Best Buy Ad 3/31-4/6

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Stuff and things.

Buy Kingdom Hearts 3 and Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far (PS4) and get a $20 gift card: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/318894/pcmcat1553284291429.c?id=pcmcat1553284291429

Save $20 on the Xbox One Sport Red Wireless Controller with trade in of a working Xbox One Wireless Controller ($10 coupon + $10 gift card): https://www.bestbuy....at1551715916087

Buy Pokemon Let's Go Eevee or Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and get a free steelbook (while supplies last).

Save on select Video Game Collectibles: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-video-game-collectibles

Accessory Deals:

Plantronics - RIG 800HS Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 4 - Black - $129.99: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantronics-rig-800hs-wireless-stereo-headset-for-playstation-4-black/5923413.p?skuId=5923413

Insignia™ - Dual Controller Charger for PlayStation 4 - Black - $19.99: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-dual-controller-charger-for-playstation-4-black/4733100.p?skuId=4733100

Turtle Beach - Stealth 300 Wired Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One - Black/Green - $59.99: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-stealth-300-wired-amplified-stereo-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one-black-green/6260916.p?skuId=6260916

Game Deals (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&st=categoryid%24pcmcat1487698928729&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Deals~On%20Sale): 

Resident Evil 2 (PS4/X1) - $39.99

Red Dead Redemption: GOTY (X1 BC/X360): $9.99

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Switch/X1/PS4) - $39.99

Far Cry New Dawn (PS4/X1) - $19.99

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4/X1) - $14.99

WWE 2K19 (PS4/X1) - $29.99

Bioshock: The Collection (PS4/X1) - $19.99

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4/X1) - $14.99

SNK Heroines - Tag Team Frenzy (Switch) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4/X1) - $19.99

Battlefield V (PS4/X1) - $32.99 (comes with free steelbook if your Best Buy has them)

FIFA 19 (PS4/X1) - $33.99

Unadvertised Deals:

Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4/X1) - $9.99, Gold Edition (comes with steelbook and season pass) - $14.99*

*ymmv, sold out for X1 version online, B&M only. PS4 available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Is it depressing that I'm going to buy the BioShock Collection even though I'm pretty sure I own it already but am too lazy to go through my horrifying back log?

You could just check your shelf or your download list. What's the use for an app? Anyway I'll be getting AC Odyssey finally.
Because you can't check your shelves when you're not at home.

FYI - I use this app. It tracks whatever movies or games I can remember to add to it. Also, I can go to the blu-ray.com website and contribute information if a barcode isn't found.

Unadvertised Deals:

Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4/X1) - $9.99, Gold Edition (comes with steelbook and season pass) - $14.99*

*ymmv, sold out for X1 version online, B&M only. PS4 available.
Holy crap, thanks for pointing this out! Gold Edition basically comes with all the same stuff as the Definitive Edition, correct?

For the love of God please put Luigi's Mansion 3ds on sale. I know it didn't sell well. Retailers have to be sitting on loads of copies.

dang, caught me slipping on Bumblebee release date.  Too busy gaming to think about picking up the steelbook.   Have to see if it pops back in stock tonight.

Is there any chance that Best Buy will drop the price of The Handsome Collection digital for :xb1: to match the physical's price?

Because you can't check your shelves when you're not at home.
You could check your memory though. :D/

I don't know man. I used that backloggery site for a couple of years and it was overwhelmingly useless busywork for me. The PS4 has a search feature for games in your library. For discs I just physically alphabetize my media on my shelves and I know where everything is. It doesn't take much effort on my part to stay organized without needing a pointless app.

I use GAMEYE to track my collection. Each time I buy a game I scan the barcode using the app before I put it up on my shelf. I started using it after unintentionally buying duplicates on more than one occasion.
It took a couple days to scan everything in but it wasn't terribly tedious and now I can check my collection when I'm out buying games or buying online without having to go to another room to check what I already own.

I noticed the huge drop in my best buy purchasing since my GCU ended. This year I've only spent $48 towards elite. I've always been elite or elite plus.
I wonder if they'll notice a trend with more customers leaving

Dang how many games do you own? I know we all own a lot
But wouldn’t you just check the shelf before paying again?
My games are just lazily thrown into giant plastic totes work absolutely no organization whatsoever. I have no idea how many games I have, but I just counted 11 totes in my basement with at least twice that in my garage. All thanks to this website!

I noticed the huge drop in my best buy purchasing since my GCU ended. This year I've only spent $48 towards elite. I've always been elite or elite plus.
Ive only spent $30 this year since my GCU ended as well.

Ive only spent $30 this year since my GCU ended as well.
Me too, $24 to be exact, far from the $3500 plus I’ve spent their each of the past at least 5 years. I had one last Visa Promo game on order from 2+ years ago, Days Gone, but it’s mysteriously been cancelled without notice, no email, nothing and it’s missing from open orders. I would’ve had it new for $37. Also they pissed me off with their Retail equation BS. I used to buy all games, movies, kitchen appliances, vacuums, etc but I’m not buying anything there any longer.

My games are just lazily thrown into giant plastic totes work absolutely no organization whatsoever. I have no idea how many games I have, but I just counted 11 totes in my basement with at least twice that in my garage. All thanks to this website!
That ... sounds like a bad system, lol. I hope you have lots of disposable income, friend. No disrespect meant.

I think what he meant wasn’t “price match” but instead “same price”.

The digital version flew back up to 59.99 everywhere after both physical and digital has been 19.99-29.99 for like 2 years.
(I paid 13.99 on sale for my digital copy last year)

The physical version is still cheap but the digital one skyrocketed.

Doesn't matter if one considers it "same price" - the system views it as a price match and price matches for a different model aren't allowed. If you're lucky, a new manager may not know that they shouldn't do that, but I wouldn't count on it.

I expect once my GCU expires my spending at Best Buy will also tank to next to nothing other than one or two games during Black Friday sales. I don't know if two people on the interwebs equals a trend, but I seriously doubt we're alone. My guess is they ran the metrics prior to dumping GCU & the numbers revealed they would potentially profit more by charging fewer customers more per game. However, I suspect a lot of people - myself included - purchased a lot of non-game related items at Best Buy because we had GCU so, "why not" buy other things there as well? GCU is the kind of program that breeds good will towards a company, so it made me lean towards buying other things from them instead of Amazon or Newegg when at all possible. So, that roughly $1500-$2500 I used to spend annually will mostly be spent elsewhere other than an unbeatable sale price on this or that. My game purchases will most likely shift to a mixture of all other available outlets. I guess only time will tell if BB stands to gain or lose more from adandoning GCU. But I certainly won't be shopping there for much of anything anymore after my GCU is gone in early 2020.

Grabbing Shadow of War in this sale is the first game I've bought from Best Buy since my GCU expired about a year ago.

These days, I mainly eyeball Target for new stuff since Microsoft Rewards gets you Target gift cards, which is the best deal I've found after all the 20% discounts disappeared.  If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Received Middle Earth Shadow of War Gold Edition today, was lucky to order it before it sold out. Was holding out for a $20 sale for a few months, so a good deal. The steelbook alone is worth it.

GameStop still has the XBOX copy on sale for $24, $40 for PS4. Don't know if they price match or if it'll be a complete copy though.

Does anyone have a link or know where I can go to look at my GCU membership? Mine expires this month but I don't know what day. I thought it used to just show on the account home page.

Not the end of the world I guess. I've preordered anything I want minus one game that's in the system but not available for preorder yet.

Mine expires in May 2020 but that link no longer shows the date it expires. I know it expires in May 2020 based off of my memory. Wonder if its because of my browser (Firefox).
It's right under the amount spent towards Elite status. Showing for me in Chrome.

bread's done
Back