* * * * * 1 votes

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - $19.99 at Target

#61 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

OOS at my local Target and employee told me they don't do rainchecks anymore. :(

#62 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

they definitely still do rain checks, someone didn't want to create one...

from the website:  http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

Does Target offer rain checks?
Yes, a rain check may be available if a sale item is not available at your Target store. The rain check entitles you to today's sale price for the next 30-45 days (varies by state), and can be used at any Target store. Target can't guarantee product availability or hold merchandise and does not provide notifications when the product is available. However, substitutes are offered whenever possible. Ask a store team member for help.

Exclusions:
  • Price Cut, Temporary Price Cut and Everyday Low Price items that are excluded from the Weekly Ad and items that state "No Rain Checks" can't be rain-checked.
  • No rain checks or substitutions are available for contract cell phones.
  • Music, movie and software titles can't be substituted.
  • Rain checks are not offered on Target.com.

#63 Meepo  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

from the website:  http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

Yes, a rain check may be available if a sale item is not available at your Target store. The rain check entitles you to today's sale price for the next 30-45 days (varies by state), and can be used at any Target store. Target can't guarantee product availability or hold merchandise and does not provide notifications when the product is available. However, substitutes are offered whenever possible. Ask a store team member for help.

Exclusions:
  • Price Cut, Temporary Price Cut and Everyday Low Price items that are excluded from the Weekly Ad and items that state "No Rain Checks" can't be rain-checked.

I've had employees tell me their store doesn't issue rain checks but I never tried invoking the store manager.

#64 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

from the website: http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

Exclusions:

Thanks. I'll try again later.

#65 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Torna is on its own cart and the box also includes a voucher for the main game dlc as a bonus.

Very, very nice!

Any reason to play one over other?

#66 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Well Fuck..

I tried to pricematch on BestBuy.com

This was their reply,

"As I have double checked here carefully regarding the eligibility of the item for price matching, I do apologize the item is not eligible for price matching. It shows here on Target site sir the item is no longer available and I tried to check if the item is available on their stores it seems they no longer have the item on their stocks.
I am sorry sir we do not price match with items that is currently sold out or unavailable.

The good news sir we did not limit only with Target we also price match with other retail competitors (including their online prices) and these qualifying online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com,
Target.com, Microcenter.com, JcPenny.com, Lowes.com, ABT.com, RCwilley.com, Walmart.com, Sears.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, Samsclub.com, Gamestop.com, HomeDepot.com, PCRichard.com, B&HPhoto.com, Staples.com, Frys.com, Nebraska Furniture Mart and TigerDirect.com.
"

#67 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3809 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

Very, very nice!

Any reason to play one over other?

Torna is a prequel to the main game, and it's only about 40-50 hours long, where the main game is easily double that. 

#68 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:18 PM

Torna is a prequel to the main game, and it's only about 40-50 hours long, where the main game is easily double that. 

What I mean is, the Cartridge comes with a DLC code for the digital version of Torna, or did I read it wrong?

#69 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3809 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

What I mean is, the Cartridge comes with a DLC code for the digital version of Torna, or did I read it wrong?

Oh, there's extra content for the main game on that download code. 

#70 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

Oh, there's extra content for the main game on that download code. 

Thank you!
I still need to play the main game.

#71 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:25 AM

from the website: http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

Exclusions:

So frustrating. I went back to the store and showed them the policy politely. The trainer said that's for some other stores but they definitely don't even have anything to do a raincheck here. I'm in Maine.

#72 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2828 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:33 AM

Got mine price matched at Best buy. Even with target out of stock, they still honored it. Now o just need a deal on the main game

#73 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

You still want to play them in release order right?
XC2 then Torna. (Correct?)

#74 NeoMonk  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:20 AM

Highly recommend it, played thru it already and it changes alot of the combat (doesn't streamline it just makes it easier to deal with) and it has alot of quality of life changes. Not to mention it's just a meaty experience like 20'ish hours.

#75 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

So frustrating. I went back to the store and showed them the policy politely. The trainer said that's for some other stores but they definitely don't even have anything to do a raincheck here. I'm in Maine.

Sorry to hear, they switched rainchecks to come out of the registers a few years ago, used to be a separate red slip. I find it odd they tell you some other stores? Target isn't a chain where only some stores participate in regular store features. That's what franchises do. They all use the same POS register.

#76 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

Torna is a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

#77 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

Yes.

#78 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6628 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:13 PM

Got a price match at Best Buy last night, thanks to a local target showing stock they don't actually have.

#79 saldogg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

I just showed the screenshot someone posted and got the main game for 20 as I was picking up an online order for Torna. Both for $40 is fine by me

#80 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

Honest question: My friend let me borrow this a while ago and I never played it despite being the biggest fan of the one that came out for WiiU. Any who! What is this one? Is it a whole new game? 

#81 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

Honest question: My friend let me borrow this a while ago and I never played it despite being the biggest fan of the one that came out for WiiU. Any who! What is this one? Is it a whole new game? 

I could be completely wrong, but I think XCX for the Wii U is connected to the very first game on the Wii, and Xenoblade 2 and Torna are completely different and not at all connected with the other games.

#82 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

I could be completely wrong, but I think XCX for the Wii U is connected to the very first game on the Wii, and Xenoblade 2 and Torna are completely different and not at all connected with the other games.

No, XCX is it's own continuity as well.

XC1 - Living and an exploring two giant titan robots in the ocean

XCX - Landing on a remote planet and trying to survive, and find the survivor pod
(This is just a rough plot from the back of the box.. how do you do a spoiler tag?)

#83 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

XC2 is basically disconnected from the other two, but there is a reason it's "Chronicles 2" and not some other title. Torna is a direct prequel to XC2.

Honestly, I don't think it matters. The base game eases you into the combat slower, but while the experiences will be different depending on what you play first, neither is really worse than the other.

#84 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted Yesterday, 03:51 AM

No, XCX is it's own continuity as well.

XC1 - Living and an exploring two giant titan robots in the ocean

XCX - Landing on a remote planet and trying to survive, and find the survivor pod
(This is just a rough plot from the back of the box.. how do you do a spoiler tag?)

Thanks.

[ spoiler]        [/ spoiler]      <- Type what you want between those two and delete the spaces in between the brackets.

#85 Omni99  

Posted Yesterday, 04:51 AM

I tried price matching the base game at my local best buy and no luck. Their only copy was in the back so I ended up with the game guy doing the PM, and even though I could show him the actual weekly ad on the Target website that says Xenoblade Chronicles 2" if you click on it (page 13) he was all detective like looking into it to find that it was the DLC and explaining to me what the difference was and all.

#86 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Torna is on its own cart and the box also includes a voucher for the main game dlc as a bonus.

Didn't know that since I havent opened my copy yet. Welcomed bonus, thanks for the info!

#87 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Was able to get a PM to Best Buy for Torna. Didn't bother for the original game.