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

I'm on the last boss now too. He seems tough, but manageable. So far Lady Butterfly is still the hardest one for me, followed by the Demon of Hatred. But I also realized that not only do I not cheese the bosses, I actively resisted using prosthetics or techniques/arts (aside from the malcontent whistle on DOH). I've beaten every boss using only the sword and healing items. That's where all the fun is for me.

I was away last week and last played in the hirata estate. The game seems much easier now playing this level as I have more vitality, power, and heals. I digress, all the enjoyment I have out of the game quickly gets zapped away at boss fights. As of patch 1.03 you cannot cheese lady butterfly. Now this is something I’m okay with... except for the fact that the game cheese you and intentionally sabotages when you’re having a upper hand. Tricks like blocking that doesn’t count, or what bothers me the most, camera tricks that break your lock on her, so you can’t dodge or block her next attack. To describe it, when she bounces around, your camera lock breaks and it spins wildly, so I have no idea where she is and I get nailed for half my health.

It’s these cheats against you to where I find the game so frustrating, and dare I say you have to cheese back just to win.

Edit: just died again in under a minute, when I know I dodged her yet still got nailed. So far at this point in the game I’ve died maybe 4-5 times over maybe ten hours. And now I’ve died to her alone around 15 times in one sitting. It’s at the point the only way to win is to cheese, so it looks like I may be deleting the patch to play the base game just to beat her, the way the devs intended this battle to go. All the love and praise I had for the game up until now has been zapped completely, it's making me loathe the game.