- - - - -

Target Labo Sets B&M $20.xx each

#31 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

Decided to check a different Target today, hoping to get lucky. This is midtown Target in Charlotte, NC. DCPI tracker didn't show they had any Labo, but they had 3 Vehicle kits left. Grabbed one.

Gonna try a different Target tomorrow. Hoping to find a Variety kit. Inventory just doesn't seem to be accurate all the time, which I guess is probably true anywhere.

#32 7String   7 string rules CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

Yes,....one instance indeed.......and using reason, I can tell you with certainty that is called “the first” instance when a precedent is set and then everything follows suit , savvy?

#33 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Still pretty pricey for cardboard.

#34 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

Almost as if there was software developed and bundled inside as well...

#35 theeipi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:05 AM

as an adult, i found the concept interesting.  my daughter though, LOVED building them, playing the games, and showcasing them to her friends and relatives.  She's 5 and at times needed help folding but in general could keep pace with the directions.

#36 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

Has anyone tried to order for in-store pickup, then returned it and re-bought for the in-store price? Think that would work?

#37 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

If they are out of stock you might be able to get a rain check for when they get them back in stock or if you visit another Target a week from now or something and they have it.

If the worker gives you a puzzled look when you ask for a rain check tell them to type "9801" and then the DPCI and it should prompt them to print out a rain check. Price is good for 30 days from issuing of rain check.

Disclosure: some items are not eligible for rain checks haven't checked this one myself.

#38 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get rainchecks for the Variety and the Robot kits.

Had the run-around though. Electronics told me they don't do rainchecks, and they called someone on walkie to verify. I went to CS, who said they also don't do rainchecks. I informed me that the Target website says they do. The CS girl called someone on walkie, and they told her how to do it. They were told to do what litepink said above, to type 9801, etc.

Now I hope they come back in stock in the next few weeks. Raincheck is valid until 5/14.

#39 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14666 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

Saw a headline today that Nintendo unveiled a box to store these in. Yes, in 2019 Nintendo has found a way to sell people a fucking empty box.

#40 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Saw a headline today that Nintendo unveiled a box to store these in. Yes, in 2019 Nintendo has found a way to sell people a fucking empty box.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yy2MWttoyno

Looks to be 800 yen, so not terrible, but a little silly.

#41 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

We're these kits ever ranked in terms of best to worst?

#42 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:22 AM

We're these kits ever ranked in terms of best to worst?

. From what I understand robot is last. The newest one us best

#43 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1065 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

I visited six Targets in Kansas and the Kansas City area on Friday and Saturday and all but one of them were completely sold out of Labo.  The one store (in Salina, KS) that did have Labo left had a few Variety and Robot Kits left.

#44 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

Not entirely on topic, but if anyone has advice on the most cost effective way to buy a new switch, along with the necessary add ons and a few games, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now the best I'm seeing is getting it from Target w registry discount, and using a GameStop b2g1 coupon for a few games. Anything better out there?

#45 Madzane  

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

There’s been random EBay and Facebook deals on the console if you can wait it out. Also it’s rumored there will be one or two revised systems announced this year. With E3 around the corner it might be worth waiting.

#46 asianxcore   ...In Parseltongue CAGiversary!   6084 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:15 AM

How easy are these things to break down and put back in the box once you're finished?

I can only speak for the RC Car (Variety Kit) so far but that one was early to breakdown and put back in the box.

Last week, I picked up (2) of the Variety Kit's at a Target closest to the school I teach at. Integrated the Labo into my Studio Art Curriculum and my students are having a blast so far.

They are currently building the Fishing Rod (Variety Kit) & Piano (Variety Kit), which both look a bit more complicated to break down after use, especially the Piano.

#47 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14666 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:23 AM

Not entirely on topic, but if anyone has advice on the most cost effective way to buy a new switch, along with the necessary add ons and a few games, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now the best I'm seeing is getting it from Target w registry discount, and using a GameStop b2g1 coupon for a few games. Anything better out there?

Sadly BF was your best bet for straight up savings. A few weeks ago if you had a Fry's local, there was a 20% off coupon that people took advantage of on top of the free gift card promo that was going on. Other than that, it's pretty much quiet until E3. Might see a $50-100 price drop at that time if you can wait the three months or so, but there's no solid guarantee there either.

#48 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:38 AM

Yeah, I regret not buying a Switch last BF. Guess I'll just have to wait for this year's BF because I'm not paying more than $180.

#49 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

Used a raincheck today to get the Robot Labo for $17.99. The electronics guy was pissed and said I shouldn't have been given a raincheck for it. Said he didn't think rainchecks were done anymore.

#50 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

Used a raincheck today to get the Robot Labo for $17.99. The electronics guy was pissed and said I shouldn't have been given a raincheck for it. Said he didn't think rainchecks were done anymore.

LMAO, that’s none of his concern. Shut up and give me the item I’m paying for...

#51 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Translation: "WAAAH, only I should get cheap Nintendo stuff".

As the other poster said, this was none of his business. Sorry you had to deal with this, but I'm glad you got the Labo!

#52 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10407 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:12 PM

Translation: "WAAAH, only I should get cheap Nintendo stuff".

As the other poster said, this was none of his business. Sorry you had to deal with this, but I'm glad you got the Labo!

Yeah, I imagined he was butthurt that he didn't get the deal himself. That's how it came across to me, at least.

I still have a raincheck for the Variety kit, if I can find it. I wanted that one most, but I haven't seen it yet. My raincheck expires early May, I think, so I don't have much time left.

#53 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, I imagined he was butthurt that he didn't get the deal himself. That's how it came across to me, at least.

I still have a raincheck for the Variety kit, if I can find it. I wanted that one most, but I haven't seen it yet. My raincheck expires early May, I think, so I don't have much time left.

Just moved up to Charlotte from Wilmington, for work. So, hello fellow resident!

#54 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I regret not buying a Switch last BF. Guess I'll just have to wait for this year's BF because I'm not paying more than $180.

I can see this is you're waiting to see what's coming but if it's just you're not willing to buy it and there is no new versions, I would suggest reconsidering. The Switch is worth every bit of the $300 I paid at launch and then some. I would argue for the value I've gotten way more of my money's work out of it than my Xbox One or PS4. So many things to play and if you havent owned one before saying the portable mode will change the way you appreciate games is an understatement.

If it's just the age or value of the system that you're concerned about you will get everything out of it you want and then some

#55 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:52 AM

I did I price check on the vehicle kit with a shelf price of $69.99 and it showed $69.99

Am I missing something? Does it ring up lower than one of those price checkers?

#56 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:34 AM

I did I price check on the vehicle kit with a shelf price of $69.99 and it showed $69.99

Am I missing something? Does it ring up lower than one of those price checkers?

This was last month, thread was just bumped because someone used a raincheck.