Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - $19.99 at Target

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
OOS online as of 3pm EST.  Should be in store as well.

https://www.target.com/p/xenoblade-chronicles-2-torna-the-golden-country-nintendo-switch/-/A-53741348

Please note that the weekly ad this week incorrectly has the full game (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) as $19.99 (it is actually $49.99).  It might be able to be price matched at Target customer service or perhaps another retailer that does price matches.

Edit:  Looks like Target may have corrected the online ad for the main game for $19.99.  Still, the expansion at $19.99 is a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I didn’t see it this morning so they must have just updated. I picked this up from Best Buy last week so I’ll either have them price match or return it.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

$40 for both games... damn good price.
The main game was advertised at $20, the dlc physical copy I don’t think is advertised at all.

The physical ad actually omitted this page and the online ad has been updated in the last hour to reflect that Torna should be $19.99 rather than the main game.
In other words: it's going to be tougher to try and pricematch the full game for $19.99.

On the other hand, I was just able to retroactive pricematch the Torna DLC I picked up at BestBuy this past week - no need for a return/rebuy.

That ad was not pulling up for me this morning and I got shot down pretty swiftly in electronics and again at customer service. Changed my home store to a different zip code (10001; Manhattan, NY) and the 40 page digital ad turned into the 47 page ad (with the Xbox, PS4, and Young Link amiibo). Pulled it up for the next closest store and they matched it right away.

Update: Looks like they've killed it. New ad shows Torna in it's place, as everyone has mentioned.

For anyone who doesn't know, this DLC can be played as a standalone title. It comes with a code for the remaining supplementary DLC that applies to the base game.

Online ad changed in the middle of me trying to pm in store. They were willing to do the original game for $30 (50% off the in store price), but I said no thanks.

Picture of main ad, where I was getting the main game price of $20 and not the dlc copy.
[attachment=32103:FE2466DC-1D17-423F-8D32-AF645EAF70D6.jpeg]

Any chance they'll just do a bundle at some point and then I can wait further for a discount on that?

(I do have, but still haven't played chronicles and X)

Any chance they'll just do a bundle at some point and then I can wait further for a discount on that?

(I do have, but still haven't played chronicles and X)
I have my doubts considering is it’s own standalone cart and basically a standalone game. But anything could happen.

I got the base game on Black Friday and haven't played it yet. What are the chances the expansion will be cheaper than $20 with GCU?

Anyone able to pm at Best Buy? I have a page opened with the main game being advertised but the Targets by me are extremely stingy at customer service.

Definitely YMMV on the main game. I called the Target in Oro Valley, AZ to check if they had any in stock. As soon as I mentioned the game, the guy on phone said that they were not honoring the $20 price because according to him the ad was "a fake that had been photoshopped by someone on Reddit." When I told him that I had a screenshot from the Target site, he said it had to be live on the site.

Called a Target on the south side of Tucson right after that. They were really chill about honoring the price and set a copy aside for me.

bummer about the Ad mistake, i was going to get a copy today when i picked up my toilet paper. Bright side is i can wait till tomorrow to go pick up the TP now.

I purchased in store pick up 2 days ago. I canceled in store pick up at the guess service and say the game is on Sale today for $20. She knew about it and she manually adjust down $20. Also, picked up DLC version as well.  Good day.

Since storyline wise this is a prequel, will it have the ramp built into it to help new players out, or does it expect everyone that plays it to have the core game?

Only Target I could go to before work only had the expansion in stock & marked properly & now the online ad is corrected with physical copies not having that page?

Since storyline wise this is a prequel, will it have the ramp built into it to help new players out, or does it expect everyone that plays it to have the core game?

Only Target I could go to before work only had the expansion in stock & marked properly & now the online ad is corrected with physical copies not having that page?
It doesn't really hold your hand like the base game does, so there may be a little hump in learning how to play.

Thanks for the heads up.  Picked up the last copy at my local target. 

Which of the xenoblade games is a good starting point?

Damn, the Switch pouncers have struck again! 2nd Sunday where a deal occurs & BAM! Nearly gone the same day.
Bravo, deal snatchers!

I tried to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at Target yesterday morning and the same older gentleman who consistently denies PMing mistakes every time they happen. I want to pick it up again for $20, but I have had the game before and sold it due to not getting into it. I may try to PM Best Buy or Wal-Mart if I happen to find myself in one of those stores this week, but ultimately ordered the Torna from Best Buy after PMing it as I actually hear that it is better than the base game anyway. 

I tried to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at Target yesterday morning and the same older gentleman who consistently denies PMing mistakes every time they happen. I want to pick it up again for $20, but I have had the game before and sold it due to not getting into it. I may try to PM Best Buy or Wal-Mart if I happen to find myself in one of those stores this week, but ultimately ordered the Torna from Best Buy after PMing it as I actually hear that it is better than the base game anyway.
Walmart store won't price match. Online does, but I doubt you are going to be able to fool them since they will just look at the online ad.

Walmart store won't price match. Online does, but I doubt you are going to be able to fool them since they will just look at the online ad.
I doubt I even bother with trying to PM it at this point. I'll just wait for it to inevitably get cheaper again and rebuy it. I just want it for my collection since I have the other games in the series. I owned it until recently when I traded it to Gamestop for like $42 credit, personally, I couldn't get into the game much when I owned it. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love the game so I am not in a rush to pick it up again unless it's cheap. I did order Torna though and I'll check that out when it arrives.

I managed to grab the last copy of Torna at best Buy @ $19.99. However, I bought it last week because it was on sale for $26 total and now I have to pick up my in-store order and somehow return it without arising suspicion.

bread's done
Back