Expired: Best Buy - FREE PlayStation Classic w/PS4 Pro ($399)

I suppose I don't understand the sheer hatred. If you need a pspro it's a good deal because it's free, I guess I can't find it in myself to complain about something I'm not paying for.

I mean I get it, it's the cool thing to do to hate the ps classic because everyone else is doing it. But mine still did its job, it itched my playstation nostalgia itch. I wish it had some better games but it still wasn't that bad to me. Besides everytime someone has to rag on it for no reason at all it decreases the chances Sony will learn from their mistakes and release another one with better games and increases the chances they won't ever attempt it again.

But i guess this is the internet after all and getting a cheap sense of self satisfaction at jumping on a hate bandwagon for a bunch of random people online is par for the course.

Today Only , read in Eeyore‘s voice. How can OP live with him self after this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I don't understand the sheer hatred. If you need a pspro it's a good deal because it's free, I guess I can't find it in myself to complain about something I'm not paying for.

I mean I get it, it's the cool thing to do to hate the ps classic because everyone else is doing it. But mine still did its job, it itched my playstation nostalgia itch. I wish it had some better games but it still wasn't that bad to me. Besides everytime someone has to rag on it for no reason at all it decreases the chances Sony will learn from their mistakes and release another one with better games and increases the chances they won't ever attempt it again.

But i guess this is the internet after all and getting a cheap sense of self satisfaction at jumping on a hate bandwagon for a bunch of random people online is par for the course.
Thanks CEO of Sony!

Can you tell Sony to stop censoring games and stop making shitty movie games next time you're at the shareholders meeting?

Or...because no one needs a PS4 Pro at this point? They’ve already sort of announced the PS5 and that it would be backwards compatible. Any money spent on a Pro or Classic at this point is money wasted.

You hit the nail on the head. A vast majority of people are brain-dead, especially on these forums. The Classic is great for anyone who isn't a moron, who simply follows an online guide to hack it and put every PS1 game on there. And it even includes two controllers.

The deal is shit because the Pro is MSRP, not because the PS Classic is bad. Well, not bad to people who aren't complete idiots anyway.

I'm calling it. Someone from the future is going to bump this thread and lol at ya''ll when the PS classics becomes a fad like the PS TV aka fetch insane $$$ on eBay.

You hit the nail on the head. A vast majority of people are brain-dead, especially on these forums. The Classic is great for anyone who isn't a moron, who simply follows an online guide to hack it and put every PS1 game on there. And it even includes two controllers.

The deal is shit because the Pro is MSRP, not because the PS Classic is bad. Well, not bad to people who aren't complete idiots anyway.
A modded Wii can play WAY more games than a modded PS Classic. Just as easy, possibly even easier to mod. It uses first-party wireless controllers. And it is fairly routine to find a used Wii cheaper, as well as the fact that many people already have one.

Please explain how only complete idiots think the PS Classic is bad.

I'm calling it. Someone from the future is going to bump this thread and lol at ya''ll when the PS classics becomes a fad like the PS TV aka fetch insane $$$ on eBay.
The PS classic doesn't have exclusive games like the PS TV does (plays Vita games). PS1 games can be played on many, many things at this point. PS Vita games can be played on a PS TV and a PS Vita. PS Vita is still more expensive than a PS TV usually.

Not saying it won't fetch $$$ someday, but I don't think it will rise in price as quickly as the PS TV has.

A modded Wii can play WAY more games than a modded PS Classic. Just as easy, possibly even easier to mod. It uses first-party wireless controllers. And it is fairly routine to find a used Wii cheaper, as well as the fact that many people already have one.

modded wii can play way more games than a modded nes/snes classic also. A lot of things can. so are they bad also?

Yeah, that's what's funny when others slam the "trolls" or the "brain dead" so to speak, as the same could be said for their side of the argument as well. What's more shocking is thinking logic and reason of any kind take place on the internet, EVER! LOL

If someone was giving away a million dollars some would complain it weighs to much and that they can't be bothered. This type of thinking is nothing new and has been around since recorded history began.

So yeah, this is a rather poor deal in my eyes, but so is buying a pro for full price at this point. But since this is CAG, and the discussion at hand is this deal, or lack there of, it's OPEN to discussion, so everyone is entitled to their thoughts on this subject(good, bad or ugly).

The PS1 is probably my 2nd fave console behind the SNES but all the hate the PS1 Classic gets is justified, very few are hating on it because it's trendy. This was a lazy, inept cash grab by Sony- less than ideal selection of games, using PAL versions which run worse, and no real discernible benefits of the games on the PS1 Classic vs the originals (and in some cases, the originals look and run better).

This is a deal in the sake that you get something for free, but that doesn't make a good deal.

The PS1 is probably my 2nd fave console behind the SNES but all the hate the PS1 Classic gets is justified, very few are hating on it because it's trendy. This was a lazy, inept cash grab by Sony- less than ideal selection of games, using PAL versions which run worse, and no real discernible benefits of the games on the PS1 Classic vs the originals (and in some cases, the originals look and run better).

This is a deal in the sake that you get something for free, but that doesn't make a good deal.
Truly. I know I was disappointed once everything was announced because they put zero effort into it. Sony had a chance to pay homage to their roots and instead they just shit all over it.

modded wii can play way more games than a modded nes/snes classic also. A lot of things can. so are they bad also?
The PS Classic runs PS1 games very poorly unmodded. The NES/snes classics run games very well unmodded.

And nowhere did I mention that the PS Classic was bad. Personally, I just think it's poor value. I would totally buy one at $20-$25 just for the controllers and case.

The PS Classic launched at $100 with poor emulation and a very meager game selection. I will continue to disagree that people who think it's bad are complete idiots.

To the graveyard, this thread!

It wasn't enough of an incentive for me to get a Playstation 4 Pro.  Hearing stories about the Playstation 5's entry model is going to be a better PS4 Pro. 

Might as well save the extra $100 towards a PS5.  Now if a retailer gave me a free PS Classic and 2 $30 PS4 games or a $60 game for free.  Maybe then I'll go for a PS4 Pro.

For me, the ideal PS4 bundle would be a PS4 Pro and the current PSVR headset with at least the camera for less than $500. I have the PS Move controllers already.

Hey there. I think you've missed point, which is that there have been other ps4 pro bundles far more valuable. They're giving us something that was doa and worthless, amounting to nothing. Has nothing to do with how we feel about the product; just its value in the context of this bundle. Sorry to devalue your time consuming rant.

unless it's one of those hard to get PS4 pro limited editions there's no point of getting one at full price + ps classic.

bread's done
Back