CAGcast #583: Reverse Sponsors

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Captain Marvel, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Borderlands 3 hype, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 7 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys! Claim your trial offer at harrys.com/cag!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - The Naked and Famous - Young Blood (Dekade Remix)
Outro - Grand Hotel Audience Reaction Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
       I'm learning so much from Wombat's Arby's lootboxes. I'm 46 and have never heard of the term 'Spode' pottery until today even though I have seen this type of dinnerware my entire life.

Oh and just in case Arby's doesn't include a CD or cassette single of this in one of his remaining Arby's boxes, have a quick little CAG Flashback to 1987 and listen to Terence Trent D'Arby's single... 'Wishing Well'     Great song!

Suggestion for next week's CAGcast title: 'Terence Trent D'Arbys'

'Wishing Well' by Terence Trent D'Arbys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynIHsHYaig0

I thought the podcast was FINE, mmmm hmmmm. :)

On a more serious note as a long time listener who really enjoys the podcast I have some feedback. I catch myself listening to the podcast for the beginning where you guys are talking about what happened in your lives this week, movies and series you watched, and general banter. This is the best part of the show, it's like catching up with old friends and just having a guys night out.

Unfortunately I feel the podcast tends to drag towards the end when the gaming discussion begins. I'm not sure why, but it feels you guys sometimes are just going through the motions. One segment that comes to mind is New Releases where there never seems to be any interesting discussion except when there is a big game release. One idea is to just cut this out and just talk about what you guys played this week. It doesn't matter what came out, I can go get that news and in-depth discussion else where. 

The podcast at this point is really a personality driven entertainment show. I'm sure most listeners come to hear Cheapy, Shipwreck and Wombat and the awesome dynamic between you guys. It would be much better if you guys re-focused the show so that it centers around you guys and your passionate discussions and disagreements. Just talk about interesting topics, it can be gaming related or not.

One great example of a consistently great show is Rooster Teeth's podcast. That used to be a video game focused show but then morphed into a personality show where people tune-in to hear their conversations which can be about ANY topic.

Thanks for the great show. I listen every week and  it really makes my long NJ-NYC commute much better. Hopefully we can get another Manhattan or Brooklyn meet and greet soon?

In relation to Show Feedback, check out the music video to go with CheapyD's "7 Days" parody of Ariana Grande's song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJoJiZqwqyo

I thought the podcast was FINE, mmmm hmmmm. :)

On a more serious note as a long time listener who really enjoys the podcast I have some feedback. I catch myself listening to the podcast for the beginning where you guys are talking about what happened in your lives this week, movies and series you watched, and general banter. This is the best part of the show, it's like catching up with old friends and just having a guys night out.

Unfortunately I feel the podcast tends to drag towards the end when the gaming discussion begins. I'm not sure why, but it feels you guys sometimes are just going through the motions. One segment that comes to mind is New Releases where there never seems to be any interesting discussion except when there is a big game release. One idea is to just cut this out and just talk about what you guys played this week. It doesn't matter what came out, I can go get that news and in-depth discussion else where.

The podcast at this point is really a personality driven entertainment show. I'm sure most listeners come to hear Cheapy, Shipwreck and Wombat and the awesome dynamic between you guys. It would be much better if you guys re-focused the show so that it centers around you guys and your passionate discussions and disagreements. Just talk about interesting topics, it can be gaming related or not.

One great example of a consistently great show is Rooster Teeth's podcast. That used to be a video game focused show but then morphed into a personality show where people tune-in to hear their conversations which can be about ANY topic.

Thanks for the great show. I listen every week and it really makes my long NJ-NYC commute much better. Hopefully we can get another Manhattan or Brooklyn meet and greet soon?
I agree with basically everything that was written here.

Also, the Arby's loot crate discussion has been great. If Wombat doesn't want to keep any of the stuff from the loot boxes once it's finished, you guys should have some sort of ridiculous contest to give it away what he doesn't want. I'm sure there's someone out there who would want to win Wombat's scarf or dice or whatever...

I don’t know if this has been touched on but As someone who used to work at Arby’s I can tell you the meat and everything was prepped each morning.

I had to slice all the tomatoes and lettuce.

I cooked roast beef every day. I made bacon every morning. The other meats were similar to a whole piece of meat that you would get from a deli. We sliced that just like a deli would.

We used a forecast form to estimate how much of each thing we would use that day and I would prep that amount hoping not to go over because we didn’t want day old product the next day.

Who says an Iron Man video game can't happen today? Looks like Iron Man VR has just been announced. Time for those Iron Fans to put their money where their mouth is and pony up for PSVR.

Still, Spider-Man is hands down a more marketable and interesting superhero. Sorry Wombat.

Going back to Ship's idea of progression in Battle Royale games: why not offer you to keep a portion of your loot to the next game based on how long you lasted. Something like this:

100-80th place: keep all your loot you found until next game

79-50th place: keep 50% of what you found until next game (random)

49-25th place: keep 1 item you found for the next game (random)

24-11th place: no loot for your next game

10-1st place: no "hold-over" loot for you anymore (and all "progression" gets turned off on this account from now on to prevent you from "throwing" the match)

bread's done
Back