- - - - -

Sekiro Collectors Edition back up for pre-order at Gamestop

#31 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

Ended up ordering one. Kept telling myself I didn't need it but the more I looked at it the more it seemed like a no brainer. Great value for the money and somehow I doubt they'll be available down the line. Same thing I said about NNKII though and I'm still salty about that.

#32 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

Ended up ordering one. Kept telling myself I didn't need it but the more I looked at it the more it seemed like a no brainer. Great value for the money and somehow I doubt they'll be available down the line. Same thing I said about NNKII though and I'm still salty about that.

Just pre sell it on eBay for $250 :beer: it’s what we .........

***gets shot***

#33 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:19 PM

Same here. And for the cherry on top, I also preordered NNK2 day one of announcement half a year in advance, and got the only copy in my Best Buy. Of course it was destroyed and battered release day, like someone kicked it around the warehouse before bring it up to customer service for store pick up. 

That's why I'm probably going to cancel Sekiro. I also preordered it day one six months ago. With it being in stock for so long and now back in stock, I don't trust it. I'd rather wait and play a patched/working game six months down the road for $20 than pay $90 for something that's going to be sitting on my shelf for a while anyway.

#34 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:35 PM

Can't compare this to MNK2. It's a new franchise and it's exclusive to a single retailer. It will not go down in price and it will be gone forever shortly after it releases. If it reviews well, demand for this will go through roof.

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

I don't think people realize that GS has been in this long enough now to properly allocate their numbers in anticipation of being shortchanged (*GLARE PS2*) so when they receive their actual, they will open up orders again for what they have plus any cancellations in the last six months. Then it will open on release day for any remaining inventory, then a week or two later for any reserve held for damaged returns/exchanges. It's an unproven franchise, it's retailer exclusive, and if it gets high ratings it will drive demand through the roof. I'm fairly confident this is going to be another Demon's Souls type sleeper hit from the murmurs going on right now.

#36 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

Some changes, notice the map and now it’s an 8” statue. And apparently the art book is thinner.

https://ibb.co/m04KqxH

https://ibb.co/9pxxnSc

#37 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1317 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:40 AM

Some changes, notice the map and now it’s an 8” statue. And apparently the art book is thinner.

Good eye

#38 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:51 AM

That map went from authentic looking cloth to cheap looking paper at the last minute. At least the coins look better than before.

#39 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

Ended up ordering one. Kept telling myself I didn't need it but the more I looked at it the more it seemed like a no brainer. Great value for the money and somehow I doubt they'll be available down the line.

I preordered when they were first available, later convinced myself that the Amazon steelbook would be enough and canceled the CE, then finally broke down and re-preordered the CE now that they're available again.

Thanks, OP.

#40 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

Just ship it early GameStop

I can’t wait any longer

#41 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

That map went from authentic looking cloth to cheap looking paper at the last minute. At least the coins look better than before.

Sneaky stuff, not sure if GS even aware of this, they still use the old pic

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#42 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

This looks like it could be another Fallout 76 canvas bag situation.  The price seems great but I will be disappointed if they switched out the nice looking art book for one of the usual cheap mini collector’s edition art books.  The coins do look better but as others pointed out the map looks like cheap paper now. 

#43 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

This looks like it could be another Fallout 76 canvas bag situation.  The price seems great but I will be disappointed if they switched out the nice looking art book for one of the usual cheap mini collector’s edition art books.  The coins do look better but as others pointed out the map looks like cheap paper now. 

Would be illegal as its misinformation. Preorders are based on what was advertised at that time. They can't switch it last minute or they can be in deep shit.

#44 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

Would be illegal as its misinformation. Preorders are based on what was advertised at that time. They can't switch it last minute or they can be in deep shit.

Activision might get away with this tho, this time it is not as blatant as Bethesda. The coverup is already happening: the official website and even ebgames.ca.

#45 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Activision might get away with this tho, this time it is not as blatant as Bethesda. The coverup is already happening: the official website and even ebgames.ca.

Just make sure everything is documented from the beginning til launch. Someone posted before and after photos, that is already a good start as it sets a precedence of false advertising from early on.

#46 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Fallout 76 specifically used the term "canvas" in their ads though.  As far as I know Sekiro never specified 'cloth' map or how many pages or size of an art book.  Since the ads did not detail the content or quality of those items in bigger images or specifications, they will most likely get away with this.  Hell, even Fallout 76 probably would not lose in a court, legally.  It sucks, but false advertisement, especially when it comes to pre-order, is very difficult a case to prove in a court.

#47 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Fallout 76 specifically used the term "canvas" in their ads though. As far as I know Sekiro never specified 'cloth' map or how many pages or size of an art book. Since the ads did not detail the content or quality of those items in bigger images or specifications, they will most likely get away with this. Hell, even Fallout 76 probably would not lose in a court, legally. It sucks, but false advertisement, especially when it comes to pre-order, is very difficult a case to prove in a court.

Ding ding! Activision learned the Bethesda lesson and was very careful not to describe each CE item in great detail, right from the beginning.

Although I don't agree Bethesda actually won the 76 canvas bag fiasco, their concession to reimburse with the advertised bag proved they were not confident winning in court.

#48 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Image doesn't mean shit as there is fine print stating, and I quote, "APPEARANCE OF FINAL CONTENTS MAY VARY".  It is the first line in the description of both photos guys lol.

#49 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

Personally I'm actually glad that the statue grew from 7 inches to 8.  We will see if it actually turns out to be 8 though.

#50 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3924 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

The steelbook and statue are what I want most, so the statue being 1" bigger is a plus to me. I will look at the artbook and scroll one time and they will be put away. So the supposed change is not that bad to me. I will display the statue like I do all my gaming figures.

#51 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:52 AM

Personally I'm actually glad that the statue grew from 7 inches to 8.  We will see if it actually turns out to be 8 though.

There's a penis joke in there somewhere. . .

#52 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:53 AM

Image doesn't mean shit as there is fine print stating, and I quote, "APPEARANCE OF FINAL CONTENTS MAY VARY".  It is the first line in the description of both photos guys lol.

Forunately that means nothing. It has the same weight as the EULA of software does. Thankfully the courts don’t tolerate deception. We will just have to wait and see how bad this plays out. It might be along the likes of the F76 nylon bag issue.

#53 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:06 AM

So your gonna sue them if your map isn’t torn canvas?

#54 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:07 AM

So your gonna sue them if your map isn’t torn canvas?

Did you mock the people who got ripped off after buying the F76 CE? Deception and false advertising is illegal. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $5 value or $5,000,000.

#55 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:35 AM

Not mocking you was just asking

Pictures of the change been out for weeks not just yesterday. Pics of the statue are out and it looks amazing in detail and quality.

#56 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6129 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

Did you mock the people who got ripped off after buying the F76 CE? Deception and false advertising is illegal. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $5 value or $5,000,000.

Actually, it does matter.  Assuming somebody actually brought suit, the court would look at a variety of evidence including what was in the description (including any protective language about actual contents varying from that pictured or described), the differences between what was described and what was delivered, whether or not individuals had the opportunity to cancel their orders, the difference in value between what was pictured or described and what was delivered, whether or not the retailer accepted returns, etc...Bethesda agreed to provide the replacement bags to avoid a public relations disaster, not because they were super worried about lawsuits and certainly, every major retailer would have accepted a return if people were that upset about the change.  

#57 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:42 AM

Well last time blood borne CE was available for pre order, the image at bestbuy looked like it would look like the one EU would get. But the NA version is much different

#58 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

Just ship it early GameStop

I can’t wait any longer

No kidding. A shame GS says this is only shipping for me on the 22nd, which is launch day. Was hoping to have it ON launch day.

And ya'll....don't forget about the katana letter opener!! Could be handy for fending off home invasion intruders also.

#59 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:16 AM

Forunately that means nothing. It has the same weight as the EULA of software does. Thankfully the courts don’t tolerate deception. We will just have to wait and see how bad this plays out. It might be along the likes of the F76 nylon bag issue.

Lay off the Phoenix Wright bro.

#60 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

While I can't wait to get the CE in my hand, ironically I am worried that the price is too good to be true.  I have never seen a package equivalent to an AAA game plus 8 inch figurine, art book, Steelbook, map, and coins provided for this price point.  As long as the figurine is not an absolute crap, I am willing to forgive lack of quality in other stuff.  Steelbook in itself looks amazing.

Especially given that Gamestop is offering the letter opener.