- - - - -

Spider-Man PS4 Finally $29.99 at BB

#31 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:10 AM

Worth the full $50. Just an amazing game.  Great story, fantastic controls, and one hell of a view when you're sitting on top of Avengers Tower or the ESB. Remarkably accurate Manhattan too, though my old workplace was cut in half in terms of size.

I got the Collector's Edition and I don't normally buy those, and this game was completely worth it.  It is the first open world game I've ever played where you actively avoid the fast travel system because getting there is half the fun.  And the DLC is fantastic.

#32 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

I have learned to stop buying games I won't get to right away or even soon. The last couple of games I've bought because they were are good deal actually ended up being even cheaper by the time I got around to playing them. I just beat God Of War and am just finishing up to 100% it and I plan to play Horizon Zero Dawn next and then have a couple of different games in mind after that so I wouldn't get to this game for months. I know I know, first world problems.

#33 smokeyjoey8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

smokeyjoey8

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

I fully expect a complete edition around the time Far From Home comes home. I'm more concerned the dlc never goes on sale. Example with WWE 2k19 on sale right now: regular game is 20, deluxe 30, season pass on it's own is 30 and will likely stay that way. I see Spidey doing the same.

The Spidey DLC season pass was on sale for two weeks back in March for $16.

#34 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

2022 for me, but I have serious concerns they will just end it early and give me a coupon.

#35 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

I got the Collector's Edition and I don't normally buy those, and this game was completely worth it.  It is the first open world game I've ever played where you actively avoid the fast travel system because getting there is half the fun.  And the DLC is fantastic.

I know, right? The mission is 2000m away?!

Lemme just shoot on over there. Water tower to antenna to patio to a swing down broadway, maybe stop a car chase inbetween?

It's exhilarating to swing so naturally over the city. Best web-swinging simulation ever.

(though you should experience the fast travel animations--some are pretty amusing, like the guy who gives Pete a weird look when looking at him and then him in the Bugle he's holding, only to shrug and go back to reading. Total NY move.)

#36 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:29 PM

I still haven't started this just yet (I probably will very soon since I just finished Kingdom Hearts), but having fun traveling around the world is something I was specifically looking forward to. It's something I love doing in Gravity Rush.