* - - - - 2 votes

Sekiro Collectors Edition back up for pre-order at Gamestop

#151 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

Ya'll...please let us know when you get a notification that your CE has shipped, if you can...thanks.

#152 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:05 AM

Good news, bad news. Stores have already received stock as well as preorders bonuses. Bad news is the letter opener is decorative only. It’s crazy light and very thin plastic. If you even try to use it it will surely break.

B6190F0E-6EBD-4190-9FE6-3C07FE137FF7.jpeg

#153 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Now that the game is out (unofficially), I'm hoping the rumors I'm hearing are not true, that the game is only 7 hours long and more of a tech demo than a full game.

#154 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

Short and sweet, plus a professional overview of the CE:

#155 Omni99  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:39 AM

Now that the game is out (unofficially), I'm hoping the rumors I'm hearing are not true, that the game is only 7 hours long and more of a tech demo than a full game.

Where did you see that? So far I'm seeing that it's "definitely not a Souls game", which is a plus for me. Another person had a very Tenchu like description of playing the game (without realizing it sounded like that I think) but who knows.

I still think this game gets 8-9's on Thursday unless everyone is missing some major issue.

#156 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

Where did you see that? So far I'm seeing that it's "definitely not a Souls game", which is a plus for me. Another person had a very Tenchu like description of playing the game (without realizing it sounded like that I think) but who knows.

I still think this game gets 8-9's on Thursday unless everyone is missing some major issue.

Personally I'm hoping for more of Tenchu than Dark Souls as I've never been a fan of that style of gameplay.

As to where, reddit. People already have the game as it's out in many stores all over Europe. There have been several comments stating how short the game is.

#157 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

I would take everything that guy has said with a grain of salt lol.

#158 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:50 AM

I would take everything that guy has said with a grain of salt lol.

Careful bro. He might say you have an agenda lol

#159 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:55 AM

Careful bro. He might say you have an agenda lol

Haha classic. Anyone who tunes into reddit or other websites from random people as their source of info on whether a game will be good are mouth breathers.

I remember there were enough people on forums complains about Marvel’s Spider-man downgrade and graphics and that game turned out great.

I remember fanboys worried the original PS4 model would “wobble” because it didn’t lay completely flat and that argument was shut down the day the system launched.

Random people on forums barely ever deliver correct information.

#160 Omni99  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:56 AM

Personally I'm hoping for more of Tenchu than Dark Souls as I've never been a fan of that style of gameplay.

As to where, reddit. People already have the game as it's out in many stores all over Europe. There have been several comments stating how short the game is.

The Reddit is where I was looking. Unless I just didn't scroll down far enough. Just read some guy say that he's 3 hours in and hasn't seen the 2nd boss yet. At least two players I read have over 30 hours into the game already.

#161 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:58 AM

Has anyone who placed an order for the CE within the last week gotten a shipment notification?

#162 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:26 AM

I ordered last week no shipment cofirmation. They took the money a few days ago

I went with the free shipping option that says edge 2-4 days.

#163 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:36 AM

Yea that’s what mine was. I gotta check my credit card again and see if it was charged.

#164 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:42 AM

The Reddit is where I was looking. Unless I just didn't scroll down far enough. Just read some guy say that he's 3 hours in and hasn't seen the 2nd boss yet. At least two players I read have over 30 hours into the game already.

That’s good to hear. One commenter was very adamant about the shortness and how “we shall see” come Friday when the reviews are out.

I’m taking all hearsay just as that and reserving opinions until Friday.

#165 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:49 AM

I ordered last week no shipment cofirmation. They took the money a few days ago

I went with the free shipping option that says edge 2-4 days.

My order is still in the funds authorization stage....been nearly a week. I also went with Edge.

As far as the game's length, I realize this is a quote from last year at VG247, but:

"Speaking to VG247 in an interview at Gamescom 2018, Yasuhiro Kitao, FromSoftware promotions and communications manager, confirmed that Sekiro will be similar in size and scope to other recent games from the studio."

#166 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2952 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:50 AM

It’s weird. Even though I was logged in it still made my order as a guest. Been doing that shit for the last couple orders I have placed.

#167 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:33 AM

Honestly this is great value. It’s better than blood borne CE. It’s simple and sold at a good price.

Anyone know if most GameStop’s are doing a 9pm release for this bad boy? Also if that sword he’s holding is removable, I wonder if the letter opener fits in his hands too.

#168 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:36 AM

Honestly this is great value. It’s better than blood borne CE. It’s simple and sold at a good price.
Anyone know if most GameStop’s are doing a 9pm release for this bad boy? Also if that sword he’s holding is removable, I wonder if the letter opener fits in his hands too.

Most stores probably are. I haven’t come across one that isn’t. And no, the letter opener is much larger than the snap on statue sword.

#169 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5777 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:38 AM

My store called me today saying that they’re having a 9pm release. Give your local store a call. Plus my store mentioned the that preorders also receive a digital soundtrack and a digital artbook.

#170 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

GameStop doesn’t ship until the day it releases unless you paid for day one delivery. Then it will ship the day before

#171 Cloudx9  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

Well for those of you wondering if the game is good or not, TheRadBrad on YouTube is already streaming the playthrough so you can go judge yourself.

#172 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

money got placed back into my account today.

#173 Cloudx9  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

money got placed back into my account today.

This is standard practice, when I preoredered RE2 CE they took money out on Jan 19th, put it back and then didn't charge me again until after it shipped out.

#174 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:40 PM

Thanks, for me on my amazon orders the money normally comes back to my account the day before delivery. Then out again the day of.

I was hoping it was an indication of shipping soon.

#175 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4459 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

Well for those of you wondering if the game is good or not, TheRadBrad on YouTube is already streaming the playthrough so you can go judge yourself.

From what I’ve seen today it’s a hybrid tenchu/bloodbourn. I’m excited and yet nervous as I’ve never played a dark souls game.

#176 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

So pumped for this.  Pre-ordered in store months ago and just stopped in to trade stuff and payoff the CE and found out about the 9 pm opening.  I've avoided reading/looking much into this just because I was hooked from the initial announcement and I trust Miyazaki.  What gameplay I have seen and the launch trailer immediately makes it feel more like Tenchu than Dark Souls, which is fine with me, absolutely loved Tenchu.  Pumped for 9 pm tomorrow.

#177 e Skrilla   OG Percy CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:57 PM

*Looks at ebay* :shock:

Looks like I'm taking an L on this one. Had no idea this was having a CE and I have all DS and the bloodborne CE's :(

#178 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3306 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

I call my local gamestop and they mention something about finalizing the transaction by 6 pm or after.  Does that mean I have to finish paying for the item by that time? or after 6pm?

#179 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

What was in the Bloodborne CE? Is the Sekiro CE better?

#180 Cloudx9  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

What was in the Bloodborne CE? Is the Sekiro CE better?

I think Bloodborne CE just has a Steelbook and Artbook.