Mortal Kombat 11 - $49.99 @ Best Buy

I lost interest when I saw it had microtransactions. I doubt I'll ever buy it and if I do it will be used off Ebay so I don't give them any of my money.
Microtransactions are not the issue as many of the items you cannot buy. The issue is with it taking so long retrieving enough in game currency to unlock items. Patch came out yesterday and today with a number of changes regarding this and other changes.

More details can be found here: https://t.co/OSorcmSIPz

From what i have read, stay away from switch and pc ports.

Like many games, will probably be $30 within a few months and the eventual complete edition will come out at some point in the future based on past releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stopped buying games that come out with cash shops like this immediately. So, I have stopped buying a lot of games in general. I see MK11 as an unfinished product at this time and not worth my money.

If the company has planned DLC that adds to the game, I can see that as games are costing a lot of time and money nowadays. If you want a good quality game that will last, DLC can wind up being a good thing over time. I do dislike games that get published and have additional DLC that costs money right off the bat.

I have stopped buying games that come out with cash shops like this immediately. So, I have stopped buying a lot of games in general. I see MK11 as an unfinished product at this time and not worth my money.

If the company has planned DLC that adds to the game, I can see that as games are costing a lot of time and money nowadays. If you want a good quality game that will last, DLC can wind up being a good thing over time. I do dislike games that get published and have additional DLC that costs money right off the bat.
Are you talking about Shao Khan? That’s the only DLC released so far and most people got him by preordering.

Are you talking about Shao Khan? That’s the only DLC released so far and most people got him by preordering.
Wasnt Johnny Cage another one?

I dont own the game but I like the idea of unlocking through progression in the game. After reading some of the comments it seems like it was a bit crazy on the side of something like 300 matches to open 1 chest.

:/ scorpion says get over here. Sub zero shoots ice. Seen it all already
Thanks for your input.

New FPS -"Man shoots gun, seen it already"

New Racing game - "Vehicle drives around track, seen it already"

Open world game - "Character explores open environment, does combat, seen it already!"

Maybe free to play is pushing $59.99 back to $49.99 or even $39.99 and everybody cancelling their 20% off programs was in preparation for this.

Wasnt Johnny Cage another one?

I dont own the game but I like the idea of unlocking through progression in the game. After reading some of the comments it seems like it was a bit crazy on the side of something like 300 matches to open 1 chest.
No just Shao Khan. Frost needs to be unlocked but you do so by playing through the story. It is an insane grind to get all the extra stuff in the game from the Krypt, but it’s not a pay for it situation, so there’s only a handful of things you can even purchase if you wanted to. The issue is the grindiness, which they force you to do. However, the backlash is forcing them to look over the whole system and adjust how much in game currency you get and the difficulty in general of achieving. There is no buying this stuff though. That’s a complete misunderstanding of the situation. I wish I had the option to buy the skins for my characters and call it a day. Instead I have to grind away in a Krypt full of randomly placed chests where I never know who’s stuff I’m about to get.

Thanks for your input.

New FPS -"Man shoots gun, seen it already"

New Racing game - "Vehicle drives around track, seen it already"

Open world game - "Character explores open environment, does combat, seen it already!"
exactly. Now I just wanna see a naked woman who isn't on a screen.

Thanks, OP!  Paid $48 GCU on release day and contacted BB just now via chat and got $8 back.  Two more months before my GCU expires. :(

I lost interest when I saw it had microtransactions. I doubt I'll ever buy it and if I do it will be used off Ebay so I don't give them any of my money.
The microtransactions are very limited. There are 5 cosmetic items on sale per day that can be purchased with Time Crystals which is the ONLY form of currency that can be bought with real money.

The progression is fine in my opinion especially after the recent patch. People just want everything now instead of playing the game they paid for. I'm almost out of koin-purchased chests to open in the Krypt and I haven't felt like it's been a grind at all.

The Switch version initiates a ~16GB download though the box advises 20GB is required. There's a $40 season pass for several characters down the road so the developer will still get their cut.

The microtransactions are very limited. There are 5 cosmetic items on sale per day that can be purchased with Time Crystals which is the ONLY form of currency that can be bought with real money.

The progression is fine in my opinion especially after the recent patch. People just want everything now instead of playing the game they paid for. I'm almost out of koin-purchased chests to open in the Krypt and I haven't felt like it's been a grind at all.
I think that’s underselling the issue a bit. People don’t want everything now. Most people don’t even want everything. They just want the chests to not be random so they can locate what they want for the characters they want and focus their Koins on those chests. If the Krypt chests weren’t random, at least half of the agitation wouldn’t have existed.

This reminds me I still need to play MK X. Picked up the Complete Edition for $15, mostly just for the DLC characters. Depending on the DLC for MK 11, I'll probably wait and do the same.

GCU dying is a blessing in disguise it seems....sales everywhere are improving and pricing is making more sense with balance

Long live the free market

GCU dying is a blessing in disguise it seems....sales everywhere are improving and pricing is making more sense with balance

Long live the free market
SAYS THE GUY THAT CANT USE IT ANYMORE, MEANWHILE MANY OF US CAN STILL USE FOR QUITE SOMETIME!

Love my GCU!

John718, you still stalkin me? I have it till next year, and I dont buy from BBY anymore because I bought ALLLLLL the games I wanted for switch, so I dont need to use my GCU....and even if you came to the BX and dropped me off $50 cash I wouldn’t give you my GCU.....

So, check my posts dick, and you’ll see i have it well into next year....because you seem to follow and troll me, so i feel like this is the first time i have to warn your provocations are now seen as harassment and bullying, so if you do it again, including addressing me or whatever, insulting or whatever else, ill just have to report you because you are that level of annoying

So keep stalking me and harassing me, but if you do keep it up once more, ill just report you for it

If there is a way to block you, ill do that to, but reazlie the warning stands....so get banned or shut your mouth when addressing me

I think that’s underselling the issue a bit. People don’t want everything now. Most people don’t even want everything. They just want the chests to not be random so they can locate what they want for the characters they want and focus their Koins on those chests. If the Krypt chests weren’t random, at least half of the agitation wouldn’t have existed.
While I don't mind the randomness, I can agree that making the chests fixed would have been better for the masses. At least the heart chest locations are fixed and coins and hearts are a lot easier to come by after the patch. Soul Fragments are still a crazy grind though. I'm still having fun going to through the towers but I doubt I grind enough the open the 10,000 soul chest since it's not required for trophies.

bread's done
Back