Resident Evil 2 $39.99/$31.99 GCU Bestbuy.com PS4, Xbone

I want this but ever since my gcu expired things I'd normally buy I hesitate on a lot now. I'd have got this at 32 with gcu but without it I feel like waiting till it's much less. It's odd, when I had gcu I spent more money at bestbuy and without it I spend less.

$30 pre GCU is my price point...I'm guessing mid to late April. I believe those saying it's worth full price from what I've seen. I just have too much of a backlog and patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not going to but it offered an extra 2$ off for instore pick up in one hour.So 41.79 after tax not bad considering this is the hot 4K game ATM. I just got my Xonex and new Gaming monitor 4K HDR umm yes. See you next year, with this and RDR2

If you think this game is a mere reskin, you obviously know nothing about it lol.
Yeah that original post may be a joke, but for those that don't know, this is a complete remake of RE2. Not a remaster, it's a remake. The graphics are entirely in line with one would expect from a 2019 game. And the gameplay absolutely holds up. I'm usually not a fan of horror games, but they nail the atmosphere so well in this game IMO.

Yeah that original post may be a joke, but for those that don't know, this is a complete remake of RE2. Not a remaster, it's a remake. The graphics are entirely in line with one would expect from a 2019 game. And the gameplay absolutely holds up. I'm usually not a fan of horror games, but they nail the atmosphere so well in this game IMO.
Isn't the game single player only and doesn't it take 8-9 hours to beat?

If so, $20 or less.

If you think this game is a mere reskin, you obviously know nothing about it lol.
The story, characters, settings, items, and core gameplay are all the same yes? Not debating the level of effort to remaster the graphics, a la RE1 on GameCube. I fully understand what this is and it's still a game from 1998 remade, thus not a $60 product IMO.

Isn't the game single player only and doesn't it take 8-9 hours to beat?
If you're just in it for the story, sure...but the real meat and potatoes is the extra challenges they throw at you which promotes multiple playthroughs. Learning to play the game as quickly and as efficiently as you can is where the real fun lies.

why come into a thread just to say a game is still too expensive? like who cares that you think that?

and on top of that no it isn't true, same core story yes but there are tons of changes
Well... this website is called "cheapassgamer". $40 isn't cheap for a video game, and it sure as hell doesnt fall under being a "cheapassgamer".

Its remade sure, but it's an idea from 1998. Nothing new.

Well... this website is called "cheapassgamer". $40 isn't cheap for a video game, and it sure as hell doesnt fall under being a "cheapassgamer".

i think $40 is very cheap for a great game, and not everybody here wants everything for free

will the next Mario or Zelda game be "nothing new" because the story is the same? what about Star Wars, the idea is the same right?

have you played the game or do you just like to pretend you know everything?

Boy, do I ever want to jump on this, but what's the DLC situation for this game?  I worry there's going to be a complete edition down the road.

I beat Leon's scenario A at launch and then traded it in, but  I kind of want to pick this up for Claire scenario B. Worth it? How is the DLC?

I can wait a while longer. This will probably be $19.99 by the end of summer. I regret paying $40 for RE7 a few months after release as it kept dropping.

It’s cheapass not dumbass.

In the time it’s taken for you to post your baseless word garbage, you could have watched a YouTube video or looked at several review aggregates to dismiss your claims.

You don’t have to justify what you consider value. Especially since you offer none to this thread.

All games get cheaper over time except for a few of Nintendo’s evergreens. Just how it goes, wait a few months and it’ll be $20-30. If you want to play it now, get it. If you want to mindlessly collect it and never play it, wait for it to be cheaper.

i think $40 is very cheap for a great game, and not everybody here wants everything for free

will the next Mario or Zelda game be "nothing new" because the story is the same? what about Star Wars, the idea is the same right?

have you played the game or do you just like to pretend you know everything?
Triggered.

Value isn't certifiable, but facts are. Resident Evil 2 is a game that released in 1998 and nothing will change that the remaster isn't an original game in the series. What's humorous to me is had they slapped the title RE8 on this game, everyone would have cried foul and seized the opportunity to bash Capcom for just rehashing RE2 with a new coat of paint, charging full price for an old game. Because it was presented as nothing more than an extensive remaster, there's no problem charging full price for the people that see that value. ;)

Triggered.

Value isn't certifiable, but facts are. Resident Evil 2 is a game that released in 1998 and nothing will change that the remaster isn't an original game in the series. What's humorous to me is had they slapped the title RE8 on this game, everyone would have cried foul and seized the opportunity to bash Capcom for just rehashing RE2 with a new coat of paint, charging full price for an old game. Because it was presented as nothing more than an extensive remaster, there's no problem charging full price for the people that see that value. ;)
you’re an idiot

Triggered.

and you're pwned, do people still say that or did "triggered" replace it? i prefer pwned

you claim to talk facts, yet all i see is fiction

it's a remake not a remaster, a remaster is the same exact game with a "HD" coat of paint, you would know it's far from the same game if ya know... actually played the game

don't buy the game at any price for all i care, just notice the weird coincidence it's people that haven't played it saying it's just a remaster from 1998

and you're pwned, do people still say that or did "triggered" replace it? i prefer pwned

you claim to talk facts, yet all i see is fiction

it's a remake not a remaster, a remaster is the same exact game with a "HD" coat of paint, you would know it's far from the same game if ya know... actually played the game

don't buy the game at any price for all i care, just notice the weird coincidence it's people that haven't played it saying it's just a remaster from 1998
Just block him but yeah calling it a remaster when it's clearly a REmake. Shows he know nothing about the differences between the 2.

It’s cheapass not dumbass.

In the time it’s taken for you to post your baseless word garbage, you could have watched a YouTube video or looked at several review aggregates to dismiss your claims.

You don’t have to justify what you consider value. Especially since you offer none to this thread.

All games get cheaper over time except for a few of Nintendo’s evergreens. Just how it goes, wait a few months and it’ll be $20-30. If you want to play it now, get it. If you want to mindlessly collect it and never play it, wait for it to be cheaper.
People want to talk about getting triggered, man.

First of all, getting this upset that I said your favorite game of all time RE2 "reeemake" means you might belong on dumbassgamer instead of here.

Second, if you buy games at $60 consistantly (which judging by how angry you got seems like you do) also means you belong on dumbassgamer instead of here since this website is about being cheap and not buying games on release.

Yes since you only played half the game.
Now this...is an embarrassing post.
I probably should have elaborated that, yes, I know there is another half of the game. Which I intend to finish, but I was interested in how compelling the DLC is since $32 for a 12-ish hour scenario B might still be a bit more than I want to spend, since waiting a couple months will undoubtedly see a price drop and a trade value drop. The trade in value at GS was more than I had paid for the game originally, and I pretty much had to trade it in on that stealth bump weekend.

bread's done
Back