- - - - -

Walmart trade-in program still in effect?

#1 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

It's been over a year since I last traded in a game through Walmart's program; I just checked several games, including some very new titles, and am being met with a trade-in value of one cent for every game I type in.

Is this just a weird hiccup, or did I miss this program's discontinuation at some point in the last year or so?

#2 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9936 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:27 AM

The values changed to one cent a few weeks ago. Around 2 months ago, many old games were removed from the trade in database, then values got lowered to $0.05 for older games that still could be traded in then the change to one cent. It's a shame because they were one of the few places to take last gen games with reasonable trade in values.

#3 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Well, damn.

I'll always have fond memories of my purchase of the PSVR launch bundle at Walmart, as the gal ringing up the sale was as delighted as I was watching the total price plummet, one trade-in printout at a time. I ended up buying that sucker for less than half price that day.

Thanks for the info, YoshiFan.