* * * * * 1 votes

Mortal Kombat 11 - $49.99 @ Best Buy

#1 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2901 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:26 AM

:switch::ps4::xb1: $49.99/39.99 GCU

#2 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

Already???

#3 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:27 AM

Already???

I lost interest when I saw it had microtransactions. I doubt I'll ever buy it and if I do it will be used off Ebay so I don't give them any of my money.

#4 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:47 AM

Wow that was quick

#5 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:30 AM

I lost interest when I saw it had microtransactions. I doubt I'll ever buy it and if I do it will be used off Ebay so I don't give them any of my money.

Microtransactions are not the issue as many of the items you cannot buy. The issue is with it taking so long retrieving enough in game currency to unlock items. Patch came out yesterday and today with a number of changes regarding this and other changes.

More details can be found here: https://t.co/OSorcmSIPz

From what i have read, stay away from switch and pc ports.

Like many games, will probably be $30 within a few months and the eventual complete edition will come out at some point in the future based on past releases.

#6 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

i remember getting Mortal Kombat 9 less than a month after release for $40 at Toys R Us

#7 dschroll  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:08 AM

Thank you!  Best Buy issued me a refund.

#8 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

I have stopped buying games that come out with cash shops like this immediately. So, I have stopped buying a lot of games in general. I see MK11 as an unfinished product at this time and not worth my money.

If the company has planned DLC that adds to the game, I can see that as games are costing a lot of time and money nowadays. If you want a good quality game that will last, DLC can wind up being a good thing over time. I do dislike games that get published and have additional DLC that costs money right off the bat.

#9 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2471 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Premium not on sale.

#10 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:47 PM

I have stopped buying games that come out with cash shops like this immediately. So, I have stopped buying a lot of games in general. I see MK11 as an unfinished product at this time and not worth my money.

If the company has planned DLC that adds to the game, I can see that as games are costing a lot of time and money nowadays. If you want a good quality game that will last, DLC can wind up being a good thing over time. I do dislike games that get published and have additional DLC that costs money right off the bat.

Are you talking about Shao Khan? That’s the only DLC released so far and most people got him by preordering.

#11 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

Are you talking about Shao Khan? That’s the only DLC released so far and most people got him by preordering.

Wasnt Johnny Cage another one?

I dont own the game but I like the idea of unlocking through progression in the game. After reading some of the comments it seems like it was a bit crazy on the side of something like 300 matches to open 1 chest. 

#12 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

:/ scorpion says get over here. Sub zero shoots ice. Seen it all already

#13 DrGonzo615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

DrGonzo615

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for your input. 

New FPS -"Man shoots gun, seen it already"

New Racing game - "Vehicle drives around track, seen it already"

Open world game - "Character explores open environment, does combat, seen it already!"

#14 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

Maybe free to play is pushing $59.99 back to $49.99 or even $39.99 and everybody cancelling their 20% off programs was in preparation for this.

#15 NeoMonk  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

Don't worry you'll spend more than just $10 on Krystals. 

#16 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

Wasnt Johnny Cage another one?

I dont own the game but I like the idea of unlocking through progression in the game. After reading some of the comments it seems like it was a bit crazy on the side of something like 300 matches to open 1 chest.

No just Shao Khan. Frost needs to be unlocked but you do so by playing through the story. It is an insane grind to get all the extra stuff in the game from the Krypt, but it’s not a pay for it situation, so there’s only a handful of things you can even purchase if you wanted to. The issue is the grindiness, which they force you to do. However, the backlash is forcing them to look over the whole system and adjust how much in game currency you get and the difficulty in general of achieving. There is no buying this stuff though. That’s a complete misunderstanding of the situation. I wish I had the option to buy the skins for my characters and call it a day. Instead I have to grind away in a Krypt full of randomly placed chests where I never know who’s stuff I’m about to get.

#17 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for your input. 

Open world game - "Character explores open environment, does combat, seen it already!"

lmao

https://youtu.be/nYQMctUnN7M?t=5

#18 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for your input.

exactly. Now I just wanna see a naked woman who isn't on a screen.

#19 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

the fatalities are more insane than ever

#20 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:46 PM

Thanks, OP!  Paid $48 GCU on release day and contacted BB just now via chat and got $8 back.  Two more months before my GCU expires. :(

#21 jmillion   Gaming is Therapeutic CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

jmillion

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

might grab w/ GCU 

#22 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

The microtransactions are very limited. There are 5 cosmetic items on sale per day that can be purchased with Time Crystals which is the ONLY form of currency that can be bought with real money. 

The progression is fine in my opinion especially after the recent patch. People just want everything now instead of playing the game they paid for. I'm almost out of koin-purchased chests to open in the Krypt and I haven't felt like it's been a grind at all. 

#23 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2939 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

exactly. Now I just wanna see a naked woman who isn't on a screen.

Strip Clubs exist ya know...

#24 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:57 PM

The Switch version initiates a ~16GB download though the box advises 20GB is required. There's a $40 season pass for several characters down the road so the developer will still get their cut.

#25 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:06 PM

The microtransactions are very limited. There are 5 cosmetic items on sale per day that can be purchased with Time Crystals which is the ONLY form of currency that can be bought with real money.

The progression is fine in my opinion especially after the recent patch. People just want everything now instead of playing the game they paid for. I'm almost out of koin-purchased chests to open in the Krypt and I haven't felt like it's been a grind at all.

I think that’s underselling the issue a bit. People don’t want everything now. Most people don’t even want everything. They just want the chests to not be random so they can locate what they want for the characters they want and focus their Koins on those chests. If the Krypt chests weren’t random, at least half of the agitation wouldn’t have existed.

#26 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:50 AM

Oops

#27 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

I lost interest when Netherealm turned into a bunch of SJW's.

#28 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:51 AM

This reminds me I still need to play MK X. Picked up the Complete Edition for $15, mostly just for the DLC characters. Depending on the DLC for MK 11, I'll probably wait and do the same.

#29 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   249 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

GCU dying is a blessing in disguise it seems....sales everywhere are improving and pricing is making more sense with balance

Long live the free market

#30 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Next time, use spoiler tags you jerk.