* * * * - 3 votes

Dead Best Buy: Tons of Switch Games starting at $9.99

an actual sale switch lame romeosucks noLRGpreorder wishIstillhadGCU

#61 buffdrew84   Seal the deal and let’s boogie CAGiversary!   10626 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

Nicely done everyone

Keep em coming

#62 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Flippers were all over this. Every single $10 game in the OP except Unwritten Tales and Raven that my store had went to fulfill a single order.  :bs:

I keep wishing people like that get hit by a car while walking into the store to pick up their ill-gotten gains. I despise resellers.

#63 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

I keep wishing people like that get hit by a car while walking into the store to pick up their ill-gotten gains. I despise resellers.

Yeah but then the pickup order will sit on the pickup shelf for a whole week!

#64 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Other than Gianna sisters, I don't think any of these are flip worthy. Hopefully they don't get picked up and returned to stock before the sale ends

#65 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:05 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=4foLKui4Zuk

#66 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

Yeah but then the pickup order will sit on the pickup shelf for a whole week!

Other than Gianna sisters, I don't think any of these are flip worthy. Hopefully they don't get picked up and returned to stock before the sale ends

It was to fulfill an online purchase. Not even sure you could do store pickup on 15+ games in the same order...

#67 darren2e   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

darren2e

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Gal Metal available again

#68 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8355 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

Gal Metal available again

Battle Chasers and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is available as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

#69 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

What a joke. On sale and sold out Sunday morning. These games would not sell out if on any other platform.

#70 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

What a joke. On sale and sold out Sunday morning. These games would not sell out if on any other platform.

Pretty sure most of them had small print runs. I know battle chasers did and it was hard to find when I bought it, and it’s a good game if anyone is on the fence in getting it.

#71 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

They added a couple of games from Sunday.  I just picked up Xenoblade Cronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country for $26.39 (7$ off plus GCU) which I think is about as good as it can get for DLC.

#72 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

U mad ?

#73 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

U mad ?

Haha... Naw. I wouldn't typically buy these games for more than $8... Just feel that they should have had more stock then that. Looking at this thread, we had some gamers looking for these games. Sucks that people didn't get a chance to get them. Will be funny if they come back in stock next Sunday.

#74 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:27 PM

Damn they got Mario odyssey, Mario deluxe and Mario kart on sale. If my gcu hadn't expired that would be enough to tip me over the edge to buy a switch and those are the games i want for it. I can't justify it without it since I need a switch. Since I have to be off work 5 weeks to get chemo i can't afford it really. Damnit why did they have to cancel gcu.

#75 Madzane  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

Battle Chasers and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is available as well.

Mildly annoying since yesterday my order for Battle Chasers was delayed for supply issues.

#76 dualrec  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:30 AM

Damn they got Mario odyssey, Mario deluxe and Mario kart on sale. If my gcu hadn't expired that would be enough to tip me over the edge to buy a switch and those are the games i want for it. I can't justify it without it since I need a switch. Since I have to be off work 5 weeks to get chemo i can't afford it really. Damnit why did they have to cancel gcu.

Damn. Good luck with the chemo

#77 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:36 AM

Buy plastic utensils. The metallic taste is awful.

#78 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3656 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:42 AM

No one has mentioned the best part of the sale:  "Arms" is $48.  jk, but seriously that game hardly ever went on sale for some reason.

#79 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:49 AM

Damn man, sorry to hear that. If I still had GCU I'd help you out. Maybe someone here with an active GCU account can help this guy out?

#80 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8355 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

No one has mentioned the best part of the sale: "Arms" is $48. jk, but seriously that game hardly ever went on sale for some reason.

I recently saw that. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on this game when someone on Reddit was selling it for $20-$25 shipped. It's all good though.

#81 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

I am pretty upset. I have been eyeing de blob and deblob 2 for months, and I wasn't going to pay that $10 switch tax thq placed on it. I would have been happy paying an equal amount to the other consoles. And now that it is hugely on sale I don't even get a copy.

That has nothing to to with THQ. That is all the 'holier than thou'Nintendo.

#82 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

Damn. Good luck with the chemo

Thanks. I'm just glad they figured out what if was. Past 8 months I get sick as hell for 7 to 10 days, then I feel better for a week, get sick again. Finally after 2 doctors I was sent to a oncologist and she did bone marrow test and found I have hairy cell leukemia. Going to suck in a couple weeks to be in the hospital a week getting chemo, then another 4 before I can go back to work but if i get better it's worth it. I want a switch to take with me.

#83 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1088 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

Thanks. I'm just glad they figured out what if was. Past 8 months I get sick as hell for 7 to 10 days, then I feel better for a week, get sick again. Finally after 2 doctors I was sent to a oncologist and she did bone marrow test and found I have hairy cell leukemia. Going to suck in a couple weeks to be in the hospital a week getting chemo, then another 4 before I can go back to work but if i get better it's worth it. I want a switch to take with me.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Looks like it's very treatable, at least.

#84 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14686 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

Super Smash Bros. is $40 with GCU FWIW. Still comes with the coin as well.

#85 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

Are the games like Mario U Deluxe on sale in store as well?

#86 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:48 PM

Are the games like Mario U Deluxe on sale in store as well?

Should be. It's only been an issue once and I told them it was on sale on their site and they looked and price matched it no problem 

#87 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

It's full price in stores which seems to be the case with first party Switch games lately. They will need to match the site.

#88 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

That has nothing to to with THQ. That is all the 'holier than thou'Nintendo.

That has nothing to do with Nintendo. That is all the ‘memory for carts are much more expensive than discs, $5+ for 16GB vs sub-$1 for a 50GB Blu Ray’ so what do you want? That’s the trade off with a hybrid console

You can’t honestly expect publishers to sell switch versions without the tax because it would be a much lower profit margin.

$30 game (30% to console maker, lets just say 10% to retailer) makes $18 after all those fees on a blu Ray because they cost less than $1.

But a Switch cart, 16GB and up, cost $5-$10. Ex: Apple has a good flash memory rate and they pay 25 cents per GB.

So for Switch that $30 game makes (30% to console maker, 10% retailer, $5 for cart) only $13 in profit vs $18 for PS4 version.

Hence why publishers price them at $10 more.

#89 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3488 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

Picked up my copy of Sphynx today at my local BB.

#90 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:15 AM

My order arrived today. Returns might start putting some things back in stock.