- - - - -

Sega genesis mini preorders are live

#241 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2384 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

Someone at SD reported that the Genesis Mini 6-button controller is on sale at $15 for Prime members.  I don't have Prime, so I can't confirm.

Can anyone tell the difference between the linked above controller (actually called 8-button controller on amazon) and this one launching in September https://www.gamestop...rt-black/177503 ?

I guess the amazon one has two shoulder buttons and a middle 'mode' button that Retro-Bit is cutting out for the September release?

#242 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

Can anyone tell the difference between the linked above controller (actually called 8-button controller on amazon) and this one launching in September https://www.gamestop...rt-black/177503 ?

I guess the amazon one has two shoulder buttons and a middle 'mode' button that Retro-Bit is cutting out for the September release?

Thanks. Reminded me I needed to order a 6 button for genesis mini. I got the Amazon one because well, I hate gamestop. But they should be the same 

#243 Titan X   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:53 PM

Thanks. Reminded me I needed to order a 6 button for genesis mini. I got the Amazon one because well, I hate gamestop. But they should be the same

#244 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

Early Genesis Mini review impressions are starting to trickle in, and they all seem to be pretty positive. It looks like M2 has delivered on the software side of things, and Sega did a solid job on the hardware and exterior shell. Anyone who pre-ordered can rest easy on this one. We're not going to be getting a second Playstation Classic.

#245 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

Only thing I saw negative is that there is a slight lag in the sound effects in games. Or at least that is what Game Sack's review shows.

#246 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:34 PM

Apparently they fixed the lag input on the wily wars

#247 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:49 AM

Only thing I saw negative is that there is a slight lag in the sound effects in games.

This would be an astounding oversight in an M2-developed product.

#248 Madzane  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:47 AM

Apparently they fixed the lag input on the wily wars

That....is fantastic, I wonder if they did anything with the slowdown?

#249 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2728 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

Watched a couple of videos covering this with the main one being from My Life in Gaming.  Overall it sounds like the system is pretty decent.  I doubt the sound lag or the graphic errors on lines when moving, or the square pixels would bother me much.  In another video someone took apart the system and while the processor appears to be new the ram is clearly 256mb.  So the same as the NES/SNES Classic but 1/4 of what the PSC has.  Additionally the emulator is custom for these games... but if it's not compatible with a lot of other games then I'm sure people will just port over other emulators if/when it gets hacked.   Overall for $80, I think I'll just stick with playing these games by other means (compilations/ports/etc).  I did enjoy the Genesis but I don't go back to many of these games enough to warrant this where as a Saturn Mini would possibly get my money and a Dreamcast Mini would no doubt have me itching to see what the game list was as that was my favorite Sega system.

#250 J8sonMesser_   Editor-in-Chief of Cheat Code Central CAG Newbie   5 Posts   Joined 0.0 Years Ago  

J8sonMesser_

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

Hope it still comes with blast processing!