How low is too low?! Xbox One X

Avostear

CAG Newbie
It seems I only get interested in a console when a newer version is coming out. I did it for the Xbox to Xbox 360 and the WiiU to Switch.

This is where I am at: I want the X1X but the next gen seems to be right around the corner so I cant see paying a premium price. This gen I wanna get out in front but I hate the wait (if only I can freeze myself to pass the time...)

So...

How low is too low? $200 $250 $300 ?

Switch doesn't play Wii U games.  The next Xbox will play new games and X1X so it is pointless to get X1X.

Switch doesn't play Wii U games. The next Xbox will play new games and X1X so it is pointless to get X1X.
Is that confirmed? How far will it go back (xbox, xbox 360?)

(Yeah I was just listing the WiiU as an example of buying something, then something else comes out.)

It's heavily rumored that the next Xbox won't even have a disc drive, it'll be digital only, in which case I wonder if it'll support any disc based games from past systems at all. I want an X1X too but only so I can play XBox 360 games upscaled. 

These are some interesting posts as I am interested in picking up an xbox one. I think I will save my money and grab the xbox one s. Hopefully gamestop has a trade in bonus when the next gen system launches so I can upgrade when the time comes at launch

These are some interesting posts as I am interested in picking up an xbox one. I think I will save my money and grab the xbox one s. Hopefully gamestop has a trade in bonus when the next gen system launches so I can upgrade when the time comes at launch
I didn't even consider this...

The current rumors are 2 new Switch skus will come out this year, and the PS5 will debut sometime in 2020.  There won't be a new Microsoft console until afterwards, but the X1X will be discounted or bundled around Black Friday...so I suspect $300 - $399 will be the norm at retailers by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's no disc drive, then I would not consider these consoles as backwards compatible. As we've seen, a company "granting" you access to your old titles via digital is not the same thing since it can be altered/revoked in the future (regardless of what they say).

Now I heard the current gen is getting a disk-less (pretty sure it said "S" version) i didn't hear anything about next gen?

Now I heard the current gen is getting a disk-less (pretty sure it said "S" version) i didn't hear anything about next gen?
They're just rumors at this point but I wonder if it started bc MC intended for the "next Xbox" to be disc-less but people took that to mean next "gen" Xbox.

Given there's a disc-less X1X, I would wager that there will be a disc-less Xbox Scarlett but will likely also have one with a disc. While internet might be fast and cheap in many places, it's still not the case everywhere. My internet is decent but I pay an arm and a leg for it and not by choice bc of Comcast's shitty policies (gotta bundle/find deals every 2 yrs) and not having any other options.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're just rumors at this point but I wonder if it started bc MC intended for the "next Xbox" to be disc-less but people took that to mean next "gen" Xbox.

Given there's a disc-less X1X, I would wager that there will be a disc-less Xbox Scarlett but will likely also have one with a disc. While internet might be fast and cheap in many places, it's still not the case everywhere. My internet is decent but I pay an arm and a leg for it and not by choice bc of Comcast's shitty policies (gotta bundle/find deals every 2 yrs) and not having any other options.
Bad Internet? 3MB/.5MB for $85.00. Trust me I know bad internet!!!

Hi there

can someone pls explain me how i can implement a map-point into Astral for a Foundery

for ex.: if you leave protectors and get the map .. how can i target a specific point

bread's done
Back