* * * - - 2 votes

Target Cartwheel Deals April 28th - May 4th 30% Off PlayStation Classic

#1 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:46 AM

Saturday May 4th is my 35th birthday, and I will be partying in San Francisco with friends, and family. So next week's Cartwheel thread might be a few hours late. I apologize in advance. Here are the deals...

30% Off PlayStation Classic Console Gaming Console (Expires May 4th)

20% Off Switch Game Over 8-Bit Case Switch Case (Expires May 4th)

20% Off Switch 8-Bit Dungeon Case Switch Case (Expires May 4th)

#2 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

May the 4th be with you, Zantra

#3 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:44 PM

30% off the PSC makes it $28, which I believe is the lower price ever for it so far.

#4 shravis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

They raised the price back to $59.99 this week, which makes this $42 after Cartwheel. They could have sold a ton at $28.

#5 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:32 PM

They raised the price back to $59.99 this week, which makes this $42 after Cartwheel. They could have sold a ton at $28.

Shady, typical of target. Just like the last time it had a coupon, they raise the price back up.

$40 is MSRP now everywhere, so there’s no issue pricematching and using cartwheel. And no, there’s nothing wrong with combining the two when target is trying to scam customers.

#6 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6621 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:56 PM

Shady, typical of target. Just like the last time it had a coupon, they raise the price back up.

$40 is MSRP now everywhere, so there’s no issue pricematching and using cartwheel. And no, there’s nothing wrong with combining the two when target is trying to scam customers.

I swear, soccer moms and grandparents have to be the ones that keep Target's video game department alive because they're the only ones who don't know any better. Aside from the odd clearance game deals and their Black Friday deals, Target's video game sales suck. Good for price matching the other chains though.

#7 shopsmarts   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

shopsmarts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

I went to Target this morning and they told me that they can only price match up to 10 dollars so it wouldn't take the 20 off. Ridiculous, screwing around by raising the price and putting out a coupon.

#8 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:33 PM

Shady? It sucks but that’s not shady. They’re already losing money on them and probably get next to nothing as a retailer cut.

The handling of the water crisis in Flint is shady, not how much a retailer charges for an often on discount consumer electronic

#9 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12297 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

Still sticking by my $20 or bust for the PS Classic.

#10 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

Shady? It sucks but that’s not shady. They’re already losing money on them and probably get next to nothing as a retailer cut.
The handling of the water crisis in Flint is shady, not how much a retailer charges for an often on discount consumer electronic

It is shady. And unethical. As I said, $40 has been MSRP for months now. It’s not a sale price, it’s the retail price at every retailer including walmart, best buy, and gamestop. For them to release a coupon and then artificially inflate the price is just wrong.

#11 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

Still sticking by my $20 or bust for the PS Classic.

NFM.com had it for $20 briefly last week, but I think it may have been a mistake as it was fixed within a day. I think shipping would have been $10 or so, so unless you were near a local store, probably wasn't that good of a deal.

Walmart still has them for $60 in stores, but finally lowered to $40 online. Interesting how the $40 sale price comes and goes at some stores while remaining consistent at some stores like Best Buy. Must be some financial reason they haven't lowered it officially yet. Some write off thing maybe for financial losses.

#12 ritchardf  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

It is shady. And unethical. As I said, $40 has been MSRP for months now. It’s not a sale price, it’s the retail price at every retailer including walmart, best buy, and gamestop. For them to release a coupon and then artificially inflate the price is just wrong.

according to gamestop and best buy, msrp is $60, and they have it on sale for $40, just saying.

#13 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

according to gamestop and best buy, msrp is $60, and they have it on sale for $40, just saying.

I know. And that’s all marketing. A sale is when a price is reduced or at a discount. It’s been $40 consistently for two months now. That is MSRP to me.

#14 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

What kills me is that Sony still says the MSRP is 99.99 on the official page.

#15 FistfulOfDullard  

FistfulOfDullard

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

MSRP is MANUFACTURERS suggested retail price. It has nothing to do with how much retailers sell it for, or how much you want to pay for it, or anything else other than what the manufacturer says they fell it's worth. Please use the term correctly.

#16 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1972 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

MSRP is MANUFACTURERS suggested retail price. It has nothing to do with how much retailers sell it for, or how much you want to pay for it, or anything else other than what the manufacturer says they fell it's worth. Please use the term correctly.

feel*

Also, I agree, BUT I also agree that this shouldn’t cost more than $30 at this point.

#17 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:16 PM

I’d say for the PSC none of this really matters. The fact is the price has been $40 for months. That is a standard price. Offering a coupon then raising a BASE price is bullshit.

#18 FistfulOfDullard  

FistfulOfDullard

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

feel*
Also, I agree, BUT I also agree that this shouldn’t cost more than $30 at this point.

Thank you for the correction, I tend to type fast. And while I agree that this, and all these retro system, should be $30, should simply isn't reality. All of these systems are nothing but a nostalgia grab. They aren't even meant for real gamers, mostly adult trying to grab onto a piece of their youth and "share it" (force upon) their children.

#19 FistfulOfDullard  

FistfulOfDullard

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

I’d say for the PSC none of this really matters. The fact is the price has been $40 for months. That is a standard price. Offering a coupon then raising a BASE price is bullshit.

It is bullshit, but that's reality. And it does matter. People are throwing around terms incorrectly to try to prove a point, a point the facts are actually disputing.

#20 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1972 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

Thank you for the correction, I tend to type fast. And while I agree that this, and all these retro system, should be $30, should simply isn't reality. All of these systems are nothing but a nostalgia grab. They aren't even meant for real gamers, mostly adult trying to grab onto a piece of their youth and "share it" (force upon) their children.

Yeah it’s more of a cool look having these lined up on my entertainment center, as I don’t really like many game related items cluttering things up. These being the exception. Surprisingly, my nephew (I don’t have kids yet myself) saw me playing and couldn’t stop playing mario 3. The Nintendo ones are pretty timeless, the PSX one is more of a niche market as it was the start of 3D and holds up pretty bad these days. I personally enjoy the games is offers, even though the selection is lacking, but I agree that they’re not going to go over well with the newest generation.

I do play to try to mod the PSX so add more though.

#21 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

I know. And that’s all marketing. A sale is when a price is reduced or at a discount. It’s been $40 consistently for two months now. That is MSRP to me.

Have to agree man it's not SHADY. It sucks, but not shady when MSRP is still $99.99. It's a gimmick to list it with a coupon after having up the price but they still are well below what the manufacturer is suggesting for a price point. Whether every retailer is at $39.99 or not, one went first and the rest followed suit because they are sick of it taking up shelf space and they know they've already lost their 🤬 on it anyways. Their real estate in store is more valuable than selling this at a loss.

A gimmick yes but its business and businesses use and exploit consumers with gimmicks all the time.

Still waiting for that inevitable $20 price for a purchase from me.

#22 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6621 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:34 PM

Still waiting for that inevitable $20 price for a purchase from me.

A dollar for each minute of play time seems fair.

#23 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Let’s just agree to disagree. I feel there’s perhaps a grey area here, bordering breaking advertising laws, when they diddle with prices and then offer coupons.

Some of you may not be familiar, and I will say I am not a lawyer nor know every state’s law, though target is definitely pulling some bullshit this week and may be breaking laws in some states.

“Advertising
Retail price regulations also cover the way that retailers advertise their merchandise and pricing. For example, Alaska law makes it illegal for businesses to advertise items as on sale or reduced unless the current retail price represents a materially significant reduction from an earlier price. Retail price advertising regulations also cover the length of sales. Alaska's law requires retailers to note the limited time frame of sales when they end within four days of an advertisement's appearance.”

https://smallbusines...ions-15255.html

Meaning they cannot claim the $40 has been a sale price when it’s been that price for two months. To label it a “sale” it has to be temporary.

#24 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6621 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:47 PM

From SlickDeals - REDcard exclusive for REDcard holders in the Target App: $10 off of a $100 purchase.  Good until 5/4.

https://www.target.c...gt_adv_xasd0002

I don't have a REDcard, but I figured this would help someone.

#25 Zantra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, also Red Card holders get an Extra 5% off everything, making the PlayStation Classic slightly less than $40 after Cartwheel, but I feel the same way as most of you do. It's probably worth about $20.

#26 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:59 AM

“Advertising
Retail price regulations also cover the way that retailers advertise their merchandise and pricing. For example, Alaska law makes it illegal for businesses to advertise items as on sale or reduced unless the current retail price represents a materially significant reduction from an earlier price. Retail price advertising regulations also cover the length of sales. Alaska's law requires retailers to note the limited time frame of sales when they end within four days of an advertisement's appearance.”

https://smallbusines...ions-15255.html

Meaning they cannot claim the $40 has been a sale price when it’s been that price for two months. To label it a “sale” it has to be temporary.

Two months is still temporary, though, especially since there hasn't been an official "permanent" drop in MSRP.  They can totally claim the $40 is a sale price, because it is a material significant reduction from an earlier price (that price being the still-MSRP 99.99).  They also didn't have to note the limited time frame of the sale, because it didn't end within four days of that price first being advertised.

#27 FistfulOfDullard  

FistfulOfDullard

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:33 AM

lionheart059 is absolutely correct, temporary is a relative term. Unless the law dictates a clearly defined period of time as "temporary" then it could be argued that any period is temporary. If a doctor were to tell you that you would suffer from a temporary loss of vision would you assume that to mean two months? Two days? Two years? Target has done nothing illegal, and if you feel they have try lodging a complaint with the BBB. I can promise you you're wasting your time, but it is yours to waste.

#28 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2666 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:35 AM

LOL why does every PS Classic cartwheel thread turn into a legal argument

#29 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:55 AM

...because target does borderline illegal and deceptive things to the public whenever they offer a ‘coupon’.

#30 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6621 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:05 AM

Because people who buy PS Classics do illegal things with them?