Hyperkin SupaBoy SFC $49.99 @ walmart.com

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just grabbed a SupaBoy SFC for $49.99 plus tax:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyperkin-Supaboy-S-Portable-SNES/460309755

The title on the page says “SupaBoy S” but the pictures and description show that it is the SFC model. This is the most recent model that allows you to switch between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Supposedly the best of all 3 models available. Ive been eyeballing these things for years, so at this price I figured I’d finally bite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an older version and I love it. I might get a modded cartridge so I dont have to keep switching out retro carts for fear of causing too much wear.

Thanks for the confirmation. I try to avoid Amazon when I can and go with the company actually making the deals instead of matching them. Just grabbed one from Walmart.

Yes, Thanks for the update! I ordered 2, but I don't really need 2. I just need to find out how I can get modded carts.
Define modded carts, like a flash cart? The original sd2snes dropped in price because of the pro version, but can play all of the games, it's the pricier flash cart option but also the highest compatible. That being said I'm not sure how it might affect battery life with it's on board fpga etc

Define modded carts, like a flash cart? The original sd2snes dropped in price because of the pro version, but can play all of the games, it's the pricier flash cart option but also the highest compatible. That being said I'm not sure how it might affect battery life with it's on board fpga etc
Yeah. I just don't want to ruin my carts with putting them in and taking them out of the handheld, so I just need an alternative that allows me to flash a cart with the game I want to play. Have a link or a place where I can find something like that? I have Googled it a lot, but I haven't found anything that seems promising.

Yeah. I just don't want to ruin my carts with putting them in and taking them out of the handheld, so I just need an alternative that allows me to flash a cart with the game I want to play. Have a link or a place where I can find something like that? I have Googled it a lot, but I haven't found anything that seems promising.
The sd2snes loads games off an SD card, so you'd never need to remove the actual cart if you didn't want to

I know that your heart's in the right place, but the review you posted is for a much older model of the product featured in this deal. The original Supaboy has had two revisions since that review was written. The first is the Supaboy S, and the most recent one is the Supaboy Sfc. This deal is for the newest version; which is why so many posters (including myself) are excited to order one.

It definitely makes one nostalgic for the era of 90's portables like the Game Gear where the things are ludicrously huge.

Received mine from Walmart today. It is the SFC version and it is awesome. Definitely rediculously large, but pretty comfortable to play on. Screen and sound both good as well. Worth the $50 for sure.

Confimed I got 2 of the SFC. I only need one, but instead of returning one, I don't mind selling one at cost + shipping. Just PM me and we can exchange info.

Lol, I'm just an idiot. I didn't remove it from the package and I thought it was the S. Then when I later took it out of the package to return I was shocked to see that it actually was an SFC. So I did keep it and I'm pretty happy given the price.
Lol! On both my receipts, it shows the regular S. But both mine are definitely the SFC. No one is following up in my offer for one, so I am probably going to print a return label and ship it back this week.

I will probably wait until Blck Friday to buy an sd2snes Pro so I can play the crap out of this system! I hear that they are 20% off during that time.

I will probably wait until Blck Friday to buy an sd2snes Pro so I can play the crap out of this system! I hear that they are 20% off during that time.
Stone age gamer does sales every Friday on different carts, tbh the non pro might easily fill your needs and save you some money

Stone age gamer does sales every Friday on different carts, tbh the non pro might easily fill your needs and save you some money
Cool man, thanks for the info. I may go that route. I guess I should check the games I want to play are compatable with the Everdrive, then!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back