- - - - -

Off Brand Switch Docks: Are they worth it?

Nintendo Switch Off brand dock

#1 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4437 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

I remember years ago when the Switch was just released, and supposedly the off brand docks would burn out your Switch console.

I am curious if they have gotten any better, since I'd love a secondary dock for my bedroom, and not really looking to pay the full $80+ for a Nintendo dock.

This is the one I was curious about

https://www.bestbuy....CdwyeqZ9XhWAOpw

#2 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3476 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:28 AM

I bought one from best buy and it didn't work at all :/ 

#3 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1315 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

There are a lot of refurbished/like new/open box Nintendo docks on ebay for around $55. Even sweeter if you wait for a 15% off code to come around. I was looking at them a couple of weeks ago but never pulled the trigger. Just make sure they're the official brand and come with the ac adapter and hdmi cable.

#4 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

There are a lot of refurbished/like new/open box Nintendo docks on ebay for around $55. Even sweeter if you wait for a 15% off code to come around. I was looking at them a couple of weeks ago but never pulled the trigger. Just make sure they're the official brand and come with the ac adapter and hdmi cable.

I heard its better to use the oem dock.

Does anyone know if its safe to use a hdmi cable other then the one that comes with the switch?