Anthem $19.99 newegg.com after promo code + FS for PS4, Xbone

Smithers123

CAGiversary!
Promo code is EMCTYUB67 expires 4/22 @11:59 PT. Free standard shipping. 2 day shipping if you have shoprunner!

I would post some links but newegg links generally don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
$20 was my price for Anthem so I ordered a copy for PS4. I enjoyed the gameplay when I rented it, but everything around it was bad to meh so hopefully they fix things over time and this gets better. 

Ouch, didn't take long to see this happen. And its unfortunate because its not a terrible game.

I have enjoyed this game for what I had played through the EA Access time with the game and picked it up at Family Video because they had it for $20 with the B2G1 sale. With the flip and all I wound up with Anthem and $57 in credit for $40 spent.

But even if I hadn't bought it then for $20 here I would have bought it. Worth it in my opinion.

Wow, wouldn't think this was the first place to have the deep discount. And I've been enjoying it since the beginning and still. The gameplay is still entertaining and fun even if it's sometimes lacking in actual rewards.

Wow, wouldn't think this was the first place to have the deep discount. And I've been enjoying it since the beginning and still. The gameplay is still entertaining and fun even if it's sometimes lacking in actual rewards.
I completely agree with you.

Decisions decisions ;/

Any "unbiased" opinions?
The gameplay is fun, graphics are pretty solid, and everything around this is varying degrees of meh to bad. I played on launch weekend so surely they've fixed some issues, but my biggest gripe was how many long load screens you'd have to go through before getting into a mission. I also found the loot to be mostly lame. For $20 though it's worth picking up IMO. There is a good game here with Anthem, just needs more time in the oven.

I cancelled my BB pre-order of this game after realizing it was unfinished (thanks to reviews). I had a blast on demo weekends so it was a matter of waiting for it to drop. I wanted to buy into Bioware but when the price matched what they shipped (aka not a $60 game). Purchased and on the way. Thanks for the share!

Would totally buy it at his price if not for the EA Access trial I haven't gotten to yet.

Haven't seen a high profile game hit $20 this fast in a long time. And I'm still not tempted to buy it. Maybe when it hits $5.

I think it was a pricing mistake. They had it on sale for $40 (like most retailers do right now) and the 50% off code stacked with it. They then raised the price back to $60 when they figured it out.
Glad I ordered right away then. $30 isn't a bad price, but with everything out now and coming out within the next week (MK11 and Days Gone) I would have been less likely to spend the $30.

Already debating on Days Gone next week since it will most likely be around $20 itself before the end of Summer.

No comment about the game or gameplay just the price drop (or thud). I think Catwoman on the original Xbox dropped to 19.99 (at FRY's) about a week after release earlier than Anthem. Anyone else remember a big title that dropped this quick?

No comment about the game or gameplay just the price drop (or thud). I think Catwoman on the original Xbox dropped to 19.99 (at FRY's) about a week after release earlier than Anthem. Anyone else remember a big title that dropped this quick?
The original Homefront dropped to like $34 on release day at amazon from $60 and lasted several days. They had a lot of pissed off customers they were doing refunds on too

Ouch, didn't take long to see this happen. And its unfortunate because its not a terrible game.

I have enjoyed this game for what I had played through the EA Access time with the game and picked it up at Family Video because they had it for $20 with the B2G1 sale. With the flip and all I wound up with Anthem and $57 in credit for $40 spent.

But even if I hadn't bought it then for $20 here I would have bought it. Worth it in my opinion.
It is a terrible game, with a great concept. They just made so many mistakes in designing it, it's truly not redeemable at this point when considering how the game was supposed to be. I logged maybe 30 hours into the game before selling it and they were just meh hours at best. Lately I got on the Divinity 2 train when it was $30 at BB ($24 for me) and have already sunk double that into it having a blast playing with the GF.

Anthem is worth $5, the price of a rental because that's the amount of time it will take to have your fun and be done.

I got mine from newegg yesterday. Played it 4 or 5 hours and I wish Id never wasted the 20 bucks or the time played. Looks like its going in the pile to go to half priced books.

Well I'm glad I didn't get one after reading this. I have better things to be playing.
If you like destiny you might like this. But I was bored as its essentially the same thing as destiny in many ways from what I can tell. Story is thin, characters aren't very interesting, etc. I just found it very uninspired and uninteresting.

The story and characters aren’t all that but honestly I found the gameplay fun during my 10-hour EA Access trial. Love even just flying around. Not worth $60 but $20? I think so.

bread's done
Back